World of Color Superthread

I agree with some of the other posts about how confusing the WOC seating situation is. Even after reading threads we still have trouble working out exactly where the best spot would be. We had the blue fastpasses and in the end since we had ponchos decided on the very front wet section.

We had a absolute ball getting wet, not so most of the others around without ponchos, as we got soaked. But they really should just make that area stadium seating, it isnt really used for anything anyway.

So many others were confused, sitting on steps, behind barriers, not sure whether to go up a level behind people or lower levels. I can imagine it being alot worse during summer.

We asked maybe 5 CM's trying to get an idea of what's the best option.

I agree with some of the other posts about how confusing the WOC seating situation is. Even after reading threads we still have trouble working out exactly where the best spot would be. We had the blue fastpasses and in the end since we had ponchos decided on the very front wet section.

We had a absolute ball getting wet, not so most of the others around without ponchos, as we got soaked. But they really should just make that area stadium seating, it isnt really used for anything anyway.

So many others were confused, sitting on steps, behind barriers, not sure whether to go up a level behind people or lower levels. I can imagine it being alot worse during summer.

We asked maybe 5 CM's trying to get an idea of what's the best option.

The viewing situation for WOC is extremely imperfect. The OP in this thread is my best effort to let folks make the best of the situation and get a good view of the show. Disney created a great show but messed up the viewing area. If one goes to the spots shown in the OP at the times recommended in the OP one should be good.

:wizard:

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the information in this thread. I was able to get a great view for my 4 yr old daughter and a great location to take pics. I was at the 2nd green star in the blue zone outside the "wet" area.

IMG_5634_810-2_sm by almond31, on Flickr

Beautiful picture and great view!!!! Do you mind sharing your timing to get there?

Beautiful picture and great view!!!! Do you mind sharing your timing to get there?

Around 7pm we started staying around the general area. We rode Ariel one more time because it was a 5 min wait and then grabbed a Mickey ice cream (sooooooo gooood). I talked to a couple CM that were starting to gather and they said they would start setting up the queue in around 15 minutes and was asking everyone to wait by the palm trees. In the OP's viewing chart this would be around number 11.

Around 7:30ish they let people in the first section of the queue. Later it would all become one, but they weren't finished roping everything off. It's not numbered, but it would be just before the HC blue section. 10 minutes later we were able to move to number 8. We stayed there until around 8pm when they finally dropped the rope and people took off like a shot. The bulk of the people almost ran to the "wet" section, so we had our choice further back.

Once we had our spot we had over an hour to kill. They don't seem to have a problem with people sitting while waiting. I personally didn't experience it, but I know several people around us were able to leave and come back during the wait. 15 minutes until show time CM started coming around and asking people to stand.

We went on May 2nd and I think it was a pretty mild crowd day. The weather on the other hand. Only I could book a trip in January and hit the 2 hottest days for the entire week. :rolleyes: Once the show started I looked around and there was pretty good breathing space around. I'm sure in Summer people will probably be packed in like sardines. :crowded:

Hope you have a great time! If you need any clarification or more info let me know.

Around 7pm we started staying around the general area. We rode Ariel one more time because it was a 5 min wait and then grabbed a Mickey ice cream (sooooooo gooood). I talked to a couple CM that were starting to gather and they said they would start setting up the queue in around 15 minutes and was asking everyone to wait by the palm trees. In the OP's viewing chart this would be around number 11.

Around 7:30ish they let people in the first section of the queue. Later it would all become one, but they weren't finished roping everything off. It's not numbered, but it would be just before the HC blue section. 10 minutes later we were able to move to number 8. We stayed there until around 8pm when they finally dropped the rope and people took off like a shot. The bulk of the people almost ran to the "wet" section, so we had our choice further back.

Once we had our spot we had over an hour to kill. They don't seem to have a problem with people sitting while waiting. I personally didn't experience it, but I know several people around us were able to leave and come back during the wait. 15 minutes until show time CM started coming around and asking people to stand.

We went on May 2nd and I think it was a pretty mild crowd day. The weather on the other hand. Only I could book a trip in January and hit the 2 hottest days for the entire week. :rolleyes: Once the show started I looked around and there was pretty good breathing space around. I'm sure in Summer people will probably be packed in like sardines. :crowded:

Hope you have a great time! If you need any clarification or more info let me know.

Thank you so much!!!

:sulley::yay:
We are making our 1st trip to Disneyland Wed July 3 through Sunday July 7. I know, I know, it'll probably be crazy busy with the holiday in there. I've looked online and park hours etc are not listed yet.

Is WOC shown every night, or only select nights. Since we will be there over a holiday weekend I'm sure it'll be showing at least some time while we're there, right?

Also, I'm sure my dd will love to get the Glow with the Show ears. Anyone know if my DVC membership will give me a discount on those ears?

During the time of year you are going there is usually a 9 and 10:15 show every night. In my opinion the glow with the show ears are worth it with or without a discount. We were at DCA last year about three weeks after they offered the ears, and while not a lot of people were wearing them, a lot of people did ask where we got them and mentioned that they thought they were cool. For me and my family the conversation that we had with other people was enough to justify the price of the ears.

Hydro thanks for all the great information. I'm hoping you can clear this up for me (most likely redundant).

Is there ANY difference in seating for WOC when purchasing WCT dinner VS purchasing WCT lunch? (most of what I read including OP leads me to believe no, but wanted to check)

Is 1 hour before the 2nd show on Tues June 11 early enough to get a pretty good seat in the reserved area?

Hey everyone---

On a busy summer day, on average, what time do you think the fastpass machines stop giving out the first show and start with the second. I won't be getting to the park til around 3 the day I want to see world of color and want to do first show....will I be too late to get past passes for it?

Thanks!!

Hey everyone---

On a busy summer day, on average, what time do you think the fastpass machines stop giving out the first show and start with the second. I won't be getting to the park til around 3 the day I want to see world of color and want to do first show....will I be too late to get past passes for it?

Thanks!!

I'd love the answer to this, as well. We'd like to see the second show, but will be in DL most of the day that we are planning it, so I'd like to avoid a bunch of hopping back and forth just to check on WOC FP times.

Thanks from me, too!!

Does anyone know if the default location for Ariels Grotto WOC Dining location is the same as WCT? I know you can ask to go to any of the preferred spots, but wanted to know the one they will try to send you to.

And is the entry location the same for all Preferred Dining?

Thanks
George

After reading the first post I am officially overwhelmed :eek:
I've been to WDW several times over the years but I haven't been to DL since I was a child. I'd like to see WoC while we are there but it seems like a lot of trouble....I was considering taking advantage of the "picnic option" but apparently thats been discontinued.
We will be there
August 1 & 2 so whatever night we don't go to WoC we'll go to Fantasmic (which I LOVE at WDW spoiled by the amphi-theater seating, not sure how standing will be...not that I am unable to stand physically just think it will be more stressful/less enjoyable...we aren't big parade people because we aren't willing to stake out a spot hours before...)
Please reassure me :thanks:

I've been to WDW several times over the years but I haven't been to DL since I was a child. I'd like to see WoC while we are there but it seems like a lot of trouble....I was considering taking advantage of the "picnic option" but apparently thats been discontinued.
We will be there
August 1 & 2 so whatever night we don't go to WoC we'll go to Fantasmic (which I LOVE at WDW spoiled by the amphi-theater seating, not sure how standing will be...not that I am unable to stand physically just think it will be more stressful/less enjoyable...we aren't big parade people because we aren't willing to stake out a spot hours before...)

The last showing of WOC is really a walk-up these days. Just did WOC this weekend, last show and we walked up about 10 minutes before and got rail spots. The first show requires more planning, but it is pretty easy. Get a WOC FP in the morning sometime and show up about an hour or so before the show. We just don't care to wait that long anymore since we have seen it many times.

If you were planning on eating at one of the restaurants that offers WOC packages, go ahead and get the WOC FPs that come with the meal. But I wouldn't eat at the restaurant for the WOC FP alone. It just isn't worth it in my opinion.

You will be fine, it is an amazing show! If you can do the last show, I highly recommend it. Maybe take an extra nap that day if possible. And sorry, not that familiar with Fantasmic!, but there is a super thread for that I believe.

We will be there

For F! we have been pretty lucky I guess because we never stake out a spot before hand and we have been able to find a good spot to watch the show each time we have tried (usually no more than 30 min prior to the first showing). Last time we found a spot against a rail right behind the dessert seating area so we knew our view wouldnt be blocked at all as those dessert ordering guests get chairs to sit in and we were positioned in what I would call center stage (think 50 yard line seats for football, or behind home plate for baseball).

Now our WOC experience has been different and we dont care to see that again until they make the viewing area more comfortable or change how you see the show. We havent tried the 2nd show however because DD cant hang that late (Shes 4 now), so maybe when shes older and can handle staying up that late we might try it again. Too bad because DD really loves the show.

For F! we have been pretty lucky I guess because we never stake out a spot before hand and we have been able to find a good spot to watch the show each time we have tried (usually no more than 30 min prior to the first showing). Last time we found a spot against a rail right behind the dessert seating area so we knew our view wouldnt be blocked at all as those dessert ordering guests get chairs to sit in and we were positioned in what I would call center stage (think 50 yard line seats for football, or behind home plate for baseball).

Now our WOC experience has been different and we dont care to see that again until they make the viewing area more comfortable or change how you see the show. We havent tried the 2nd show however because DD cant hang that late (Shes 4 now), so maybe when shes older and can handle staying up that late we might try it again. Too bad because DD really loves the show.

Do you think WOC will be that way during the summer? We will be there in August, and we were gonna do the Carthay Circle meal to get the preferred viewing, but would rather not pay out all the money. ;)

Do you think WOC will be that way during the summer? We will be there in August, and we were gonna do the Carthay Circle meal to get the preferred viewing, but would rather not pay out all the money. ;)

I just booked Carthay Circle thinking it will be this way for our August trip,!:rolleyes:

I just booked Carthay Circle thinking it will be this way for our August trip,!:rolleyes:

We were in DL/DCA in August last year (around 6th to 13th or so) and we booked WCT for dinner and had e choice of early or late WOC. We picked early and had a great view in front of the circle area but out of wet zone. It wasn't crowded. Maybe we got lucky. I heard Carthay is great but the menu didn't work for my kids.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Does anyone know if the default location for Ariels Grotto WOC Dining location is the same as WCT? I know you can ask to go to any of the preferred spots, but wanted to know the one they will try to send you to.

And is the entry location the same for all Preferred Dining?

Thanks
George

When we were there on Mothers Day evening, the waiting location AND entry location for WCT and Ariel's Grotto were the same!

The Cms(at least some of them;)) were sending those with Carthay Circle dining passes to a completely different waiting spot!(That evening, they let the WCT/AG people in BEFORE the Carthay Circle people were let in)!

Keep in mind that this was just one evening, and OUR experience--not saying that this is how it will always be!

Actually, lots of things change from time to time, evening to evening--be prepared to have a unique experience depending on how they choose to run things(wink,wink) the night you are there!

Thanks for all the tips on these forums, especially to the OP. I managed to get some pretty good videos (links below).

I ate at the Wine County Trattoria at 6pm on a Wednesday, and started lining up for the show at 7:30pm in front of the Little Mermaid ride. I ended up right against the railing, behind the wet zone. (The wet zone was also open to us if we wanted to go). I still got a light mist in this area, and had to wipe my camera lens several times.

A Whole New World:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq65VYm1Wm0

Finale:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBV_n5C2m6U

Just ate at Carthay Circle yesterday. This may have already been shared, but they are now doing a WOC meal that is 3 course for $39. I didn't take a pic of the menu but the starter is a soup or salad, dessert is chocolate cake or lemon blueberry pound cake. Some entrees I remember are a burger, steak and arugula salad, chicken strawberry salad, salmon, beef short rib ravioli, rigatoni and chicken...that's all I remember. HTH others...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter