Winter is Starting

fbarker

DIS Veteran
Well we are suppose to get our first shot of winter this weekend and of course it just can't be a dusting of snow we have to get upwards of 5inches of snow!! I am glad we have made our reservations for WDW for the end of March so I can use my winter time planning for our trip. I will do a little bit each day just to keep nice positive thoughts of getting our of northern climate and getting to WDW where it will probably be in the 70's or80's and sun and now snow!!! So actually my WDW vacation has started now because I so enjoy planning for the trip...it really extends the joy and excitement of going. The week that we are down there goes by so fast that this is the way i can extend my vacation feeling.

I love planning trips. Whenever I have a bad day, I come home and relax by planning. DH and my boys don't like to help so it is all mine.

I too appreciate the anticipation of a visit to Disney. Winter hasn't hit my area yet but it will be coming soon so I sympathize with your plight. Keep reading Dis and plan away!

Yes . . . we are supposed to get our first bite of winter this weekend too. The DIS and DIS Boards give me a wonderful escape from the white stuff. Now, if only they could help me out with the snow shoveling :-)

I love planning too. Not happy if their isn't at least one trip in planning stages.
Winter is easy here though

Oh, no, "say it ain't so"..:eek: It has been a BEAUTIFUL, MILD Fall up until about the last two weeks, no complaints! Now the leaves have fallen and its been those dreary cloudy November days.:sad2: What a difference sun makes; feel so much more energetic!:sunny: Let's all think about spring ,summer, or fall '16 trips to get through the COLD winter! :goodvibes::yes::

We plan to drive from Dallas to Orlando in about 3 weeks and I'm keeping everything crossed that any ice or snow holds off until after that time. One year it was very icy just before we flew out and I don't want to deal with driving in that stuff. :crazy2:

Coming from a lifetime Floridian who just moved to Chicago, I'm nervously excited about snowfall on Saturday, but I have a feeling that excitement might be short-lived.

Coming from a lifetime Floridian who just moved to Chicago, I'm nervously excited about snowfall on Saturday, but I have a feeling that excitement might be short-lived.

This year promises to be fairly mild. Be happy you weren't here last year. :)

I'm usually excited about the first snowfall. But my flight leaves tomorrow morning at 6:00am - right in the thick of it. Hoping there are no delays!

Oh, no, "say it ain't so"..:eek: It has been a BEAUTIFUL, MILD Fall up until about the last two weeks, no complaints! Now the leaves have fallen and its been those dreary cloudy November days.:sad2: What a difference sun makes; feel so much more energetic!:sunny: Let's all think about spring ,summer, or fall '16 trips to get through the COLD winter! :goodvibes::yes::
Yes you will be getting what we get here this weekend. Right now weathermen arnt sure what we will get here somewhere between 1 and 6 inches depending where the front goes. yuck!!!

it looks like it depends and where you are in chicagoland...the further north the more snow. Welcome to Chicago!!

::yes::Let's HOPE that the nasty weather holds off until at least after Thanksgiving weekend for all those traveling for the holiday!:wizard:

Every day this Nov temps in North East PA have been above average, last night I enjoyed a cigar on the back porch without a jacket. Supposedly my area is going to have mild temps but more snow this Winter. Fine with me, more days off from my university and the snow will melt unlike the last 2 years when the Nov snow stuck around until March.

Bill From PA

I've got a June trip to plan this winter! One benefit to travelling in summer is that there are no worries of snow cancelling your flight. But those times we did fly to FL in November/December I loved stepping into the tunnel off the plane and getting that first whiff of warm humid air. Now that we fly down in June, the air feels just like back home...

The snow will be here any time now, we are on the edge of the warning- maybe 3-4 inches today!

I have been eying the forcast for the 1st, my date of departure from the great plains. So far looks like cold with no snow or rain. Still holding off on getting MVMCP tickets until day before or day of. Have my connection in Chicago too, and their weather is more unpredictable than my home city.

The models now showing the thick of it hitting the city of Chicago (I'm a Chicagoan). Whatever, going to have dinner with my MIL tonight and watch the snow fall with my daughter tomorrow, and I know DD4 will want to play in it.

So copy some Disney park music onto your iPhone and listen to attraction loops while you shovel your driveway...

Heyheyhey! Can we hold that nasty weather off until December 1? We're heading down on the 30th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter