World Showcase Restaurants

LindsayDunn228

<font color=teal>Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???<
What is your fave World Showcase restaurant and why? Why do you like it and what meals do you enjoy there?

Thanks!

My favorites are:

1. Biergarten in Germany (dinner). The saurbraten is delicious, and the entertainment is fun! The beer is good too!

2. Le Cellier in Canada (lunch or dinner). Atmosphere is nice, the breads that come before your meal are great, and the food is very good! My favorite is the filet.

3. San Angel in Mexico (lunch or dinner). The food is pretty good, but I love the atmosphere! We always ask for a table by the water!

Thanks Rhonda :)

My best friend's fave place to eat is Le Cellier. She goes there EVERY trip. What all is good there (if you don't mind and have the time to respond)? :)

Lindsay...girl, I'm not in the closet about LHOP...we LOVE it! And we really like Disney's new version...much more closer to the original books...Be PROUD of your LHOP love! :) I'm so hoping someone will go through all of Laura Ingall Wilders books...write down every song Pa sung...and have some true fiddlers record them onto a CD...we're dying to know what they actually are supposed to sound like! :)

For us, we love Rose & Crown..we just love the ambience...maybe it's because our forefathers were mostly Scotch/Irish/English and the accent the CM's have is just cool. We've tried Biergarten and Le Cellier with LC winning out on taste...but the charm just wasn't there....we can get a good steak around here....but when I eat there I go for the charm..Biergarten would have been charming but when we went, the band was on a break and the smell of the place just rubs me wrong...too much sauerkraut or something..I hate the smell of cooked cabbage.

Enjoy!
Tara

Our group loves Alfredo's , Le Cellier, and R&C. :earsboy:

MARRAKESH RESTAURANT - Have been there twice and loved the belly dancer, the service and Chicken Couscous.

We have been to
FRANCE=Chef's de France(dinner)=good service, fantastic food, o.k. atmosphere, prices o.k.
GERMANY=Biergarten(dinner)=good service, o.k. food (my Mom is German), great atmosphere, prices o.k., very fun if band is playing.
MEXICO=San Angel Inn(dinner)=o.k. service, o.k. food (DH is Mexican), great atmosphere, prices high (chicken and tortillas are cheap to make!)
JAPAN=Yakatori(dinner)=good service, good food, good atmosphere, prices o.k.
CHINA= (full serve restaurant-can't remember the name)(dinner)=o.k service, o.k. food, o.k. atmosphere, prices high (I can get better and cheaper at home!)
NORWAY=Akerhouse(princess breakfast)=good service, fantastic food, great character interaction, prices o.k.

I want to try Canada, Morocco, Italy, and U.K......maybe next trip after I read these responses I'll know what I am missing :earsgirl:

My favorite is Marrakesh. The restaurant is beautiful, the traditional music and belly dancer add a nice ambience and the food is great. My favorite meal is a lunch special that includes chicken and beef appetizers and the mint tea.

We've also had excellent meals at Akershus (not sure how this one's going to be down the road), San Angel, Teppanyaki, Le Cellier and Chefs de France. The one time we ate at Rose and Crown, it wasn't very good, but we'll probably try it again sometime.

(I posted this in another thread so if some of you have seen it, its not mysterious deja vu, LOL)

- Le Celier: I just tried it for the first time last year and loved it. The pretzel bread was out of this world and even competes with Olive Garden breadsticks! (which coming from me is a great honor!) Le Celier steaks are great and the desserts were amazing if you have room for them! Although i didnt try it, i heard the cheddar cheese soup is amazing there.

- Alfredo's: I used to go there years ago but haven't gone for a while. Then this past year I went again and it was great. The atmosphere was very festive with numerous songs breaking out! At one point, a song broke out and everyone started swinging their napkins! It was one of the highlights of the vacation! The food was also really good and a lot of variety. I had the sampler and enjoyed it. The desserts were excellent too!

- The Japanese sit down place. I think its called Teppanyaki Dining room. Went there a few trips ago and was very impressed. Sitting in front of the grill as the chef prepared everything was a unique experience and the food itself was excellent. Very fresh and filling while not having a heavy feel to it.

Hi Lindsay! My favorite is the Filet, but the Salmon and Pork are also very good! :flower:

Hi,

1. Rose & Crown
2. Chefs de France
3. Nine Dragons

Allison

My favorite is San Angelles and DH's favorite is Germany. This June we are finally going to try Marrekesh.

1. Le Cellier Service and food are always the best.
2. Matsunoma Lounge Love the view, tends to be quiet and the food is good.
3. Tie Akershus and Oktoberfest
Honorable mention - Rose & Crown and Marrakesh

Worst - Alfredos, hate being jammed into a restaurant and the food was just ok.

Does the bakery in France count?? :rotfl: Seriously, I love counter service in Japan (can never remember the name) and Rose and Crown. We are trying Le Cellier this time and are "eating around the world" another night.

Amanda

Le Celier - cheese soup, breadsticks and mushroom filet - YUM!

while Rose and Crown wasnt the best meal we ever had - lucking out with a walk up front and center patio seat for Illuminations made it a very memorable dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter