With Loophole Closed are 4th and 5th FP's Easier to Get on Desired Rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, Lines App from Touring Plans has a section where you can see the Fastpass Availability in real time. I think you need a subscription for it. I thought it was pretty helpful and saved me time searching if I could see a certain FP was gone for the day. Might be worth scanning before your trip to get an idea of when things run out

Not really supported by date, but my cousin just get back a week ago and reported that he was able to get pretty decent 4th & 5th FP while at MK. He found 7D, SM, BTM, and SM during three days at MK. Not all on one day that is, but did get to ride 7D seven times during those three days at MK. There were doing rope drop each day, and I believe most of their 3rd FP were close to noon.

His ability to obtain available FP on he Disney App as soon as the 3rd one cleared, seemed to be how he was able to get them. This, for a first timer (since he was a kid). I coached him on some planning and FP as well as I could.

Got it. Uhh...getting it immediately...it really depends on the ride, the day, etc... Sometimes it was super easy. I don't remember exactly, because we did so many of them, but I recall getting Soarin', TT, TSMM fairly easily. Getting the exact time I wanted right away, not so much. However, with limited exception, it didn't take too much refreshing to find the times I wanted too.

Thanks. I don't mind refreshing a few times and the occasional stalking to get exactly what we want. But doing that for every extra FP gets old, fast. And terribly draining on my phone battery. ;)

Yes, they are much more available. Some people don't want to admit it, but its apparent.

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks. I don't mind refreshing a few times and the occasional stalking to get exactly what we want. But doing that for every extra FP gets old, fast. And terribly draining on my phone battery. ;)

Yeah, the phone will drain if you're refreshing a lot. Honestly, I don't know how often we got it for when we want on the first try, because most of the time we were looking for immediate FP+, or certainly within the hour. Usually it only took one or two refreshes, but there were times where it took more. Wasn't a big deal to us, because we would go to a ride with a short standby and I'd mess around with it while there.

On a side note, Lines App from Touring Plans has a section where you can see the Fastpass Availability in real time. I think you need a subscription for it. I thought it was pretty helpful and saved me time searching if I could see a certain FP was gone for the day. Might be worth scanning before your trip to get an idea of when things run out
Not always accurate. Some ride said no more available but I found lots of time slots. And I was looking for party of 2-4.

Back to OP question-it seems some are more available but it is still about getting something close to what you want then modify modify modify. Just today I switched Haunted Mansion multiple times- did one person at a time and got us all separated by 10 min start time. 50 min standby wait.

I bought a fuel rod and boy have I gotten my money out of that!!! Love being able to swap in a park when it was drained m!

The thing is .. we just don't have any data.

We don't know how many people were abusing the "loophole" on a daily basis (my guess is that it was growing month by month as more people begin to find out about it). Say 500 people were abusing it on average per day --- that is 1500 Fast Passes that are now "freed". A good thing. Whether it was 10 people or 1000 people, it helps.

As far as I know - we don't really know how many Fast Passes have available for any given ride any day. Obviously more are available for something like SDMT compared to say Tomorrowland Speedway (just due to the capacity of the ride), but we don't know if there are 500 Fast Passes available for SDMT in a day .. or 1000 or 9000.
Obviously they have some formula, we just don't know it.

We don't know if that changes per day (do they offer less Fast Passes for rides on less crowded days?)

We don't know if more Fast Passes open up (or close up) as a day draws near (or even day of) or if they are just set in stone.

It's completely inaccurate. There's no real way it could know what's available in real time, as it changes literally second to second. Only MDE is accurate. We have the Lines App and we use it strictly for the line times. I've looked at the alleged FP+ availability and it's not even remotely close to right.

No one who has that info will ever share it so ....

I think the real impact is that folks booking in advance now have a better shot at getting good ones that they weren't able to get before with extras being held. And again, those are numbers we will never see and not even be able to appreciate, unless you are one who booked later and still got the top ones you wanted.

Went a few weeks ago, 2 busy days in MK and DHS. We had no trouble picking up decent ones for our 4th. Would I expect to get FEA or Pandora, no ... but again I think the bigger impact is to those prebooking FP+, not day of.

Sorry, I was just curious. Didn't realize that talking about a loophole that no longer exists is "circumventing" it.
No problem. Not all loopholes are closed, therefore, non-specific discussion of loopholes is not allowed.

Too many variables, but I think what is possibly helping seeing more/better 4+ FP's is because of:

1. It was a minority taking advantage of the "loophole" and people blowing it out of proportion on these and other message boards.
2. 3rd Track at TSM for HS in combination with people seeing HS as a half-day park.
3. 3rd theater for Soarin' at Epcot and like HS, some people see the attraction side of Epcot as a half-day park.
4. Frozen at Epcot is taking a lot of people away from TT and Soarin'.
5. NRJ and FOP opening up (and the associated super-long lines) are taking people away from other AK attractions as well as other Parks.
6. Overall crowds have been down when compared with the same time in previous years.

I bet if you looked over the next 60 days on MDE for FP availability (and definitely next 30 days), you will probably not find any availability for (but then again, maybe you will as we are heading into Sept and schools are back in session; if it were back in June, you wouldn't find anything of the below):
Epcot: TT, Frozen, maybe Soarin'
HS: TSM
AK: Obviously NRJ and FOP
MK: Space, Splash, 7DMT, TMR?

It's completely inaccurate. There's no real way it could know what's available in real time, as it changes literally second to second. Only MDE is accurate. We have the Lines App and we use it strictly for the line times. I've looked at the alleged FP+ availability and it's not even remotely close to right.

Really? Oh that's too bad. I still checked on my own but I did appreciate knowing when things were completely "sold out" It did seem to make sense for that as the day progressed, but maybe not

We just got back this weekend. We were there from Mon - Fri, had very good luck getting 5-6 fast passes after the first 3. Popular attractions like SDMT, Splash, Space, Soarin, TT, BTRR and TS. As soon as we swiped magic band we were pulling up next FP in line while waiting to ride. Had to work at it a little to get the earliest time available, but was worth it.

We were able to get a few extras on Sunday 8/13 but they weren't for top rides. We had Splash, Space and Peter Pan which we used by 2:30. We were able to get 3 more before we had to leave at 5:30. Saw HM, BTM, Buzz, Pooh, Barnstormer etc. but no Space, 7 Drwarves.

We were there end July into August and there definitely seemed to be more fastpasses available throughout the day than there was the 2 years previous at the quieter end of August. I think it has made a difference to availability. Overall crowds were huge so I don't think it was down to attendance being down and I don't think only a small percentage took advantage of the loophole (not everyone who abuses the system will post about it).

I have an Anker Powercore, 2 USB charging ports. Great device and nice to have when the power goes out at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter