Winner of WORST attraction in the World and announcing The Most Missed in the World poll!

Tonyz

How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

So Stitch ran away with this one, as expected. It's shame that - Frozen aside - Stitch is probably the most popular character to come out of Disney since the end of the Renaissance. He needs a better attraction. But at least he's got a place at the Poly.

Anyways, dark clouds dissipate and now we're entering the warm, cuddly feeling of nostalgia! I'm pleased to announce the beginning of The Most Missed in the World poll! So now just pick 5 things from Disney World that you miss the most. It can be anything. An attraction, a show, a restaurant, a store...

For those of you like Jes who may not have a history of Disney where you can really "miss" stuff, feel free to list 5 things that you've heard about that you would have liked to experience. If you never did Horizons or went to the Adventurers Club, but wish you could have, pick them!

Hope you guys like this one. Now get to choosing!

Miss most:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Animation Academy at Hollywood Studios
Skyway at MK
Adventurers Club (never had the chance to go but wish I could now!)

I figured it would be Stitch.

Things missed is thought for me since I've only been going since 1999 and I was 8 months old during that trip. There are plenty of things I wish I got to experience so I think I'll go more with that.

Horizons- never got to experience it and people seemed to have love it.

The original Figment- I want to experience Dreamfinder.

Mickey Mouse Revue- I've heard that was an awesome show.

The adventurers club- never got to experience that either.

Spectromagic- now that I got to experience but I'd love to have that back (even though it can't be brought back its destroyed) or maybe something paying tribute to that.

Tapestry of nations or dreams- I don't remember them but I love the music I'd love to see that.

Some of these I've never actually been to or seen, but the pictures and videos of them makes me want them back.

Osbournes Lights: I got to experience them for the first and last time this past November and I was blown away by them. Plus, it was the last trip wth my Grandpa, so it's gonna hold an even more special place.

Spectromagic: MSEP needs to be locked in a box and thrown to the bottom of the Pacific. I really cannot stand it and still think Spectromagic is better (Though if we were to get Paint the Night, I wouldn't complain...)

Dream Along with Mickey: This kind of just became a staple on my college program - whenever I got to the park on my days off, it would always be in the middle of the show. So I'd always just sit there and watch it again and again. Yeah, it was time for a change, but I'll still miss the original princesses.

Maelstrom: Stop trying to make Frozen happen.

Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade - I just always wanted to see this one, but never got the chance to.

SpectroMagic

Snow White's Scary Adventures

Waking up TinkerBell

Osborne lights

Tapestry of Nations and/or Dreams Parade - Music, puppets, costumes, getting to put your hopes/wishes/dreams into the dreamcatchers - All of this was fantastic, imaginative, and FUN! I still sing "Wayla" to the soundtrack or when I'm in Epcot every now and again - used to sing it "Wayla - get outtta my WAYla!!!!" on my way out of the park at night! Yes - out loud - don't judge!! :rotfl:

Journey into Imagination - Hi Kathy!! :) LOVE Figgie in any form, but he was at his height in the original, I miss DreamFinder, and being able to meet them both out in the gardens! Also miss singing along with the song, and playing in the ImageWorks playground upstairs afterwards - coming out of there with my hands smelling like metal from playing with the "nail thingies". LOL

The Jazz Club on Pleasure Island - Had some AWESOME bands there - Toxic Audio & CitiHeat among them (still glad I bought CD's to listen to!!), and just great "chillaxin at the end of a long park day" music and vibe, and even some pretty good small bites at the end of its era.

Pleasure Island itself - When it was "gated" and charged for as a whole, NOT by the club. When it was gated/paid admission, it was much more of fun, carefree, "hang out" type of place for ADULTS, not a place for teens/tweens, and even younger whose parents did not feel like watching them, or were inside drinking while their offspring ran around aimlessly outside. I also miss The FunMeister up in the DJ booth, and the general fun atmosphere. Was pretty entertaining watching older folks and businessmen on conventions "party it up" and "bust a move" to current music in the middle of the streets!! :dancer::laughing:

Comedy Club, Pleasure Island - Yes, you used to have to line up way ahead of time for the shows, but it was fun, and different, and I used to love when somebody in my group ('cause I rarely went by myself, not as much fun that way, although I would if nobody else was around!) sat on the end, and answered the phone! :) The place itself, with all the tshotches (don't know if I spelled that right, but I mean doodads - LOL) around was cool, and iconic!! Especially miss the cool castle on the "plate rail" with the white Christmas lights! :)

I know some of my stuff probably won't get a mention from anybody BUT me (most people would say the AC from PI, but that's about it), but that's quite alright. Even if they never make it to a single voting round, but I got to mention them here, and reminisce about them, it's all good. :) So thanx again for doing this, Tony!

Last edited:
first off, there is a good Stitch attraction out there ... just not in the U.S. parks:

I love the topic for the new pole and could probably list tons of items out but here are the main ones I can think of:

Pleasure Island as a whole - was so much fun and the street parties and NYE countdown ... just so different than the rest of Disney World. Enjoyed the Beach Club as well

Adventurers' Club - This is my number one thing missing. Just so classic of Disney to take the "club" idea and amp it up a bunch and the actors were great!

Original version of Journey Into Imagination - one of my most vivid memories from going as a kid. Miss the Dreamfinder (who also used to be a character that walked around for meets)

Body Wars - ok, it was kind of gross, but it was really cool!

Kitchen Kabaret - also one of my favorites as a kid. Hard to describe in words so I give you this:

If you had wings / Delta Dreamflight - both version had great songs

Cranium Command - also pretty cool!

Tapestry of nations or dreams- I don't remember them but I love the music I'd love to see that.

I still think this is still one of the best parades Disney has ever had. We also really liked the parade in Animal Kingdom and was disappointed when we found out it was gone.

Also wish my DD could have experienced 20,000 Leagues and Discovery Island!

DELETE - Tried to edit to remove double message.

Last edited:
Was Kitchen Kabaret the one with "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit"? Or was that Food Ricks? And which one was the one with Neil Mossaka who sang "Don't Take my Broccoli Away From Me?". Used to CRACK ME UP every time!! Agree too on great songs in Delta DreamFlight and If You Had Wings. Magic Journeys too!:) Thanx for the great memories!!

Was Kitchen Kabaret the one with "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit"? Or was that Food Ricks? And which one was the one with Neil Mossaka who sang "Don't Take my Broccoli Away From Me?". Used to CRACK ME UP every time!! :) Thanx for the great memories!!

Kitchen Kabaret definitely had Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit - not sure about the other one though

Miss most:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Skyway at MK
Yes, Sam - miss the animator's themselves too! I used to ONLY visit the Studios M-F and during working hours, just to stand there and amazingly gawk at them at work. Used to fascinate me to see what little things they kept around their work areas to inspire them. Even got a few of them to wave, wink, or smile at me, I stood there for so long! Just glad none of them took out restraining orders on me! LOL. I also miss the Skyway, and told my story about the pretzel vendor I saw from there recently, so I won't take up space telling it again.

I still think this is still one of the best parades Disney has ever had. We also really liked the parade in Animal Kingdom and was disappointed when we found out it was gone.

Also wish my DD could have experienced 20,000 Leagues and Discovery Island!

We LOVED LOVED LOVED the Animal Kingdom Parade!!!

Miss most:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Skyway at MK

Words cannot express how much I MISS Mr. Toads Wild Ride! It was my favorite!

Kitchen Kabaret definitely had Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit - not sure about the other one though
Forgot to mention.....you made me smile, remembering ole Buzzy in Cranium Command. Remember the Arnold sound-alikes saying "Your heart is pumping, pumping!" :laughing:

I have a huge smile, reading all these pots, and remembering "back when" right now! :)

Forgot to mention.....you made me smile, remembering ole Buzzy in Cranium Command. Remember the Arnold sound-alikes saying "Your heart is pumping, pumping!" :laughing:

I have a huge smile, reading all these pots, and remembering "back when" right now! :)

I agree - lots of fun going down memory lane

Loving the discussions, but don't forget to actually make your lists of what you miss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter