WoooooooHooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

MariaEllerºoº

DIS Veteran
WoooooooooHooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! We originally had reservations for Pop Century Nov. 7-10, but the shuttle changed their launch schedule so we had to switch dates. We're now staying at Caribbean Beach Resort Nov. 13-16th for just $15 dollars more than what we paid for Pop Century!!! WooooooHooooooo!!! My favorite moderate resort! Ohhhhhh, I can't wait!!!

I'd say! WooHoo!!! We had to pay $15 more for one room and got a $1.47 credit on the second room just by switching dates and switching (upgrading) from a Value to a Moderate! WooHoo!!!

I'm so excited I can't seem to settle down to fall asleep! LOL By the way I'm bouncing all around in excitement you would think I'm leaving for our vacation tomorrow! LOL That DGL Code is nice!!! :)

MariaEllerºoº;27647077 said:
WoooooooooHooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! We originally had reservations for Pop Century Nov. 7-10, but the shuttle changed their launch schedule so we had to switch dates. We're now staying at Caribbean Beach Resort Nov. 13-16th for just $15 dollars more than what we paid for Pop Century!!! WooooooHooooooo!!! My favorite moderate resort! Ohhhhhh, I can't wait!!!

When is the shuttle launch scheduled for? Any details would be appreciated....we'll be at Disney Nov. 9-15. Thanks!

The Shuttle Launch was originally scheduled for November 10th, but has been delayed to November 12th. You should definitely try to catch if you can. NASA is going to end the shuttle program within the next couple of years...coming out with a new mode of transportation. Watching a lift-off is something you'll never forget! Being down on the beach...hearing that roar...waves whipping up...feeling the ground shake...it's something else!

MariaEllerºoº;27654403 said:
The Shuttle Launch was originally scheduled for November 10th, but has been delayed to November 12th. You should definitely try to catch if you can. NASA is going to end the shuttle program within the next couple of years...coming out with a new mode of transportation. Watching a lift-off is something you'll never forget! Being down on the beach...hearing that roar...waves whipping up...feeling the ground shake...it's something else!

Awesome, thank you!! Is there a website I can get more details on this? Thanks!!

MariaEllerºoº;27649098 said:
I'm so excited I can't seem to settle down to fall asleep! LOL By the way I'm bouncing all around in excitement you would think I'm leaving for our vacation tomorrow! LOL That DGL Code is nice!!! :)

It's just soooo hard to contain your excitement when going to Walt Disney World. It's makes it even harder when you know you've gotten a really great deal!

By the way, have you ever stayed at Pop Century before? We always stay at the CBR and are staying at Pop next year. We wanted a change in scenery and, during our August, 2008, trip, we visited Pop. It seemed like a cool resort.

I was just wondering if you had stayed at Pop before and could give me the lowdown on how it compares to the CBR. I know that there are the no restaurant, more amenities but I am worried about room size, noise, etc.

Thanks!! Is it something we can see from Disney (I know, never as good as being there, but we won't have a car)...

It's just soooo hard to contain your excitement when going to Walt Disney World. It's makes it even harder when you know you've gotten a really great deal!

By the way, have you ever stayed at Pop Century before? We always stay at the CBR and are staying at Pop next year. We wanted a change in scenery and, during our August, 2008, trip, we visited Pop. It seemed like a cool resort.

I was just wondering if you had stayed at Pop before and could give me the lowdown on how it compares to the CBR. I know that there are the no restaurant, more amenities but I am worried about room size, noise, etc.

No, I have never personally stayed at Pop Century so I can't really compare the two. My cousins stay at Pop all the time and love it. The differences that I see are: no fridge, no coffee pot, no separate changing area in the room, no slides at the pool, no hot tub, no sit down restaurant, no bike rentals, etc... at Pop or any of the other Value Resorts.

I personally love the Caribbean Beach Resorts lay-out. I love the serenity and solitude of the resort after a busy day in the parks. I personally was worried about how compact Pop Century is compared to CBR, the crowds and busy atmosphere...not sure if I would have cared for it, but I still want to stay there one day to be able to say that I have.

MariaEllerºoº;27655427 said:
No, I have never personally stayed at Pop Century so I can't really compare the two. My cousins stay at Pop all the time and love it. The differences that I see are: no fridge, no coffee pot, no separate changing area in the room, no slides at the pool, no hot tub, no sit down restaurant, no bike rentals, etc... at Pop or any of the other Value Resorts.

I personally love the Caribbean Beach Resorts lay-out. I love the serenity and solitude of the resort after a busy day in the parks. I personally was worried about how compact Pop Century is compared to CBR, the crowds and busy atmosphere...not sure if I would have cared for it, but I still want to stay there one day to be able to say that I have.

Sounds like our situation. My brother and sister in law have stayed at Pop two times and liked it both times.

When we went over to Pop last month, we ate in the food court, walked around, actually got to go into one of the rooms (thanks to a mousekeeping supervisor) and watched the bus situation.

While we absolutely love the CBR, I want to change and we really don't like the looks of the other moderate resorts. We also visited WL and I am soooo glad that we canceled our stay there. The resort was lovely but definitely not worth the extra $1,000.00 it would have cost to stay there.

Target had their little compact refrigerators on sale for just $49.00. I quickly ran to the store and snatched one up. It's small and not any larger than our semi-small cooler we always bring along.

We really don't spend much time at the resort so I think we'll be fine with Pop.

Again, congrats on getting the great rate!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter