• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish Cruise for Two Adults - Should We Keep It?

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
We booked this cruise while on another DCL cruise before any info was out about the Wish. Hearing all of the negativity about the adult areas, we are wondering if we should keep this cruise. It is for the last week in Sept 2023 so school will be in session. But will that effect the overcrowding at the adult areas? It is a 4 night cruise so we will be able to experience all of the rotational dining. But I am hearing the theaters are very small. Any comments from previous adult cruisers on the Wish would be appreciated!!

I’ve personally avoided booking it. We don’t have kids and have enjoyed several Disney cruises, but the Wish ship isn’t doing it for me. It’s a shame because I was excited about the new ship… until I saw all the videos… including the ones that have barely anything critical to say.

Hoping The Treasure is better, and that Disney steps back from the blatantly Wall Street inspired money grab choices.

I have a Wish cruised booked for April with my son who will only be 2 at the time and I'm thinking I might change it. I can get a longer cruise for almost the same price and with the Disney plus deal I might be able to bring grandma too.

However I still want to do the Wish just to say I did it...decisions decisions.

What are your other options? I would consider booking the Dream or the fantasy for a longer cruise instead.

We booked this cruise while on another DCL cruise before any info was out about the Wish. Hearing all of the negativity about the adult areas, we are wondering if we should keep this cruise. It is for the last week in Sept 2023 so school will be in session. But will that effect the overcrowding at the adult areas? It is a 4 night cruise so we will be able to experience all of the rotational dining. But I am hearing the theaters are very small. Any comments from previous adult cruisers on the Wish would be appreciated!!

What is it about a cruise that you enjoy? Do you sail concierge? That's important to know since the Wish has strengths and weaknesses.

We enjoy the entertainment on the ship. Shows, movies, the adult area pools. We have sailed on all of the other ships, so thought it would be fun to try out the Wish. Looking at the reviews, it appears the dining is pretty good in the main MDR’s. But if the adult areas are over crowded I’m not sure what we would do. Bingo is always crowded so we pass on that. We usually just eat, swim, and watch the shows.

We enjoy eating at the different MDR’s, swim, go to the shows. If the adult areas are overly crowded, not sure what else we would do.

What is it about a cruise that you enjoy? Do you sail concierge? That's important to know since the Wish has strengths and weaknesses.
We like to eat, watch the shows and movies, swim at the adult pool. Not sure what else we would do if the adult area and theaters are overly crowded.

I have a Wish cruised booked for April with my son who will only be 2 at the time and I'm thinking I might change it. I can get a longer cruise for almost the same price and with the Disney plus deal I might be able to bring grandma too.

The Mom in me says bring grandma this time, skip Wish for now, and look forward to booking Treasure :)

The Mom in me says bring grandma this time, skip Wish for now, and look forward to booking Treasure :)

I feel like I have heard more good things about the Wish than bad. DH and I sail this Friday. I will report back.
Besides that the pool area maybe a little smaller. The deck area around there looks so nice. All the bars look great. The spa and rainforest room look fantastic. Palo Steakhouse is getting rave reviews.
The Concierge areas look fabulous (wish I could do that).

I have sailed both Magic and Dream. This will be my 9th DCL cruise. I am so excited to see this beautiful new ship. It’s a 3 night. The perfect amount to time to give the Wish a test out.

I have heard do to Covid requirements, there have been way more adults than families on these summer cruises.

I am a DVC member and just like with the DVC a properties, folks have their favorites. And when ever there is a new DVC, there are lovers and haters of the property. I always like to make my own decision about the resorts and the ships.

Happy sailing to all who are cruising the Wish and any other DCL ship this year. 😎👍🏻🚢✨💫

I tried posting this reply 3 times so hopefully this one gets posted. We love going to the rotational dining, movies and shows, along with hanging out in the adult pool area. We really want to visit the Star Wars type bar ( forgot the name). Not sure what we would do if those areas are overly crowded.

Pleas post your experience! TIA!

I am not seeing my posts so I won’t keep trying to post the same reply. Please do report back. TIA.
Yeah there’s been a glitch happening.

I’m not sure, but it seems like posts start getting skipped after posting a few times in a row?

I am going on the Wish because I want to check out the ship. It is only a 3 night cruise and I am sure that I can find someplace to lounge. It is such a short cruise that not having a big adult area is not make or break for me. If hanging out at the adult pool is important to you, then book another ship.

My thinking, too. Look at the ship through your own cruise wishes.

So far, the only drawback for my cruise lifestyle is the smaller theaters. But I didn’t go to the Buena Vista theater at all during my last 5-night cruise. On a 3-night on a new ship, I imagine I won’t be bothered.

But I would not book a cruise (or keep one already booked) if I were going into it with such low expectations. If you are not looking forward to a trip that costs Disney prices, I would get my money back. There are plenty of other experiences out there.

The adult area didn't do it for us. We really love Satellite Falls on the Dream - so not having a similar option on the Wish was a letdown for us. We only visited adult area on embarkation day.
Otherwise the ship is different -but it's still a Disney cruise. For us, we felt the service was great all around and the ship truly is beautiful.
For us, we probably won't cruise on the Wish again (but never say never) but it wasn't like we got off saying this was horrible, worst vacation ever, etc. The was fantastic and we had a wonderful time. We just liked the Dream more.

I tried posting this reply 3 times so hopefully this one gets posted. We love going to the rotational dining, movies and shows, along with hanging out in the adult pool area. We really want to visit the Star Wars type bar ( forgot the name). Not sure what we would do if those areas are overly crowded.

Pleas post your experience! TIA!

My experience was on the MV so things may be different now (I'll actually find out this week as we're sailing on Wish again as we had booked this cruise when things opened up and couldn't cancel) but for your preferences:

Rotational dining - this was a good experience but not great. I'd say the food quality is better than the other ships. 1923 was a nice atmosphere for dinner. Marvel and Arendelle the table are squeezed in tight, makes it difficult for the servers and also puts parties at separate table pretty close together, defeating the purpose of having your own table. The Marvel show was of no interest to me, the Arendelle show was fine but was hard to see as there was a serving station between our table and the stage.

Movies - we didn't watch any movies in the inside theaters but I thought the seating, while less than other ships, was much more comfortable.

Shows - Aladdin wasn't put on so can't comment on that one. Seas the Adventure and Little Mermaid weren't very good in my opinion. Again, it was the first paying passenger sailing so I'm sure it's gotten better, I'll find out soon.

Adult pool area - definitely a negative in my opinion. The infinity pool is tiny and has very little water in it, certainly nothing like the other ships. There are a lot of loungers and other seats around but it's like they were an afterthought as they go down one side of the ship and then back up the other side. Shade is at a premium in this area.

Hyperspace lounge we looked at when we first boarded but didn't bother going to during the cruise. It was very loud and just didn't seem to be anything that would interest us.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

We just sailed on the WIsh last week and would do it as two adults. We were there with 3 grandchildren and their parents so our time was child centered. I did not think the adult areas were crowded and we wished we could spend time there. The shows are worthwhile for adults - more interesting to us than to our 5 year old DGD.

There were so many adult areas here and there that we could not see them all. We have sailed all of the ships and found the adult areas we saw to be well themed but we could not take advantage.

We did not enjoy the Marvel dining room but we are not into that genre. It was a bit too noisy for us. Perhaps as two adults it would have been better - we had to settle 2 of the children because they found some of the film clips on the wall disturbing and they wanted to leave. That would be a night to go to Palo or perhaps get food on the pool deck. Some of that looked quite inviting.

We loved the 1923 and it is our favorite of all the ships. Arendelle also was fabulous and the show was the best dinner show of its type (we most love the drawing night in Animators). There is a window wall at the back of the dining room that has a fantastic view before the shades are pulled.

It is a beautiful ship. I would not cancel.

I'm in a similar boat. ;) Due to working in a school I'm limited when I can travel. The Dream and Fantasy leave on a Saturday the week I am off in February, leaving me little room for error if I fly Friday night from the North East (we would most likely drive anyway due to cost of flights Friday night). So, our only option is really the Wish leaving Monday. I'm not very excited about it.

We spend most days on the adult deck, on the sides of Satellite Falls and never have trouble getting a chair. Then by late afternoon we go to the Cove Bar, or even Currents, and have no trouble getting seats at the bar. It looks like this may not be so easy on the Wish. Palo Brunch is a highlight of our trip too, and it seems that may be hard to get for Platinum guests. I'm also not thrilled about dinner shows yet, I usually enjoy the dinner experience, we have met some great servers over the years. I don't want to skip dinner. With that said, I have booked it. I figure we have to go and see for ourselves. We will end up on the Wish at some point, Im sure, so might as well do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter