WL- Whispering Canyon - Birthday ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Wilderness Lodge
Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch (maybe dinner)

Is dinner better than lunch ?

Do they do anything special for birthdays ?
It will be my DD 11th - she calls it her double-digit birthday. :cake:

She would not mind being the center if attention (she is not shy).
Would the servers make us, DH, DW & DS sing Happy Birthday to her in front if the whole restaurant ? Would the servers sing to her ? Would she be the lead person in the pony parade ? :flower3:

Also - wooden nickles at the WL - where do you get them ?

They made my SIL and nephew (both adults) ride the Pony Express around the dining room, waving their napkins. I was the one that told of them, but fully expected they'd just get sung to! It was rather funny .... :rotfl2:

I've seen a lot of funny birthday antics at WCC. I've seen a group of teenaged girls stand up and sing 'I'm a Little Teapot' and I've seen a middle-aged mom ride around the restaurant (by herself!) on a stick pony while everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' to her.

The funniest thing I've seen there happened to a little boy who was about 8 or 9 years old: a group of servers brought him a really, really big piece of delicious-looking birthday cake, they set it down in front of him and all started singing Happy Birthday (very loudly and horrendously tunelessly, I might add...soooo funny!). Right as they were finishing the song, they each grabbed chunks of cake with their hands and started gobbling it. The look on the boy's face was priceless! (They did bring him out another piece of cake.)

I think that dinner is usually more rowdy (fun) than lunch, but that might just have to do with our timing. We usually eat lunch later, so the couple of lunches we've had there have been a bit tame compared to the dinners and breakfasts we've experienced.

Happy birthday to your daughter! She's in for a great time. (My DD will be 11 this year, too. Just a couple of years away from being teen-aged, argh! It's so nice to be able to go to WDW and have time stop for a few days, isn't it?!)

My DW had to ride the stick pony around the room singing Happy Birthday to my 5 year old DS. :rotfl: :rotfl2: Everybody in the room were twirling their napkins above their head.

Then the server had my 5 year old DS stand in a chair and everybody sang Happy Birthday to him. I think they brought him out a cupcake with a candle on it as well.

Thanks to everyone who replied. My DD loved reading them.
We will eat at the Whispering Canyon Cafe on her birthday.
She'll wear her birthday button and hopes the server will notice. :cake:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter