Winter RO Discounts - So limited on Rooms!

WhitneyMB

Mouseketeer
I can't believe how limited the rooms are for the Room Only discount! I'm a Disney Visa holder so I called today and had my packages switched over (it worked--yeah!). We're doing a Beach Club/Riverside split stay though, so we only got 10% off.

I called back tonight to price out other resorts and there were NO (as in NONE) deluxe resorts or deluxe villas with rooms available of any kind that worked for the discount during our stay--the first week in March. How is the possible less then 24 hours after the discount was released?!

EDIT: Kept checking and managed to switch to a resort with a higher %! So happy! Think I must have talked to a bad CM.

Last edited:
I agree. I just switched my ressie to the promo over the phone. I wasnt having any luck on the website. Im staying at the YC. Website said no availability, but the CM on the phone had no problems applying the discount. Maybe they will release more Monday when it goes to the general public.

For kicks, I wanted to look at the price for the Poly, but the website said nothing available there either. Since tomorrow is my 180 and Ill be making most of my dining in the Epcot area, I wont be switching if I cant see the price/reserve tonight. Im satisfied though! Saved $940 on our stay.

Last edited:
How is the possible less then 24 hours after the discount was released?!

It may be that there was never any inventory that covered all the dates of your stay. The promo has "selected dates between..." language. Inventory may have been very limited (<5 rooms) or nonexistent.

It may be that there was never any inventory that covered all the dates of your stay. The promo has "selected dates between..." language. Inventory may have been very limited (<5 rooms) or nonexistent.

Here is the room only offer.....

Offer valid for stays most nights January 1 through April 8, 2017. Ask about other great rates for stays December 15 through December 23, 2016.

Book through December 21, 2016.

This special offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View chart to explore savings within each Resort Category.

Treat your family to a magical escape this winter and save up 25% on Rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. Use your Disney Visa Card to book now through December 21, 2016.

Discounts:

25%
AKL
BWI
WL
YC

20%
FW Cabins
Carib Beach
Coronado

15%
GF
All Value except ASM

10%
POFQ
POR
ASM
BC
Contemp.
Poly

Last edited:
That may be. I'm sure that there were very select rooms at some of the resorts.

I just know that I could have chosen BC, YC, or BW at 3:30 and at 7:30 none of them--or any other deluxes--were available.

That may be. I'm sure that there were very select rooms at some of the resorts.

I just know that I could have chosen BC, YC, or BW at 3:30 and at 7:30 none of them--or any other deluxes--were available.

Try calling. I had no luck online either. I called and got the discount without any issues.

This happened to me last year too. Went in 09/2015. Free dining came out in April (I think). I had to rebook my entire trip, dates, ADRS etc..because that first day nothing was available the dates I originally had. Luckily I hadnt booked airfare. So I changed everything. Dates and dining....Lost out on a prime BOG dinner I originally had. A couple days later, my resort for my original dates was wide open. I didnt want to book 10 days of deluxe dining all over again, so we stuck with the stinky early September dates, rather than end of Sept/early Oct.

Could someone please show/tell me where to find the Disney Visa cardholder Winter RO discount offer? I'm not seeing the offer when I log into MDE.

Thanks a lot!

Could someone please show/tell me where to find the Disney Visa cardholder Winter RO discount offer? I'm not seeing the offer when I log into MDE.

Thanks a lot!
You have to go to the disney visa rewards website and there is a link that says "tell me more" or something like that on the discount page and that link will take you to the discount booking page of the disney website.

Thanks a lot!

The discounts don't show up on the Disney websites yet. They are only available for Disney Visa holders, so you have to go to the Disney Visa rewards website, or read about it on one of the blog sites. Maybe someone else can post a direct link?

I actually did talk to them by phone--twice! And still no rooms available tonight! They did tell me that they expected things to be very "fluid" over the next few days and to check back. :)

The discounts don't show up on the Disney websites yet. They are only available for Disney Visa holders, so you have to go to the Disney Visa rewards website, or read about it on one of the blog sites. Maybe someone else can post a direct link?

I actually did talk to them by phone--twice! And still no rooms available tonight! They did tell me that they expected things to be very "fluid" over the next few days and to check back. :)

Thanks! I found the offer :)

Our son is going to be marching in the MK with his high school band in March. We were waiting for them to finalize their trip so we could make plans to go down and watch them. We just happened upon the Visa offer last night. Ended up booking at the Wilderness Lodge. Got lucky and was able to book everything through the website with no issues.

Our son is going to be marching in the MK with his high school band in March. We were waiting for them to finalize their trip so we could make plans to go down and watch them. We just happened upon the Visa offer last night. Ended up booking at the Wilderness Lodge. Got lucky and was able to book everything through the website with no issues.

We did this last year with my nephew's HS band! The kids had a lot of fun and it is pretty cool to watch them march down Main St : ) Enjoy!

Just copied this off the Disney Visa site--apologies, because I was unable to copy the chart itself, but you can see the discount rates at the various resorts:

Book select rooms, most nights, January 1, 2017, to April 8, 2017

Save 10% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort

Save 15% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort—Family Suites Save 15%

Save 20% (Sun – Thurs Only):
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Save 10% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—Riverside

Save 25%:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Save 15%:
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Save 10%:
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Save 25%:
Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (Studios Only)

Save 10%:
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas—Jambo House and Kidani Village

Best of luck to everyone with their reservations!

ETA: Dates of offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter