Worldmark / trendwest / timeshare HELP!!!

teril

Mouseketeer
My dad has recently booked us time for next July 2007 at the Worldmark San Diego Time Share. Has anyone been there and can tell me if it's any good? I was a little disappointed there was no pool. He booked it for a week, will we have enough to do? Plans are the SD Zoo, Wildlife Park, Seaworld, Universal and Disneyland. Is it to far to go to DL and Univ. from there? What else would you recommend in SD? Any good restaurants? Alternative for a pool? My daughter is 10 and really looks forward to the daily swims when we usually stay at the hotels.

I'm hoping he can maybe try to get us at least half of the time at the Anheim one ( Dolphin's Cove) Any feedback on that? Hard to get into? Good / Bad??

I know their not the DL Hotel but I sure don't want to
stay in a real low level place either. Please help put my mind at ease :guilty:

Disneykreyzee

I don't have an answer, but I'm moving this to the Southern California board where you might get some.

From San Diego it is about an hour to DLR and USH. The Worldmark in Anaheim is hard to get into but if you're planning this far in advance it shouldn't be too bad.

Why not stay at the Oceanside one? That's where we will be staying in 2 months right between Anahiem and San Diego. It has a pool/spa and childrens pool and is located right on the harbor.

Jager_mom said:
Why not stay at the Oceanside one? That's where we will be staying in 2 months right between Anahiem and San Diego. It has a pool/spa and childrens pool and is located right on the harbor.

My inlaws stayed at the Oceanside resort last sumer and they enjoyed their stay. They only went to San Diego, not Anaheim, but thought the location was very convenient and unless I'm mistaken, the Oceanside resort has a pool.

My wife and I just were there for 2 days. From my understanding, the place used to be a hotel and then Trendwest took it over. When we first found the place we were not sure if we arrived at the right place. From the outside, it is a brick building. Once you step inside, it looks a lot nicer. We had a studio and it was nice. The rooms start on the second floor, but our room was right by the street, so we sometimes could hear the traffic driving by. They only have 1 elevator and it is small and slow. The room had a small kitchen, bed I believe queen size and a pull out bed from the couch which we did not use. There is a washer and dryer but it is not in your room. Valet parking is not cheap. If I remember, it was $23 a day. You can park your car on the street, if you can find any. I think next time we will stay in Oceanside. I like the resort in Oceanside a lot better. Even though Oceanside is not right in San Diego and you will have to drive a ways to get into San Diego there is more to do at the resort.

If you stay in San Diego, it is easily a 2 hour drive to USH, more if you get stuck in traffic. San Diego is about 80 miles from Anaheim, so plan on at least an hour and a half drive to and from there. You will still find plenty to do in San Diego. There are plenty of beaches, also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter