WL or BC

marisas1011

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for 11/25-11/30 and I need help deciding on a resort. I've stayed at the Beach Club before and loved it but the Wilderness Lodge is significantly less. Help an indecisive person decide :O)

Thanks in advance

BC you can walk to Epcot.

WL - you need to take a boat or bus to the MK.

so where are you spending the most of your time Epcot or DHS then BC, MK then WL.

We are huge fans of WL --love the lobby with the fireplace and rocking chairs (for us, it is a more inviting lobby than BC)..watercraft takes you to MK or Contemporary where you can jump on the monorail..also takes you to Ft. Wilderness. WL has a nice pool and Geyser Point is great. BC is a wonderful resort too -that said, maybe try something new and save a little in the process!

I've stayed at WL once and only walked around BC but I say try WL! Pretty lobby, nice places to relax around the resort, close to MK, plus you save money! That said, BC is also very pretty and I do want to stay there some day :scratchin

We are planning a trip for 11/25-11/30 and I need help deciding on a resort. I've stayed at the Beach Club before and loved it but the Wilderness Lodge is significantly less. Help an indecisive person decide :O)

Thanks in advance
These are our two favorite resorts. We like to stay at the WL in the colder winter weather and the BC when it is warmer out. It is very easy to get to MK from the WL, but the park buses aren't too bad from this resort. When we stayed at the WL in March the morning park buses went straight to the parks. They didn't share with another resort. The rest of the day the buses to AK, DHS and Disney Springs shared with the Contemporary. The Epcot bus stopped at Fort Wilderness. But all of the buses made WL the first stop on the return trip.

We really like the WL. Their new restaurant, Geyser Point, is a great place to hang out. It is open air and sits on the shore of Bay Lake. The new villas pool will be open by November. Since you already know what BC is like, then I would give the WL a try. :)

Thanks in advance

We stayed several days at WL right after Thanksgiving last year, so similar dates as you. We really enjoyed "getting into the holiday spirit" at WL with the holiday decorations and got some great holiday card family photos! It "felt" like the right resort for the season.

We also chose WL because we were going to a MVMCP during our stay. Taking the boat to MK is very convenient and fun way to get to/from the party.

BC is fun too and I like the holiday stuff at Epcot a lot, but for that time of year I think I'd go WL.

Have fun! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of WL's theming at all, and while I find the lobby pretty, it's not a place I'd want to spend my vacation seeing everyday.

That said, I'd recommend you stay at WL to experience a new resort (which I think everyone should do at some point) and to save money. If the theme isn't your thing or if you'll be spending most of your time at Epcot, I'd recommend staying at BC, which you already like...but if you like the theme at WL and will be going to MK for a day or two, go for WL.

Last edited:
While I love BC and prefer the EP resort area, WL is absolutely gorgeous! I think it comes down to what you want in your vacation. WL will have smaller rooms, boat to MK, but bus everywhere else. The theming is beautiful and the restaurants and amenities are very nice. If you will be spending the majority of your time at MK, I think WL is a great choice. If you will spend more time in EP/DHS and enjoy the convenience of walking to two parks plus the pool at BC, maybe BC is the way to go. You really can't go wrong with either, IMHO.

We've stayed at both and while the convenience of the Epcot resorts really can't be argued, WL is my favorite resort and as I've never stayed there during the Christmas season, I have to vote you try WL :goodvibes I never thought the theming would appeal to me before staying there but I love everything about it, the boat being one of them. All the restaurants, including the new Geyser Point, are fabulous. It's a very homey, cozy, warm resort :)

I love them both! Add 2 more days and do at split stay 3 nights each. If your time is limited then pick the WL if your focus is MK and BC if you prefer Epcot/DHS. If you are trying to do all parks I'd pick BC as it is close to 2 parks.

Thanks for the input everyone!! I'm being swayed towards WL given the time of year, it's just scary to try something new :scared::) We are pretty much doing equal time at Epcot and MK so I think either location will be fine. Thanks again to you all.

Thanks for the input everyone!! I'm being swayed towards WL given the time of year, it's just scary to try something new :scared::) We are pretty much doing equal time at Epcot and MK so I think either location will be fine. Thanks again to you all.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. We've stayed at both WL and BC and while we had a nice BC stay, WL is our favorite of the two (especially during the holidays). It is sometimes scary to try a new resort (especially if you have a favorite that you stay at all the time), but if the WL appeals to you, I think it's worth a try. Good luck! :wizard:

This was my choices too.. but I picked WL because it was cheaper... Couldn't pay that much even tho I wanted to try out the pool.... Maybe next time.....

You could always do a split stay. Start out at WL and end at BC. That way, if you aren't super crazy about WL, you know you will only have a couple of nights there.

We enjoy doing split stays. We usually try to stay part of the trip by MK and then the rest of the trip by EP/HS.

Have a great trip!

We have stayed at both. That is Christmas season and WL is beautiful at Christmas. Plus, December you may or may not have swimming weather, so the BC pool area would not influence my opinion. For those dates, we would hands down pick WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter