Woo Hoo, just booked Pop Century!!!

E

eeyore0062

Decided to take a mini vacation the beginning of June to celebrate my birthday and DD's graduation from elementary school. Was able to get Pop Century and put in a request for the 50's buildings. I think that DD will love the oversized bowling pins and Lady and the Tramp likenesses.

We could have gotten a standard view room at CSR, but something keeps pulling me over to Pop.

Would love to hear any comments from those who have stayed at Pop, especially in the 50's building!

My dd just said, "The 50's building?? Tell them that it was awesome!" My kids are 8 and 10, and we all loved the POP. The food court was nice, we kept refilling our mugs and the gift shop had a lot of nice things, too. We never waited long for a bus (of course, this was September, not June) and it was just fun.

Have a great trip!

Anita

We stayed at POP last Sept. & absolutely loved it! We went with my very picky mother, very picky sister, niece age 13, DD 16 & DD 9. I was in charge of all the plans & chose POP hoping everyone would like it OK. Well, everyone loved it! Not one complaint! I would not hesitate to stay there again. We stayed in the 60's section, but the 50's section looked really cool too. :flower:

I just returned from our week long stay at POP and LOVVVEEEDDD it! We have 3 young ones 11yo, 8yo and 20 months. I believe it is perfect for families with younger children with the cafeteria and the refill station, the arcade and gift shop all being so close. We also stayed at CSR 4 years ago (so no 20 month old) and thought it wasn't very family oriented (for our family anyways). It was a very long walk from our room to the food section and a long walk to the pool. The food section was more of a get your own food but had waitresses getting your drinks and ate up a lot of time (time is money in WDW). The rooms were no different (maybe CSR was slightly bigger?), the pool at CSR had a slide and POP doesn't. Our family would pick POP as a better place but again I guess it all depends what your family will prefer. Have fun no matter where you stay!

Oh ya upon check in I requested the 70's building. Worked out great for us as the only kiddie pool was near the hippy dippy pool in the 60's section and was a short walk. We were also near the little fountain play area and the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter