WL Upgrade!

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
I won!! I won my argument! Next August, my husband finally agreed to upgrade our room from POR to WL! His words were, "Well if the TA says it's better then let's do it."

We have a standard room and I now see that most of the standard rooms have a MK view. Is this true? What floor should we request?

Any other things that we should do at the WL? Thanks so much! I'm so excited!

I won!! I won my argument! Next August, my husband finally agreed to upgrade our room from POR to WL! His words were, "Well if the TA says it's better then let's do it."

We have a standard room and I now see that most of the standard rooms have a MK view. Is this true? What floor should we request?

Join us over at the Wilderness Lodge facts thread. You can find answers to all your questions there. :)

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...las-information-and-questions-thread.3372315/

when you get there, sign up to go up and raise the flag, if it is possible during construction. We had a lot of fun doing this

Highest floor, 5 or 6 specifically. Others may have a view but those are almost assured to.
I just hope that come August they haven't wised up and started a TPV category for rooms.
I expect eventually they will figure it out, though probably not till after all construction is done.

Last edited:
Just an FYI, the balconies on the sixth floor are enclosed so you cannot sit and watch the fireworks. I referred to it as being "in" a dumpster. If you have a choice, don't take the sixth floor.

Just an FYI, the balconies on the sixth floor are enclosed so you cannot sit and watch the fireworks. I referred to it as being "in" a dumpster. If you have a choice, don't take the sixth floor.

I have no idea, what you're talking about, but we have a 6th floor balcony and can sit and watch the fireworks with no problem...

CumfTcp.jpg

I took those sitting down, so I'm confused by your statement.

Our balcony was a solid wooden, enclosed one with a green roof that tilted down like a half open lid on a dumpster. At my height, I could not comfortably sit and see over the ledge so had to stand to see the fireworks over the castle. I believe on other floors the balcony was more of an open wrought iron type where you could see through it.
Our room was on the sixth floor facing the scummy water they call the otter pond.

I have no idea, what you're talking about, but we have a 6th floor balcony and can sit and watch the fireworks with no problem...

CumfTcp.jpg

I took those sitting down, so I'm confused by your statement.
If you don't mind sharing, do you remember what the room number this view was from?

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing the room number you had? I wonder if it is because that room had a dormer balcony?

I'm sorry I don't remember the room number but yes, a dormer balcony. The green roof of the lodge extended over our balcony like an awning. As I said we were on the 6th floor facing MK and above the otter pond.

Thanks so much - yes, after looking at the property description carefully, most of the 6th floor and even 7th floor rooms have a dormer balcony which when you look closely at it, is very closed in much like a dumpster vs the more open patio looking balconies. I really appreciate the info as we are going in March 2017 and would have requested a high floor facing the courtyard. All of those 6th floor rooms have the dormer balconies and they do indeed look like a "dumpster",

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter