• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish Trippers...Unite!! Volume One

Hurray Wendygrace,

My hero, or is that heroine is back!!!!!! You are the one who got this wonderful community together. If any of the newbies have not read her TR, your MUST, you really MUST, but have the kleenex handy.

Wendygrace, you have done MORE than anyone could ever ask for all of us. Bless your sweet soul. Don't worry about taking responsibility for this thread or something. We all love it and will keep it going. I am sure that Amy for one, is not going to stop being involved with this after her trip report is done. We are having too much fun to quit.

We will keep posting the trip dates, including each other's so that they appear every page or two. The main reasons I want the dates up is so that folks can collaborate on their research, possibly meet up while there or "pay if forward" with WDW postcards for each other.

Hey, I have a new idea... how about sending postcards AFTER the trip to Wish Trip Kids, saying "It was great to see you at WDW," or something from a character?

GKTW DISNEY PARK PASSES ARE PARK HOPPER PASSES!!!

Most of us have used them that way. We went to Epcot and DHS on the same day. They are usually 3-Day passes (and there are 4 parks). US passes are 2-Day Park Hoppers, but many families only have time to do one day.

Bill

Wendygrace,
I have been so moved by your TR and your experiences. The gift you have given to WishTrippers is beyond belief. I am so sorry for your struggles especially with insurances. Working in pediatric medicine, I know what a struggle it can be for families without the issues that you and other wish families deal with on a regular basis. The challenges for you are enough to break anyone financially and mentally and yet you hang in there and keep on keeping on! May you and your family be blessed for your compassion and caring for us all. I will keep you in my prayers.
:hug:
Denise

Okay, folks, if you sent me an address BEFORE this past Sunday, I have already sent out your postcards... Any addresses I got this week, I'll be doing in the next several days - hopefully...

Thanks for letting me be part of the magic!! :wizard:

I thought I would share what we used for DD's autographs. I cut out the tags on my Cricut machine. Then I bought a brown clipboard at Wal-Mart and decoupaged it. I found an o ring (is that what they are called?? :confused3 ) and that is how I kept the tags on the clipboard. I kept the extra and the signed tags in a seperate ziploc baggie.

P7010123.jpg

That is just GENIUS!!! I love that idea -- great job!! :thumbsup2

Amy, Becca, Heather, Misty, did you PM smatterchu (Tara Laine) about cards? Anyone need to? On the Pay if Forward site, I even found someone going to Disneyland who can send cards this month.

By the Way, I found on LeeLee2U's thread that she and her crew are okay, but she has also been without internet access.

Bill

All of those with current Pre-Trip or Trip Reports please post a message here to let all the newcomers know about your thread.

To post your thread in a post, copy your url link for the address to your first page, then, in your new post on this thread, click the globe icon and paste your url from your clipboard into the http window.

Thank you,

Bill

If you would like to express your thanks to Disney and its CMs for special treatment related to a disability, please post on this thread, it was created to present more positive reports.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1874043

Bill

What a great thread!! I subscribed, and I'm sure I'll have a story or two to post after our trip. There are some tear-jerking stories there already!!

We are awaiting our postcard from Tara Laine--I think we got in her first batch she sent out. We can't wait!! (Well, I can't wait--the kids don't know yet!)

BTW, I do have a Pre-trip report; the link can be found in my signature.

Happy 4th, everybody!! Y'all have a magical day!! (I called disneyshopping.com yesterday, and that's how they hang up with you...they say "Have a Magical Day!").

Okay friends,

Here is my (possibly all messed-up confused and inaccurate) compilation of upcoming wish trip information. Please post corrections so I can fix this.

Recently Returned From Trips:
Lottie, alias lotferg
May 19-24
Evan-10's Wish Trip

Alyson, alias Alylee777
TR not started but see some info here
June

Going SOON:

cheyenneblue
July 23-29 possibly to a Disney Resort at WDW

Amy, alias GoofyDoo
July 29-August 4
Clay 8's Wish Trip

Heather, alias HeaterN
August 2-8
Hannah 9's Wish Trip

Angie, alias angie1445
No TR started but see some info here on post #1346
A Grandmother going with her Wish Grandchild to GKTW
August 10-16

Pat, alias PatMcDuck
Bridget 16's Wish Trip to Disneyland
August 11-18

Robin, alias Robin+5
August 16-23
Nathan 14's Wish Trip

Lauren, alias Laurenmama
August 19-25
Robert 8's Wish Trip to GKTW

Misty, alias mistymouse5001
Dylan 5's Wish Trip to GKTW
September 5-11

Denise, alias Bigdisgrandma
September 10-16
Grandchild Karlyn 8's Wish Trip

Nicole, alias NicoleDisneyFan
September 22-27
Victor 4's Wish Trip

Alison, alias twinmum
November 1-10
Mark 9's Wish Trip to GKTW + 3 nights

Oklamomof4boys
November 16-22
Nathan 9's Wish Trip to GTKW

Becca, alias bex271
November 20-26
Jonah 4's Wish Trip to GKTW

Amber, alias AmberGreenawalt
December 6-14
Sebastian's Wish Trip to GKTW + extension

Misty, alias Hotmamac
December 13-19
Ali 4's Wish Trip

Carol, alias oklamomof4boys
Nathan 9's Wish Trip

If anyone has additions or updates, please PM me, or post your own information here.

Bill

Bill, my daughter Bridget's Wish trip dates to DL are Aug 11-18. She is 16.

I have no details, other than I think we will get tickets for both DL and Universal. Apparently we may not hear much until a week or so before the trip. Especially because there is so little info on DL Wish trips here on DIS, I will make sure I post information as I get it, and after the trip too.

Bill, my daughter Bridget's Wish trip dates to DL are Aug 11-18. She is 16.

I have no details, other than I think we will get tickets for both DL and Universal. Apparently we may not hear much until a week or so before the trip. Especially because there is so little info on DL Wish trips here on DIS, I will make sure I post information as I get it, and after the trip too.

We would love to hear about your trip to DL. Your right there is not much info on wish trips to DL...so you can be one of the first to share all your knowledge!!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th!!

Pat,

I am counting on you to be our scout at DL. We will be going in September for our World Passport Trip. We will be on our own, and though we will have a GAC, we will not be on a Wish Trip. Still, your experience and input will be a blessing.

HUGS:hug:

Bill

Hi! We went to DL on a family trip last December. After a wonderful experience at WDW, with such accessibility and so many cast members going out of their way to make our days less challenging and more magical, we decided to have another does of that Disney magic!

We were there the first week of December. If anyone has any DL questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them!

In summary, there were reasons of access, proximity of everything and flexibility to change gears because of the proxiomity that really appealed to my husband and me. They boys still preferred WDW, but we all agreed that there were some things we liked better at WDW and also things we preferred at DL. We stayed at the Grand Californian, and we could walk to the DL gates in 8 minutes!!!

Our son has cerebral palsy and uses a w/c in the parks. The w/c had a flat and we needed a new inner tube (yup, we carry a spare now!). The store we wanted to go to was closed, so he did his best using his walker. Our little man "did" the parks for 1 1/2 days using his walker, the DL train, and sometimes us pushing him a little in the walker (it has a seat). Everything was so close!

Although we had a GAC (Mark has other medical issues), because many of the w/c entrances are alternate entrances anyway, we really didn't use it near as much as we did at WDW.

We found the CMs to be just as friendly and helpful as WDW and had a great trip.

Any questions?

Alison

Just remembered: for those of you going to DL, don't forget to read the "HydroGuy Tips Compilation" thread on the Disneyland section of the DISboards. Lots of great DL/WDW comparisons to help with your planning.

Alison

:offtopic:

For those of you who have supported us in this, I want you to know that my son, Chris, is out of Iraq and will be in the states in less than a week. This was his last combat tour.

Thank you all,

Bill

:offtopic:

For those of you who have supported us in this, I want you to know that my son, Chris, is out of Iraq and will be in the states in less than a week. This was his last combat tour.

Thank you all,

Bill

Praise God!! I'm so glad he's out of Iraq and that you will be able to give him a big hug in just a matter of days!!!! Congrats!!:cheer2:

Wow...so much reading to catch up on! You guys have been busy!

I finally added another episode on Evan's TR. I've been super busy, but with GOOD stuff. If you haven't read the latest installment of the TR, Evan has regained sight in his left eye. We are super excited! They may allow him to return to school in the fall.

I'm SO glad your son is on his way back. Thank him for serving! Let's get the rest of our soldiers home, now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter