Wolfgang Puck Cafe review, sorry no pictures

CJ

DIS Veteran
We were a group of four adults, three on the DDP. Ate dinner on Saturday August 23, had an adr for 7:30pm and we were seated at around 7:50. This wasn't bad, because our actual adr was for 3 people and DD 22's friend was a last minute addition. Also, we requested a booth so that added a little wait time as well. There is no area to wait other than the entrance which is strange. I actually found the same thing at Raglan Road...... a lounge area where you could order a pre-meal drink would be a godsend! ;)

This is quite a noisy place..... definitely not fine dining in that regard. So be warned, and it is also family friendly as well. Lots of children.

We each ordered a cocktail, and all 4 were excellent. A bottle of Pinot Noir for the 4 of us was also very good. As an appetizer we shared the Artichoke and Five Cheese Dip - California artichokes with mascarpone, fontina with crispy flat bread $11.95 This was very good and just enough for the four of us!

For entrees, we each chose a different thing. I had the Chilean Salmon - Center cut filet of salmon, pan roasted with saffron whipped potatoes, asparagus and basil buter sauce $26.95 and it was wonderful!! :cloud9: I am a huge salmon fan and this really was good and the potatoes were awesome!

DH had Original Veal Wienerschnitzel - With warm potato salad and baby greens $27.95 which was HUGE !!! But it seemed overcooked. I make a very good version, and DH said that this was nowhere near as good.:sad2: He liked the potato salad that came with it, but it was cold which surprised me!

DD 22 had Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Truffle Butter - A great 10 oz flat iron steak with wild mushroom hash, truffle butter and crisp onion straws $28.95 She said it was very good, not Le Cellier filet good, but good!;)

DD's friend had Macadamia Nut Crusted Breast of Chicken - Panko and macadamia nut crusted boneless breast of chicken, sho-yo cream, spice and garlic mashed potatoes $24.95 Again, he loved it!!

All of the entrees were VERY BIG! We had all shared just one appetizer and we were all stuffed after our entrees!! But the DDP includes dessert, so.....

Our dessert menu was different than the one that is listed on allears.... I had the "Light" option......:lmao: :laughing: which turned out to be similar to a mixed berry crumble with cinnamon gelato. Our server explained that it was light because it was sugar-free..... Well it looked and tasted just like PIE! I ate the gelato and the berries and left the crust. It was good, but so not what I would consider light!

DD & her friend shared White Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake - With raspberry coulis and white chocolate shavings 7.95 Between the two of them they couldn't finish it!:eek: But they loved it!

DH had Classic Carrot Cake - Homemade cream cheese icing with candied pecans 7.95 He loved this as well!! The pecans were slightly spicy.

This turned out to be a very very good meal!! We never used our DDP beverages (we intended to get some tea, but we too stuffed even for that!)

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter