WONDERful first cruise 11/12-16

bdink921

DIS Veteran
Thanks everyone on these boards for all of your advice and tips--we had the best vacation ever on the Wonder. I'll just give you a quick rundown. It all started off a little rocky--we had a rough 3 days at WDW--DS7 was not on his best behavior!! WDW was fun anyway--we had an awesome CM at Test Track in Epcot who made us the 'first family', she practically gave us a guided tour of Futureworld :thumbsup2 !! By the time we got to the Port, we were exhausted from all the running around we did at WDW. I surprised DS and DH with a limo ride to the port by Lorden Transportation--outstanding!!! We arrived at the terminal around 1030am and had boarding pass #3--we were on the ship by noon and eating lunch at PC. I also surprised DH and DS with baskets from the Perfect Gift--Shirley, they were beautiful!! We had a cat 11 on deck 7--great location, small cabin, loved deck 7 aft!! Dewa was our stateroom host--he was terrific! The service on this ship was unbelievable--I could get spoiled forever by the treatment we got from all of the staff. Our dining room servers were Agnes and Clarisse and both were great--they really hit it off with DS and made his vacation special. Food was good to very good--Palo was excellent for dinner--we cancelled brunch to spend more time with DS. As soon as we boarded we changed to late dining and had the 8pm seating--this worked out much better for us. Our rotation was TAAP. The shows were great--missed the one on the first night. DS loved the lab--he was able to go to the lab because he was turning 8 on the 16th. DH and I got to spend some time with each other alone--a rarity with our schedules!! We met up with Diana (another DISer) and her DH and DS--great people. Went to Wavebands a few times--Wonder Quest was a hoot. For Nassau we did the Dolphin Encounter--the encounter itself was awesome but there was alot of waiting in Wavebands before the encounter and a long ferry ride--I'm glad we did it though--DS was thrilled to meet a dolphin close up. We really didn't care too much for Nassau--dropped DS off in the lab after the DE and shopped a little then went back to the ship. CC was so beautiful--we enjoyed the beach but would love to try snorkeling and the stingray excursion next time. The weather was gorgeous--80's during the day and warm breezes at night--perfect!! Pirate night was alot of fun--loved the fireworks!! Oh yeah--at the end of the third day, my DH (Mr. Non-Disney lover) turned to me and said--'ok, you were right. I loved it--book the 7 night"!! So I did and we are going back--April 12-19, 2008 Eastern!! This cruise was fantastic!!!!

Thanks for the report. When you got off, we were getting on. We originally wanted the 4 day that you went on, but that would have meant taking the kids out of school too long.

I did not think we could leave the ship with the kids in the club, but they told us it would be OK. We did not do this anyway, but it was nice to know. We only got paged once, by our DS3 who just wanted to make sure we were still there - but then wanted to get back to playing in the club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter