woodfields Florida Foray Day 7

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY – DAY 7
DD#1 is running out of money so after a hasty breakfast DD#1 and myself catch the I ride down to the Mall where we go to change DD#1 euros into dollars. Today’s exchange rate has gone down a fair bit from a few days ago but as she has no more money then she hasn’t an option but to go ahead!! We also shop for provisions and we download photos, print and cut CD’s of photographic evidence so far!! Takes a while, as there are two cameras to get through!! Even though we didn’t hang around and we were lucky with trolleys we still took 1 and a half hours to do everything – not that the others were ready when we got back!! We got a taxi to MGM. Taxi journeys this holiday were really interesting with 5 ‘adult bodies’ to pack into them!! MIL always sat in the front due to the ease of access for her. That left four of us to pack into the back – it was fine for the length of journeys we were doing but we wouldn’t have wanted to go much further!! The weather is reasonably warm and sunny today which is nice!! We go straight to Indiana Jones and get good seats. Even though this show hasn’t changed in the 13 years that we have been coming I still enjoy it!! We have a drink and some nice cake at the little cake shop by Brown Derby - can’t remember the exact name, before making our way to the Great Movie Ride. I forgot that there were snakes on this ride (MIL is terrified of them and cant even look at pictures of the damn things) – luckily I remember just in time to make sure that she could bury her head in my shoulder!! The girls and DH all went on Tower of Terror but as MIL and I have a hatred of lifts we sat this one out. This is the first year that I have not gone on it though – in the past I have always made sure I have been on once just to say I can say I have been on it!! Not this time (is it my age I wonder!!) MIL sits out Rocknroller coaster but I love this ride so we sneak two rides while MIL thinks we only went once!!! We have a meal and then make our way to get places to watch the Parade which is soon over – is it my imagination or have they got shorter over the years? The girls both INSIST on going to see The Little Mermaid – DD#1 takes great delight in reminding DD#2 that she used to dress up as Ariel complete with a wig made from tights, and sit at the top of the stairs singing Ariel’s ah ah ah song!!!!!! From there they make a beeline for Beauty and the Beast which now has a pre-show of an excellent male quartet, which was a real treat to hear!!
We had another drink and snack stop before making our way to Fantasmic where we got fairly good seats and really enjoyed the show – even though it was freezing again!!
We stopped at the Golden Corral for a meal but it has really gone downhill since we visited it in 2003 so it was crossed off our list of dining options!! One of the servers literally took DD#1 plate away while she was still eating – no tip there then!! We caught the I-ride back and after cuppas retired to bed!!

Good day at MGM.

Looking forward to reading the next part.

Sue :wave:

A great time at MGM! I love the Beauty and the Beast show, as well as Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Fantasmic is just amazing, I'm glad you were able to see it, even if it was a bit :cold:

Anz :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter