wondering about wine.......

allgoodindixie

Earning My Ears
Is there a Walmart/ Target or similar food store where a bottle or 2 of wine can be purchased.

We are staying at Coronado Springs--- we plan a food stop -- but what about alcoholic beverages? Are they sold at food stores????

Thanks!!:bounce:

Not real sure where Coronado Springs is in relation to CBR, which is where we stay, but there is a grocery store close by CBR. If you go to Downtown Disney, take a right at the traffic light after the chevron gas station. You will be going down the road with all the off-site hotels. Go through the traffic light at the big intersection and the grocery store will be on the left. I can't remember what it is called. Hope that helps.

That grocery store is called Goodings.

If you take Hotel Plaza Dr. (across from the DTD Marketplace, right behind Once Upon a Toy, the road veers off either to the left or to the right -- Take the right, that's Hotel Plaza Dr.) to 535-Apopka Vineland Rd. (The intersection with a stoplight at the very edge of property.

At that stoplight, you can either go straight (cross 535) into the crossroads shopping center, or you can turn left (onto 535) and go a ways down the road. Past Palm Parkway, there'll be a small strip mall with an Eckerd's, which I believe has an attached store where they sell some wines.

If you continue on 535, past the Eckerd's, you'll find a small plaza with a Winn Dixie and an ABC Liquors. The liquor store has a great selection and pretty good prices, too.

Do grocery stores sell Beer & Wine? What about hard liquor. Are there restrictions on when alcohol can be purchased? When I lived in Houston they sold beer and wine in the grocery but you couldn't buy it after 11PM I believe.

Here in New Orleans our groceries sell beer, wine and hard liquor 24/7. We are pretty much a party town :teeth:

Originally posted by allgoodindixie
Is there a Walmart/ Target or similar food store where a bottle or 2 of wine can be purchased.

We are staying at Coronado Springs--- we plan a food stop -- but what about alcoholic beverages? Are they sold at food stores????

Thanks!!:bounce:
You can purchase beer at gas stations, 7-11's, grocery stores, Wal*Mart and similar venues. You can purchase wine at Super WalMart, grocery stores and similar venues.
If you take a right onto (when you get to Crossroads Square) 535 about a mile or so down the road there is a Walgreens, attached to that is a liquor store.
If you take a left onto(when you get to Crossroads Square) 535 about a mile down there is a Winn Dixie with a liquor store in front of it.
I know that they sell beer and wine at Super Wal*Mart until about 2am.
I believe (if memory serves) they sell liquor at Walgreens until about 11pm.
They also sell liquor, beer and wine at the stores on Disney resorts, but, it is rather expensive.
Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter