Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Wolfgang Puck Cafe - Tuesday September 5th

The first thing I noticed here, was that I didn't really like the decor. But, we were there for the food, so who really cares? ;) We were seated with a great view of the water and Saratoga Springs.

We started with the Asian Style Vegetable Spring Rolls with plum and Japanese mustard dipping sauce:

DSC00920.jpg

This was very nice. The phyllo was quite yummy, and the sauces to go with it were quite good too. I would get this appetizer again.

Next, I had the Pumpkin Ravioli with brown butter sauce and fried sage, port wine glaze, toasted pine nuts and aged parmesan:

DSC00921.jpg

I thought this dish was good. It was more filling than I expected, but it was as "saucy" as I had hoped. The flavour was quite nice, but I think I would try something else next time.

My Mom had the Asian Hoisin BBQ Ribs with crisp Asian slaw, spicy honey mustard dressing:

DSC00922.jpg

These were amazing! The sauce was very interesting... it was a combination of spicy and sweet. The table beside us ended up ordering this dish too after seeing it! The slaw was quite spicy, and went well with the ribs.

We finished it all off with the Key Lime Pie with a baked meringue in a graham cracker crust:

DSC00923.jpg

And it was GOOD! :lovestruc I really enjoyed this dessert. I would definitely order it again!

Rating: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: (Four nods out of five)

Darn, darn, darn.. I was hoping you were going to say this place sux. :rolleyes1
I have been trying to get an ADR in here for over a week and nothing, nothing, nothing...Waahhhh.. :sad2: :sad2:

Thanx for the pix and review.

Thanks for the review and the pictures! We are eating here for the first time in October and I am really looking forward to it! (Sorry Iluvthemouse -- keep trying. Here's some pixiedust: for you!)

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Iluvthemouse said:
Darn, darn, darn.. I was hoping you were going to say this place sux. :rolleyes1
I have been trying to get an ADR in here for over a week and nothing, nothing, nothing...Waahhhh.. :sad2: :sad2:

Thanx for the pix and review.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Too funny! :wave2: I do the same thing! I didnt get an ADR for Le Cellier and (i know this sounds bad but) I like to hear when it doesnt get a great review because its easier to justify not going if "everyone" hates it.....even though in my head I know none of its true! lol

Oh and BTW, thanks for the review. The ribs and slaw look wonderful!! I think I might make that "my" dish when we go there! :goodvibes

That looks fantastic. Is this the upstairs dining room? We're going there New Year's Eve and I haven't heard much about it.

My family ate there the end of August and it was the best meal of the entire trip - even beating out Le Cellier! :banana:

Quinn222 said:
That looks fantastic. Is this the upstairs dining room? We're going there New Year's Eve and I haven't heard much about it.

No, this was the cafe downstairs. We were on the dining plan, and the upstairs isn't part of that. It's an excellent value for 1 TS!

WPC is my families favorite DTD restaurant. The atmosphere is not the best, and the acoustics are horrendous, but we have always had excellent food and service. The menu is huge and varied too. We will be dining here again, after Cirque, in 1/07.

I have had the pumpkin ravioli with brown butter and port wine glaze, and can recommend it. The butternut squash soup is also good, as are the wood-fired pizzas. The desserts are wonderful, and not to be missed. I can highly recommend the chocolate fondue, which is served with cinnamon cake cubes, brownies, homemade marshmallows and strawberries. I love that they have the dessert station right in the middle of the restaurant, as it's fun to watch them make all of those sweet concoctions!

Thank you! We're looking forward to this restaurant. The counter service is quite good so it'd be great to be able to experience it as a table service.

We ate at the cafe on Thanksgiving and loved it as well. Menu is very interesting but there's something for everyone. Dishes tasted as good as they looked. We will definitely eat here again next time we're in Disney and I'd recommend it to anyone. Kids menu is good too.

Thanks for the review and pics. That was my exact meal a few years ago-the egg rolls and pumpkin ravioli. Too funny! :teeth: We're planning to go back next month and I can't wait! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter