Mouseketeer
Since I have perused these boards prior to my trip I thought I'd pay it forward

3 adults & 1 child

Day 1: Wolfgang Pucks Grand Cafe

Appetizers: 2 barbecued chicken quesadilla & 1 crab cakes..there are
no children's appetizers
Entrees: 2 rib steak, 1 weinerschnitzel. child spaghetti & meatballs
Desert: 1 flourless chocolate cake, kids sundae, 1 other desert

quesadilla's were excellent could make a meal of this with a side salad, crab cakes just okay tasted more fishy than crabby, the steak ordered medium was ok but the medium rare steak was cold & dark red inside, definitely undercooked. It took so long to get someone to send it back & when it came back it was completely well done. I would have never eaten it that way but DH didnt want to wait for another one. He said the flavor was good but my brother said his steak was just ok nothing special. Same goes for my weinerschnitzel, a very large breaded veal cutlet..good but nothing special. I'm a small eater so I didn't eat the german potato salad or the salad but tasted both & they were good, especially the seasoning on the potato salad. Nephew loved the spaghetti & meatballs especially cheese which they grated at the table. The flourless chocolate cake was way too rich but we all took a bite & the sundae was a big hit.

Day 2: We were supposed to go to Spoodles at 5pm from MGM but changed our plans & went back to swim at OKW in the afternoon & ate at Olivia's at 6 before going back to MGM

Appetizers: 2 orders chicken wings, 1 conch chowder, there are no
kid's appetizers
Entrees: 2 Grouper, 1 Prime Rib, kids chicken fingers
Desert: 2 apple pie, 1 key lime tart

The chicken wings were sticky & spicy & it was a very large order, at least 8 or 10 per order & very meaty & very tasty..plenty to share among the 4 of us. My brother, a former Key West resident, said the conch chowder was ok as were the desserts..which we were too full to enjoy. The entrees were fabulous. The grouper & the accompanying veggies were wonderful as was the prime rib. We were very happy with this meal. Chicken fingers..standard disney chicken fingers what can I say?

Day 3: Le Cellier

Appetizers: duck 2 ways, shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, kids cheddar
cheese soup
Entrees: mushroom filet, 2 sirloin strip, kid's plain pasta
Desert: chocolate whiskey cake, fruit sorbet duo, smores,
chocolate moose
Beverages: chocolate raspberry shake & smoothies on the ddp

nephew didnt like the soup but I loved it. It was kid's portion & really small but a whole cup of that with a salad & bread would be enough for a whole meal. I thought it was delicious. He, on the other hand, loved the duck. The shrimp cocktail was declared as just ok not as expected I suspect. The filet was the tenderest steak I'd ever eaten & the mushroom risotto was really good. The sirloin's were also a hit. What can you say about plain pasta...He didnt even want any sauce on it. Our waiter said my nephew could have the smores for desert ( we would have gotten it for him anyway) since they had made a mistake on our steak order & brought 2 fillets instead of 2 sirloins & we had to wait..I wish I hadnt gotten the smoothie so I could have enjoyed the whiskey cake more. It was a light chocolate cake with moose between the layers & the tarragon anglaise sauce was excellent & unexpected..very different. The sorbet & the moose were both declared winners & after a "meal" of plain pasta I think my nephew managed to eat the smores much to his delight.

Day4: Kona Cafe...2 friends joined us here for dinner

Appetizers: 2 sticky wings, 2 pot stickers, 1 crab cakes, 1 kid's chicken noodle soup
Entrees: Beef Teriyaki, Char Crusted Filet, Asian Noodles, kid's
hamburger, prime rib
Desert: Kilauea Tort, Banana Creme Brulee, Cheesecake
My nephew, brother & I really liked the pot stickers, my friends seemed to enjoy the wings, although they were very messy. dh ate kid's chicken noodle soup, a very tiny bowl. The filets were just as tender as Le Cellier & my friend said the prime rib was good. MY brother was sorry that he ordered the asian noodles because he ordered it mainly so he could share it with his son who loves lo mein & other chinese food but didnt like the noodles at Kona. He probably would have liked the shrimp much better. The kid's hamburger was just a hamburger no veggies. I was looking forward to the Macadamia nut Tart but they didnt have it. I was too full for desert but my nephew had no trouble eating a chocolate torte.

Day 5: Raglan Road...we had 8:10 adr for WCC but decided we wanted to
eat earlier & go back to Magic Kingdom since they
were open til 10 & we couldnt get earlier
reservations for wcc..It turned out to be a great idea
Appetizers: Smoked Salmon, Seared Beef Salad, Scallops..no kid's
appetizers
Entrees: 3 fish & chips, 1 sauteed lemon sole
Desert: Bread & Butter Pudding, chocolate cake, dunbrody kiss

This was a Fabulous meal! The appetizers were all terrific. There didnt seem to be any difference in the adult or kid's portion of fish & chips & my brother was a little sorry that he didnt order the lamb chop blackboard special so he could have shared it with his son's fish & chips. Everything here was so delicious that you just wish you could have tried everything on the menu! The deserts were the best. dh ate the kids ice cream which came with a pitcher of dark chololate hot fudge sauce as good as ghirardelli's, the bread & butter pudding is absolutely sinful. It's hot & comes with 2 pitchers of saouce one creme anglaise & the other butterscotch which is like melted almond rocha centers..my nephew ate the dunbrody kiss... & my brother had the chocolate cake with an orange marmalade like center This was a fabulous last night's meal. I'm so glad we changed our plans to go here instead of WCC

My mouth is watering!! Thanks for sharing how your meals were. I love the Raglan Road review. This was not on our list of places for September, but I am thinking it will be!

What was your favorite of all the places?

Thanks for the reviews. We have eaten at Raglan Road twice now - the first time we loved it, the last tiem was not so great but we''ve read so many great things since we've decided it may have been an off night.

We have ADRs for Kona Cafe in August - looking forward to it.

Thanks for the "yummy" reviews! We ended up having to choose between Raglan Road & Wolfgnag Puck Cafe for our upcoming trip. We went back & forth many times yet finally decided to cancel Ragaln Road. After reading your review, I am now doubting our choice. Aghh!

My mouth is watering!! Thanks for sharing how your meals were. I love the Raglan Road review. This was not on our list of places for September, but I am thinking it will be!

What was your favorite of all the places?

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd have to give the edge to Raglan Road. I absolutely loved the lemon sole. I was surprised that everyone else got the fish & chips especially since you can get the same thing next door at Cookes for half the price or use a cs meal but I think they all had gotten steak every other night & were "meated out" & ds got the steak salad appetizer which was about half of a sliced strip steak & he absolutely loved it. They had a lot of meat choices & one of the specials that night was a double cut lamb chop so if your group doesnt like fish there are a lot of other choices. Everyone around us seemed to be enjoying their meals as well & the desserts & appetizers were the best we had all week.

Thanks for the "yummy" reviews! We ended up having to choose between Raglan Road & Wolfgnag Puck Cafe for our upcoming trip. We went back & forth many times yet finally decided to cancel Ragaln Road. After reading your review, I am now doubting our choice. Aghh!

I would choose Raglan Road over Wolfgang Puck's but it really depends on what you're looking for. I was disappointed at Wolfgang's & the service was not good. We never got any bread & it took a long time for them to bring the cheese for the spaghetti & meatballs. The flourless cake was so thick that it was impossible to eat more than a spoonful. Even though the deserts at Raglan Road were very rich we still managed to eat most of them...really delish.

Raglan Road has entertainment but it doesnt start til 9 & we were gone by 7 so cant comment but I think they have Irish dancers as well as a band.

at WPC - since there are no children's appetizers do they not get one? (on DDP)

That's right. Unless you want to order one off the adult menu. That's why we ordered the barbecued chicken quesadilla so we could share it. I really wanted to try another appetizer but we ordered 2 orders of the quesadillas so we could all share. There's no kid's appetizers at Raglan Road either & they even asked us if we wanted them to bring the child's entree with our appetizers or wait til they brought the entrees which prompted him to ask if Irish people thought children were 3rd class citizens:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter