Wolfgang Puck Cafe Terrible

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's terrible experience. DH and I love the WP Cafe and it is currently on our "definitely go" list for each trip. In fact, I'm on hold right now waiting to make an ADR for WP Cafe for the last day of our December trip. We've had dinner there twice and had great servers each time. I love the macadamia nut crusted chicken -- and ordered it both times! I can't remember what DH ordered each time but I know he enjoyed each meal. It sounds like the place is really hit or miss, depending in larger part on the server (I'm thinking). I am going to keep my fingers crossed that our next meal there is just as great was our prior two meals.

I kept the ressies at the cafe and our late lunch there was nice. We ordered apps...I got the tuna tar tar and it was the best thing I have eaten...dh and I shared it, it was huge. Dad ordered the crab cakes and loved them. For I ordered the macadamia nut crusted chicken which was just OK, it lacked flavor. My mom got the wrong pasta dish but LOVED it and hubby had the salmon and raved about that. My dad liked the beef dish. Desserts were good, but frozen. Overall I'd give it a B-. The quick walk to Cirque made it the best choice since my mom is in a wheelchair.

We had one of the worst dining experiences at Wolfgang Puck cafe 2 years ago, HORRIBLE FOOD, HORRIBLE SERVICE! The express restaurant however, is fantastic. Fantastic food, even better service! It makes no sense. At any rate we will never eat at the Cafe again.

Wow! Solid negative reviews on the cafe..

DH & I ate last year at Express.. We loved it. I would eat there every day if I could.

didnt realize there was two. Is there a big difference in the food?

IMO, yes. The food at the Cafe is way over priced. You can use CS credits at the express restaurant. That is actually one of the best uses for a CS credit, I think, anywhere! I am waiting for them to catch on they're giving too good a value away and take express off the dining plan. The entrees we have tried at the cafe were terrible. not bad, terrible. We sent ours back and asked for kids pizzas to go instead.

Which princesses did they see at Akershus?

The Princess at the door was Belle in her yellow dress, there was Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Mary Poppins (not a princess, who knows why she was there) and I can't remember from their pictures there was someone else....I will get back with that one when I call them later.

They loved the food and experience, said it was fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter