Work opportunity for a trip. Solo or no?

eventamy

DIS Veteran
MY profession's national conference is at the Dolphin/Swan this June/July and I have asked for the go-ahead to go from work. I will have the conference registration fee and flights reimbursed, plus it will be a great conference.
I am deciding now if I just want to go by myself, bring my husband, bring my two kids too.... Would it be awful to leave the kids at home and have my husband join me? They are 10 and 6 and I really want to go but I also want to have that time with my husband.
I will not be staying on site. My mom has a timeshare condo that she's going to let me use for the week so that will save the expense right there we are also planning on if it's just my husband I doing a couple days at Universal. I really love Harry Potter so I wanted to take advantage of that. What do you all think?

any suggestions any tips for going solo for the afternoons and evenings I will have off?

I read: Timeshare, already there, husband, and kids at an age that drive you crazy. The COSMOS say go and have a good time. Business is business, the kids dont have to know more. Just hide the pictures if anything Also you can use ur experience to have a better time the second time around with ur kids. ull know which rides you should do first/last etc... have fun!

Absolutely you and your hubby should go and not feel any guilt. Almost everyone agrees that strong relationships need alone time - so why not make it at Disney World?!?! There are so many "Adult" things to do in Disney world that you most likely wouldn't do with your children - Watching shows in Epcot with a nice drink, Jelly Rolls, romantic dinners. I just think of it as exploring the other side of Disney. I think you'll be shocked how much you'll love Disney without the kids. It's just another point of view.

Suggestions - my favorite solo things to do - get to MK early, grab a rocker on Main St. and watch people rushing all over the place with their little ones. Dinner at CA Grill during fireworks. Behind the scenes tours. Monorail hopping to check out monorail resorts. Finding all the hidden bars in the Epcot resorts - there are some very cool, relaxing places to "hide" in Disney.

Last June I had conference at the Dolphin so I went a few days early so I could spend some time at the parks. Invited the wife but she declined as we'd been the year before and she wasn't interested in returning so soon.

This March she has a conference in Orlando and while she is in her sessions I'll be at the parks. Something for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter