Wonder March 16-21

Fletch2

Earning My Ears
Our first Disney cruise with 2 kids age 11 & 9. The overall family experience was positive. One night the ship was rocking as we past through a cold front which put a damper on the Pirate evening that the kids could not attend. My only real concern was I felt the kids activities are focused on younger kids up to 6 yrs old. Even the counsellors at the Oceaneer Club told us that and that my kids would most likely feel out of place. My 11 yr old daughter was too intimidated to go to the tween Edge club by herself and never went. So, the majority of the time they remained with us and did other activities. I felt they missed out in the area. For a process improvement suggestion, I feel Disney should have counsellors out on the top deck trying to engage kids in club activities. I have seen this done in resorts and is a positive step in kids trust and engagement rather then having them walk into a new environment on their own with in/out privileges. Yes, we attended the first open house together but that didn't help. Disney has an abundant of great activities but the expectation is the older kids must go on their own. We all loved swimming with the dolphins and Castaway Cay with beautiful weather. Kids menu choices could have maybe changed a little more. Basically the exact menu every night. Regular menu was great! Not sure if the newer and larger ships are the same.

Sorry that your kids did not enjoy the clubs. My oldest is 12 and has gone to the Edge twice. It is really a good idea to go the first night for the ice breakers to get to know the other kids.

Your kids could have ordered off the adult menu. Everyone can order off any menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter