Wishes...Where is a good spot

mom4praise

Mouseketeer
We leave for our second trip to Disney World on Thursday. Originally we were planning to get a fast pass for wishes, but as we all know that is no longer possible. So where is a good place to watch other than Main Street?

Keep checking FP+ as well. We saw it twice this past week and was able to book as a 4th (or more like 7th or 8th) FP at about 7:30 pm one day and 9:15 pm the second day. I expect crowds will be even less next week with even fewer schools on vacation.

We leave for our second trip to Disney World on Thursday. Originally we were planning to get a fast pass for wishes, but as we all know that is no longer possible. So where is a good place to watch other than Main Street?

You also want to be able to see the spectacular show that is actually projected on the front of the Castle,

"Celebrate the Magic," which begins about 15 minutes before the fireworks.

(The two areas in green marked as "FP+ Area" are now reserved for Wishes Dessert Party viewing areas.)

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg

We plan to see Wishes on one night from the TTC and on another night while riding BTMR (using a FP that we originally planned to use for the Wishes FP area before they monetized it). I hear good things about watching from Fantasyland.

We plan to see Wishes on one night from the TTC and on another night while riding BTMR (using a FP that we originally planned to use for the Wishes FP area before they monetized it). I hear good things about watching from Fantasyland.

You can see fireworks and hear the audio track, but what you see cannot fully be called "Wishes."

Also, you won't be able to see Celebrate the Magic, which is considered by many to be even more spectacular and innovative than Wishes.

Is the view good from the bridge? I have an ecv and my youngest in his wheels.
No, the bridge to Liberty Square isn't good for viewing Wishes. You're both too close to the castle and too far off to the side. Roro's map above is spot-on in its view recommendations, and he has that listed as a poor location.

That's why we will be on the bridge to Liberty Square before heading to BTMR. :thumbsup2
Is the view good from the bridge? I have an ecv and my youngest in his wheels.

That bridge (it is right next to Sleepy Hollow CS Restaurant) is great for the parade,
and Celebrate the Magic can be seen there (at a steep angle,)
but there are large trees there that block a lot of the Wishes fireworks.

SlpHlw_North_zpsyezdoa11.jpg

SlpHlw_South_zps4d7sss8h.jpg

Last edited:
We watch the parade from Frontierland and then move to the hub for Wishes. We've never had a problem getting a spot.

Good choice.

What time do you need to stake out a spot on the Tomorrowland Bridge? What time do the CM's usually block off traffic between Tomorrowland and Main St? (Or does that just happen on holidays?) Thanks!

1. What time do you need to stake out a spot on the Tomorrowland Bridge? 2. What time do the CM's usually block off traffic between Tomorrowland and Main St? (Or does that just happen on holidays?) Thanks!
1. 45-90 minutes, depending on the usual X factors.

2. I don't know that they do that. (Certainly not ALL access.)

1. 45-90 minutes, depending on the usual X factors.

2. I don't know that they do that. (Certainly not ALL access.)

1. Thank you for the quick feedback!
2. We only had it happen once. It was July 3, 2014. Got stuck on SDMT twice, and by the time we got off and re-rode, CM were blocking off all entrances from Tomorrowland to Main St. We ended up walking back to New Fantasyland to watch the fireworks. There were plenty of spots 15 min before showtime, but it was not a magical viewing location (my kids just couldn't figure out where they should be looking since the fireworks were going off all around us).
Anyway, I didn't know if that was a regular policy or just b/c of the holiday crowds. The other time we saw Wishes it had been raining all evening, so we ended up walking up to the hub 15 min beforehand. We actually had a Wishes FP for that evening, but a CM told us to stay on the hub b/c it was a better spot. So my only two experiences have been very atypical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter