WL View

jennibug

Dreaming of WDW...again...
Hi All,

Because of some wonderfully planning or pure dumb luck on my part, we were able to book WL for the first time. We are currently booked for a standard room but I was thinking of changing the view. One of my kids has a bedwetting problem so I am thinking about going for the bunk beds (and yes we protect the mattress) but I'm not sure if paying so much more for the courtyard view is worth it or to just stick with the woods view.

Does anyone have an opinion that can help me?

the courtyard view is beautifully. that say if you intend to spend most of your time at the parks - go with the woods view.

if you can get a high floor woods view you might see some of the fireworks.

Just a question...you said standard, then asked about courtyard and then said stay with woods view.....Those are 3 different views.

The bunk bed rooms are significantly more expensive. So I would do the woods view and ask for a high floor in the north wing.

Brian

IMG_1067-1.jpg

wlpool2_1072.jpg

Courtyard all the way at my favorite hotel

:love:WL!! We've had courtyard views of the main pool in the north wing, and views of the Villas pool in the south wing. both have been nice. I have heard the woods view is beautiful too, and quiet.

Just a question...you said standard, then asked about courtyard and then said stay with woods view.....Those are 3 different views.

Bunk beds are only offered at the Woods and Courtyard views. I was basically asking if upgrading all the way to Courtyard is worth it about $600-700 more. We have the standard view right now and I and thinking of changing it. I am aware they are 3 different views. That's why I am asking.

To everyone else THANK YOU! We will be sticking with the woods view. We might be able to squeeze in another night or two if we do that.

I had booked a woods view on my last visit and got upgraded to courtyard view. :banana: It was really beautiful! I loved sitting on the balcony and watching the geyser and the Electrical water parade at night. We were lucky enough to have a room facing in the direction of the MK fireworks. I loved seeing the fireworks every night from my room since most nights my kids were in bed by then.

I will only be booking courtyard views for all my future WL stays. I say go for it!

I have a CY view booked for Jan...last time we stayed I had this view as well..(once you have it, its tough not to want it again! But thats just me...maybe...lol)

I enjoyed leaving the balcony door open just a crack and night and hearing the waterfall...not so much the kids in the pool after midnight.....but who cares....they were having fun! :)

Bunk beds are only offered at the Woods and Courtyard views. I was basically asking if upgrading all the way to Courtyard is worth it about $600-700 more. We have the standard view right now and I and thinking of changing it. I am aware they are 3 different views. That's why I am asking.

To everyone else THANK YOU! We will be sticking with the woods view. We might be able to squeeze in another night or two if we do that.

To get another 2 nights, for sure I'd stick with woods view!!! :goodvibes
I'd request north wing. I hear a lot of wild life hangs out there, there's an otter pond, people have reported seeing armadillos too.

WL is one of our fav places!

To get another 2 nights, for sure I'd stick with woods view!!! :goodvibes
I'd request north wing. I hear a lot of wild life hangs out there, there's an otter pond, people have reported seeing armadillos too.

WL is one of our fav places!

Sue M is:thumbsup2 For a longer stay...I would change the view!!

Hello all -

can anyone tell me the difference between standard and woods view? I have been there twice and I can't recall what I had!!! Except I know it wasn't courtyard. And whatever it was, it was fine.

First time we walked through lobby and went left (i.e. Roaring Forks side) up elevator and walked down long hall which would be towards the dock with boats to MK and the room was on the left. I think there was a pond of some sort out there and definetly woods. So I guess that is North Building, on the non-courtyard side. I am thinking this must be Woods view?

Next time we went right after lobby and took elevator up and walked down hallway and room was on right and looked out over the Villas. I an thinking this is standard?

Thanks for any info! :thumbsup2

Believe it or not, they are both considered a woods view. Standard view rooms are only in two places, the north wing directly over the loading dock, and the 4th floor right over the check-in desk, because the roof from the bus terminal blocks most of the view. So both are not overly pleasant, but if you are just sleeping there then they are fine.

Brian

Hello all -

can anyone tell me the difference between standard and woods view? I have been there twice and I can't recall what I had!!! Except I know it wasn't courtyard. And whatever it was, it was fine.

First time we walked through lobby and went left (i.e. Roaring Forks side) up elevator and walked down long hall which would be towards the dock with boats to MK and the room was on the left. I think there was a pond of some sort out there and definetly woods. So I guess that is North Building, on the non-courtyard side. I am thinking this must be Woods view?

Next time we went right after lobby and took elevator up and walked down hallway and room was on right and looked out over the Villas. I an thinking this is standard?

Thanks for any info! :thumbsup2

Never thought I'd say this, but for a substantial savings I would take the woods view. First time at WL, we had a courtyard view. Loved it - we looked over the "babbling brook" area. Next trip, booked courtyard again. But we were upgraded to CL with a woods view, looking toward VWL through some trees. At first I was a tad disappointed with view (but it was CL so I could suck it up :)) but discovered it felt like being in a treehouse - peaceful and lovely. Don't know if I would pay the difference for a CY view if we go back.

Are there any advantages requesting the North or South wing At WL. We have a inner courtyard with bunk beds booked and thought it may be helpful to know at check in. We love beautiful views when we are on vacation.I know to some it may not matter because most of the time you are running, but it sure would be a nice extra to have. Any ideas? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter