WL or Beach Club for 12/27-1/03

ccarter

Earning My Ears
We have decided to upgrade to Deluxe and are trying to decide between these 2 resorts. It will be me, my daughter, and 2 granddaughters (2 and 6). We will be using Disney transportation only as we are not renting a car. Which resort and why, please!

We have decided to upgrade to Deluxe and are trying to decide between these 2 resorts. It will be me, my daughter, and 2 granddaughters (2 and 6). We will be using Disney transportation only as we are not renting a car. Which resort and why, please!

My choice would be the WL for the amazing atmosphere. All of the resorts are beautifully decorated during the holidays, but the WL is gorgeous and has more of a relaxed/homey feel (IMO) the minute you walk into the lobby. The decorations are not only beautiful, but the huge fireplace in the center of the lobby is very inviting as it's surrounded by rocking chairs, which makes for a great place to sit and take in the surroundings. The BC is a nice resort and is also very nicely decorated, but we prefer the atmosphere of the WL, as well as being close to MK. With all of that said, you really can't go wrong with either resort as they are both great places to stay, but the WL is my favorite during the holidays.

I'm going against the grain on this one... I'd pick BC.
When Christmas is over, it's over for me. Tree comes down, decorations go back into storage... BC will be decorated too I know, but if the parks get too much for you, you'll have the pretty amazing Stormalong Bay pool to play in. (yay for heated pools!)

At Christmas time I would stay away from BC. Since you will not have a rental car and are relying on Disney buses. Not to mention the fact that the buses for BC also go to the YC, Swan and Dolphin, you will be faced with very crowded buses because its X-mas, long commute times since the bus has to stop at the other resorts.

I would stay at WL.

WL is AMAZING during the Holidays. I love BC but WL for the decorations alone is my fave!:goodvibes

Thanks for the input everyone! We have chosen WL. We were really having a tough time making the decision but in the end it came down to we didn't feel we would have enough time to spend at the pool (assuming the weather cooperated which we couldn't control) to justify the higher cost of BC. As part of our whirlwind day of which one are we going to pick, we did consider moving our departure day up by 2 days so that we would have the time but then the price for BC really got insane, especially when you added in the fare increase we would have been facing! So we have stayed with our original days/flights but upgraded from POR to WL and I am super excited! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter