Worried about passes getting lost/stolen

HappyMommy2

<font color=green>He loves that Disney quasi-"futu
I've been reading these boards a LOT lately in preparation for our first WDW family trip. Several people have made the great suggestion of photocopying park passes before leaving for WDW so the passes could be replaced if lost. However, we're buying the Armed Forces Salute passes, which have to be purchased on-site, and having no access to a photocopier once we're at WDW I'm wondering what we should do "just in case." Can we just copy down the ID numbers, or will the CMs only honor a photocopy as proof that we actually had the passes? Or is there something else we should do?

We'll be as careful as we can with our passes but with a preschooler and a baby and all their gear to manage it's certainly possible that something could get lost in the shuffle!

Thank you so much!

Write down the numbers on the passes and keep them in a safe place seperate from the passes. Also, have just one of you in charge of the passes and keep them in one of those passport holders that you where around your neck. I think you can get them at Wal-Mart in the wallet-access. area. I remember someone else posted a picture of one that they bought there.

Last time I bought hoppers at the parks I remember the CM telling me to keep the receipt seperate so that if one was lost it could be reissued.

Wal Mart does indeed have a clear zippy card holder that hangs around your neck. It looks pretty waterproof too.
They are .97 cents each.

My daughter lost her pass once when we were on a boat to MGM. When we got to the gate we realized she didn't have it. We went back to the boat but of course it was gone. One of the cast members at the boat dock called up to the gate and sent us up there to customer service (or whatever it's called) The cast member there looked up my pass in the computer, asked us what parks we had been in since we had been there and then issued her another pass. I don't know what they would have done if we had lost both passes. I was really relieved!

I carry all the passes and fast passes in my fanny pack in the front zippered section ( kind of small - perfect for passes). Then right before we get to the park, I pass them out. I collect them again just after we all go through the gate. It has worked for 14 trips so far.

When we get home, the annual passes stay in the fanny pack that doesn't get used until the next trip. We always know where they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter