Wolfgang Puck Cafe Terrible

Tinkfan10

Mouseketeer
I have posted in Theme Parks page a complete report of my family's report "Almost Live" To recap it is my mom and dad, 2 sisters, and their children ages 4, 10, 13.

Tonight they asked that I go into detail about their horrible experience, which happened to be their last night, at WGP Cafe. They chose this restaurant because my mom has always wanted to eat there, it was on the Deluxe meal plan, and they had a 6pm for Cirque.
This is their message: DO NOT EAT AT WOLFGANG PUCK CAFE!!!!! The bad thing is that it is not even owned by Wolfgang Puck...he sold it and only has to come 2-4 times a year but really has no say or care about it. The server was terrible who didn't care at all because he knew with a party of 6 he was guaranteed his 18% tip:furious: , the food well:
My mom got the wrong pizza, plain cheese not the special one she ordered :(
My sister had alfredo that was curdled :sick:
My dad's steak and potatoes were cold :worried:
The desserts are not made there and were heavy from being frozen, mom said the key lime pie which should be light and airy was dense and so heavy that she couldn't get past the first bite.
Kids meals are simple and pizza is pizza to them.
I asked why they didn't complain and they said what would they have done we were on the meal plan so a free meal doesn't do any good and they had to get to Cirque so the time was not there either. It is just sad b/c this was their last night :eek:
Their wish was to report the story here so you all know that it is not a place to go to, that they felt was how they were getting back so to speak.

If interested this is the list of other places they ate at let me know if you need details....in my original report I just said if it was good/bad.

San Angel Inn (Lunch)
POFQ food court (Breakfast and lunches)
La Cellar (Dinner)
Norway Princess Breakfast
Italy (Lunch)
Kona (Dinner)
Tusker House (Character Breakfast)
Planet Hollywood (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Tony's (Lunch)
Chef Micky's (Dinner)
Jiko (Dinner)
Hollywood and Vine (Breakfast)
Sci Fi (Lunch)
Brown Derby (Dinner)
Narcoossee's (Dinner)

Ask away.:listen:

DO NOT EAT AT WOLFGANG PUCK CAFE!!!!! The bad thing is that it is not even owned by Wolfgang Puck...he sold it and only has to come 2-4 times a year but really has no say or care about it.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at Wolfgang Puck Cafe :( However, Wolfgang Puck has literally dozens of restaurants and the Cafe in Orlando is still owned by his company. He was never the "chef" there. The case with all "Wolfgang Puck Cafe" and "Wolfgang Puck Express" is that Chef Puck visits on occasion but never actually cooks there. In fact, you'll seldom find him cooking even in his LA eateries such as Spago. Getting a meal made by Wolfgang Puck himself is a very hard thing to do.

http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/cafe/

Sorry their experience was less than stellar, but I really liked Wolfgang Puck when we ate there so I hope they just experienced an off night.

Wow- that sounds awful....hoping it was just a bad night!! This is on our "not to be missed" list- I would even go there 2x per trip.

Haven't had one complaint....yet.

We're staying at POFQ for the first time so I'd like the scoop on how the food court was please!:goodvibes

We're staying at POFQ for the first time so I'd like the scoop on how the food court was please!:goodvibes

They loved the resort and were in building 5, very close to the food court. At breakfast there was a large variety and my sister loved her mickey waffle with fruit on top. For my mom she just could not get enough of the Beignets ::yes:: you get 6 for a snack credit on the dining plan, a great deal:hyper: My sister said the sandwiches were great as were the quesadillas. Have fun you will love it there. Riverside's food court is nice as well, they ate lunch over there once and everyone loved what they got....however they didn't all tell me in detail what each person had there, they just said they enjoyed it.

Hope this helps:)

They loved the resort and were in building 5, very close to the food court. At breakfast there was a large variety and my sister loved her mickey waffle with fruit on top. For my mom she just could not get enough of the Beignets ::yes:: you get 6 for a snack credit on the dining plan, a great deal:hyper: My sister said the sandwiches were great as were the quesadillas. Have fun you will love it there. Riverside's food court is nice as well, they ate lunch over there once and everyone loved what they got....however they didn't all tell me in detail what each person had there, they just said they enjoyed it.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks a bunch, can't wait!:thumbsup2

Wasn't impressed at all by the Cafe myself, yet I love love love the Express one!

This is what I am worried about, we love the Express but have read alot of bad reviews about the Cafe...maybe I should switch ressies to something else

Go to the rest. reviews on the front of this site (not the boards here) they slam Wolfgang Puck Cafe too.......way overpriced.....terrible service..... Its one of those places people want to brag they have been too.....
We did express once, I was not impressed.......never been back.......
I wont waste my time or money!!!

I also agree with OP. They used to have great Mac & cheese.::yes:: The last time we went it was dry and crusty. Wolfgang should be ashamed-even it he doesn't own the place his name is still on it. This is one place I do not need to go to on my next visit. The mac & cheese at Epcot was much better.

I'm a fan of the Express, but not the Cafe. Our food was cold, the waitress was on the rude side and the desserts were nothing to write about either. DH didn't like it either and we were looking forward to it. Oh well..live and learn. I'm sorry your parents didn't like it either.

Just noticed you added Narcoossee's........details please!:hyper:

They LOVED IT! It was so nice eating on the water even the kids did okay, the 4 year old had a nap earlier in the day so she was perfect:). My dad, sister, and 13 year old niece all got the Serf and Turf. The steak had a mushroom sauce that my dad really enjoyed. My niece loves lobster but she didn't like this one because it was poached which was new to her; she was the only one not impressed but then again she is 13 and like most teenagers can't be pleased:lmao: My mom got the full lobster and thought it was fantastic:woohoo:
My other sister who is the picky eater of the family got a filet and said it was good. The desserts were fabulous they were scraping their plates. I hope this helps they recommend it highly. :hyper:

They LOVED IT! It was so nice eating on the water even the kids did okay, the 4 year old had a nap earlier in the day so she was perfect:). My dad, sister, and 13 year old niece all got the Serf and Turf. The steak had a mushroom sauce that my dad really enjoyed. My niece loves lobster but she didn't like this one because it was poached which was new to her; she was the only one not impressed but then again she is 13 and like most teenagers can't be pleased:lmao: My mom got the full lobster and thought it was fantastic:woohoo:
My other sister who is the picky eater of the family got a filet and said it was good. The desserts were fabulous they were scraping their plates. I hope this helps they recommend it highly. :hyper:

Thanks, we've already booked it and are really excited about it!:thumbsup2

Like your parents we have tickets for the 6pm Cirque Du Soleil and I originally made ressies at Rainforest Cafe...then read reviews that said it was awful and I cancelled those and made ressies at Wolfgang Pucks...we leave in 9 days and I can't keep changing things so I think I will just PRAY that we have a better experience. We are also a party of 6 so the 18% gratuity thing worries me too. I will keep my fingers crossed:cutie:

Go to the Express instead!!!!!!! He still owns the express and it gets great reviews, I have heard it is wonderful, if you want the experience go there before the show, after what my parents and others have gone through I am not going to the Cafe anytime in the future.

I have read good reviews about the express vs the cafe. We were hoping to do a more formal dinner but I would rather be happy with the service, food etc. Thanks for the suggestion...we leave in 8 days so I have to make a final decesion fast or we won't have anyplace to eat::MinnieMo

the Express and the Cafe. Showed up for our ADR's at the Cafe last year with an extra person (DD's friend on the College Program spent the day with us) They accomodated us with no problem during the very busy Free dining time period. Our waiter was gracious and efficient. DD's friend was picky and he got her order exactly right. I paid OOP for her & he gave her a dessert for free. Food was fabulous. We also loved the Express and it will be our first stop on our trip in Sept.

Don't change your ADR. WPC is wonderful!!!

Hasd a good server had the cafe ourselves but were not impressed at all. We all (4 of us Total) ordered different items and desserts off the menu and none of us were thrilled with any of it. Prob won't go back.

On the other hand the express we ate at twice and loved it. One of the best CS we had the entire trip. Kids are already asking if we can eat there again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter