Women who reported having been pregnant looked biologically older than women who had never, and women who had been pregnant more often looked ...older

The study seemed to be looking at very young moms who were still maturing into adulthood.

I've had 4 kids starting at age 25 and people tell me I don't look my age. That I look younger.

So much goes into epigenetics. I would have liked to see more details of the study.

I do agree pregnancy takes a lot out of moms and is much more dangerous than often mentioned.

And no one prepared you for the lifetime of worries one has for our offspring.

Yeah, makes sense, creating a child and giving birth takes a huge toll on your body. If you do it a couple of times, not surprised you look older than those who did not.
Pregnancy for me actually made me fitter and "younger" it was the years after being a mom, always feeding, having cooks, eating and eating, lack of sleep due to school and raising kids. focusing more on the kids aged me MUCH more than actually the biological act of creating a child

I have never been, but my hair was turning a crazy amount of grey before I turned 30. If I didn't color my hair now, I would probably be 100% grey, and would have been that way for a very long time.

The study seemed to be looking at very young moms who were still maturing into adulthood.

I've had 4 kids starting at age 25 and people tell me I don't look my age. That I look younger.

So much goes into epigenetics. I would have liked to see more details of the study.

I do agree pregnancy takes a lot out of moms and is much more dangerous than often mentioned.

And no one prepared you for the lifetime of worries one has for our offspring.
Well, just think how ultimately fantastic you could have looked if you had none, lol!

I believe it's probably true for the most part--always exceptions of course. The pregnancy hormones and sheer stress on the body have an impact on skin and tendon laxity. Tendons often relax a bit during pregancy and feet and hands can "spread." Hips widen a bit. Might not be noticeable but it happens.

It does say in the study that many of the pregnancies in their baseline study occurred during late adolescence, which might be stressful depending on the amount of support given to the mother. I do think the contrast between men and women is interesting, even if it is only 2.4 - 2.8 months of biological aging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter