WL laundry

naomi78155

SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!
Is there laundry service other than coin operated? Does anyone know the cost? How much are the coin operated washer/dryers and have you left your clothing unattended?

I am just trying to keep our luggage under the 50 pound weight limit :laundy:

Thanks!

There is a laundry room on the first floor just down the hall from the Roaring Forks across from the elevators. It is 2.00 per load to wash or dry. I left it unattended and went back in about 45 minutes to take it out. There is a laundry service, but I don't know the cost. I know it was more than my budget could allow. Many people leave the laundry unattended and are not prompt about turning it or removing it. I found it easist to do one load each night rather than wasting an entire afternoon mid trip to do it all at once as it was impossible to find more than one washer empty at a time. I think there are only 5 or 6 washers. HTH Have an awesome trip!

Don't forget the $1 if you need to buy Tide.

I just hung mine on my balcony and over the shower to dry so I could save the $2.

I did one or two loads mid week when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. I think I was the only one doing wash but we went in January. I did find it very helpful when I dryed the clothes to split it up into two dryers or it took a long time. If you only do small loads then you should be fine for the dryers. While I did the wash the kids went swimming with my husband and I watched and then checked on the laundry. Also, grabbed a glass of wine while waiting. Have a great time.

We did a couple of loads of laundry while we were there last August. We had stopped at a store before we checked in to buy laundry soap. I don't remember what time we put the clothes in but it was busy...when we went in to the laudnry room all the dryers were going and all but three of the washers were in use (either washing or had clothes waiting to be put into the dryer).

We put the clothes in before the kids got up for the day and then while they were drying we grabbed a bite to eat before heading out for the day.

There is a laundry service that you can send your clothing out to, but it is pretty high. I usually send a couple of pieces, if I use them - for instance, if we take a pair of jeans and don't want to wash one pair alone.

Here is the price list for laundry(there is a separate price list for dry cleaning):

hankies/undershirts/bras/socks(pr.)/undershorts/panties - $2
shirts/blouses - $5.50
t-shirts/slips - $4.50
Tennis shorts/knit shirt - $5.00
nightgowns/PJs - $6.00
pants - $6.50
sweatsuit - $7.50

I did one or two loads mid week when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. I think I was the only one doing wash but we went in January. I did find it very helpful when I dryed the clothes to split it up into two dryers or it took a long time. If you only do small loads then you should be fine for the dryers. While I did the wash the kids went swimming with my husband and I watched and then checked on the laundry. Also, grabbed a glass of wine while waiting. Have a great time.

Thanks for the great info and tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter