With Brazils economy in the tanks, will crowds drop?

If only I was 17 again and at WDW with large amounts of Brazilian girls. I'd be in heaven.

How had the upper class from Brazil been affected by the recession? I heard that many of the Golden Oak homes ere bought by people from Brazil - and I noticed some Golden Oak homes are listed for resale already.

How had the upper class from Brazil been affected by the recession? I heard that many of the Golden Oak homes ere bought by people from Brazil - and I noticed some Golden Oak homes are listed for resale already.

Everyone is always affected by the economy but the 1% everywhere in the world still live very well and have minimal impact.

Hey guys, I'm from Brazil and I can tell that the economy is a mess right now, plus the "dolar" went up and our "real" went veeery low.
Now it's like 1.0 BRL = 0.25 USD so, it makes everything 4 times harder for us to travel to USA. Thank God I went to Orlando 2014 and 2015 because now I have no idea when I'll be able to go again :(

The number of Brazilians in USA last year dropped more than 10% (considering the whole year) but as the crisis hitted harder during the last months of the year, I think the numbers this year will be even lower. But overall that won't affect crowd levels at all.

About the spanish, for been kinda similar to our Portuguese language, most Brazilians speaks a little bit of spanish. And I'm proud to know that a lot of brazilians are now talking more english, cause that number is still very low considering that the english langague is the universal #1 language in the world and most of the other countries already speak english very well for very long.

btw sorry for my english :)

Your English is great. It's really lousy when act like we don't people from other countries at 'our' park. Sure, I've grumbled a few times at a big group of pushy teenagers, but pushy teenagers exist in every country. One of the kindest acts I've witnessed ever, in or out of WDW, was in Epcot when two Brazilian teens were helping an elderly American lady use the restroom- they actually helped her in the stall, and they were total strangers to her. They're good kids, they have fun, and they're celebrating being in a magical place. We all need to lighten up. I hope you can come back to WDW soon!

Your English is great. It's really lousy when act like we don't people from other countries at 'our' park. Sure, I've grumbled a few times at a big group of pushy teenagers, but pushy teenagers exist in every country. One of the kindest acts I've witnessed ever, in or out of WDW, was in Epcot when two Brazilian teens were helping an elderly American lady use the restroom- they actually helped her in the stall, and they were total strangers to her. They're good kids, they have fun, and they're celebrating being in a magical place. We all need to lighten up. I hope you can come back to WDW soon!
Thanks for the compliment about my english :)
And yes, you're right! teenagers are teenagees in every country. I feel bad sometimes because Brazilians have a really bad reputation at USA, I don't like that. As much as I know there's a lot of crazy teenagers with bad behavior, there's also tons of great kind people in Brazil as well.
I feel really sad sometimes when I hear that a country doesn't like Brazilians or threat them badly, because we all here in Brazil welcome people from all over the globe in a special way and make them feel home for decades, so much that today Brazil is a mix of all races and ethnicities. I love this!!

A bit of a random thought, the strengthening US$ is going to impact on many international travellers, in two years the Australian dollar has gone from being even $1AU = $1US to $1AU = $0.68US, making this upcoming USA trip significantly harder than previous trips. I know this is the same for many other countries, Canada and Brazil included.

So there may be a drop in international guests and a shift in their ratios, however the converse of this is that the US economy is strengthening, hence the rise in the US$, which probably means more US visitors can afford trips to WDW.

So the overall impact on crowds will not change much, maybe just types of crowds.

A bit of a random thought, the strengthening US$ is going to impact on many international travellers, in two years the Australian dollar has gone from being even $1AU = $1US to $1AU = $0.68US, making this upcoming USA trip significantly harder than previous trips. I know this is the same for many other countries, Canada and Brazil included.

So there may be a drop in international guests and a shift in their ratios, however the converse of this is that the US economy is strengthening, hence the rise in the US$, which probably means more US visitors can afford trips to WDW.

So the overall impact on crowds will not change much, maybe just types of crowds.
That's a good observation! I didn't know about that!
So maybe the types gonna change, but not the numbers (maybe we can even consider a small increase overall)

I just happen to have a picture of one of those Spanish speaking "Brazil Tour Groups".;):)

14726620864_21ccb9b55d_c.jpg
....Brazil....by way of Argentina! :teeth:

But here comes July!

We already have the first "The Tour Groups Are Back" "July 2016 edition" Thread!:)

http://www.disboards.com/threads/for-those-going-soon-theyre-baaaack-tour-groups.3523360/

If you read that thread closely people talk about wrestling groups and dance groups. Not the same amount that we have seen in the past of South America. As I said before not all will stop and as also stated before some of this group trips have been planned years in advance to give people the chance to pay for the trip. Some of them were already to far into planning for canceling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter