WL or AKL Jambo House...which would you pick?

DisneyDreamers3

Mouseketeer
In looking at PH rates for the end of July, we could stay one night at either WL (standard room) for $244/night or AKL Jambo House (value studio) for $236/night. We've visited both properties but have never stayed. We have a 3 year old little guy who loves the swimming pool and play ground :)

Which resort would you pick and why?

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mother's and mother's to be out there!!!

Will you be spending the day at the resort or at a park?

You can easily fill a day at either - at WL you can boat over to FW for their playground and to see the horses, at AKL I think your son would love the water playground at Kidani.

I'm thinking WL because of the non-pool options at FW if you get bored with the pool or too much sun.

I would probably do AKL for one night. As of now, the playground is closed at WL. With AKL, you will get two great pools and a cute splash pad, plus the animal viewings.

With a 3yo I would stay at WL due to the theming, size of the resort (compact and not nearly as sprawling as AK), and proximity to MK and easy access to monorail resorts and FW. The playground may be closed at WL but take the boat to FW and play there. They even have pony rides at FW.

I would say WL as well. I love both resorts, but I think for only one day I would choose WL.

AKL....so much to do at the resort....animal viewing, stories around fire pit, smores at fire pit, virtual safari, movies by the pool, the pool is better than WL (in my opinion). I'm probably biased too since AKL is my favorite resort.

Visited WL to go to Geyser Point about a week ago and the Copper Creek Construction was really noisy as was some unexpected fire alarms in the main building that lasted at least 20 minutes and was still going on when we left. We also visited AKL both Kidani and Jambo and they were quiet as usual. I also am from an area very close to a lot of the same theming so it didnt feel like vacation for me.

I personally will always pick AKL over WL even given how far away it is from everything.

AKL ! we are taking DD 2 there this year- I have stayed there prior and I really don't get the complaints - it didn't take more than a 15 minute bus ride to Magic Kingdom and that's the farthest park- it doesn't seem THAT spread out- some of the complaints of distance and being spread out aren't justified- It has great views and animals everywhere - WL is nice and it's close to MK but the transportation is shared with other resorts and construction is still going on. It was a few minute walk from the lobby (end of the hallway) to the room but if you're capable of walking the parks you can manage it.

With a 3 year old ? AKL for sure. Great, secluded zero entry pool, lots of activities for kids (coloring, story time, smores), an absolutely fascinating resort full of details and colors all kids love and - best of all - THE ANIMALS ! Kids are fascinated looking at the animals all day long. I only wish it had been around when my kids were that age - I could see my oldest son spending hours at the Flamingo pond, just starting at the birds.

In looking at PH rates for the end of July, we could stay one night at either WL (standard room) for $244/night or AKL Jambo House (value studio) for $236/night. We've visited both properties but have never stayed. We have a 3 year old little guy who loves the swimming pool and play ground :)

Which resort would you pick and why?

Another vote for AKL! I love them both, but for one night with a little one AKL would be wonderful. We just got back from a split stay at both and my kids were bonkers for AKL. I just asked them this morning which pool they preferred and they quickly said AKL, though they liked WL, too. The animals just blew our minds. It's a tough choice but you can't go wrong! Have a wonderful trip!

Another vote for AKL...so many activities and so close to the Animal Kingdom park! It is the only resort my kids beg to go back to every year.

I LOVE WL. It is hands down my favorite resort but with the construction I would stay at the AKL! Its our second favorite resort. My boys loved the drum lessons in the afternoon and the gift shop...I have a wooden giraffe in my office to prove it!! Have a great trip!

We LOVE WL, but with construction, I would have to say go with AKL. Fortunately, we LOVE AKL just as much!!!!:)

No way to lose - both resorts are awesome!!

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter