Wine Card at Epcot

DonaldDuckFamily

Mouseketeer
When I was at Epcot during Spring Break 09, I was purchasing some wine in Germany at one of the stores. A gentleman in front of me had a wine card where he had pre-purchased glasses of wine at the different countries. So all he did was give the lady his card, got it marked off for Germany and walked out with a glass a wine. I should of asked more questions while the guy was there but he said it was a pre-paid wine card that allowed him different samplings throughout Epcot for $20.

Has anyone else heard of this and have any details on how to purchase one the next time I go?

Thanks!!

I'm just working on my trippie that shows how we went drinking around the world at Epcot, but on our own - wish I'd known about this as none of the cast members pointed it out - I spent $30 on 3 glasses of wine!!!

I did this in December - I think they called it a "wine walk around the world" or something along those lines.

For $20 you got a little "passport" sort of paper and it allowed you to get 2 samples of wine each in France, Italy and Germany.

I enjoyed it very much and ended up buying 2 bottles of the wine I tried. :thumbsup2

ETA: you could purchase the passport in any of the 3 companies and they stamped it with a nifty unique stamp of each company. Actually a pretty nice souvenir - particularly if you scrapbook.

Wow - that reminds me of when I went with my aunt and mom over 20 years ago - then you could get wine tastings in France. We had one we liked a lot, so I bought a bottle to take home (of course that was back when you could carry a bottle of wine on a plane).

You can actually still do the individual wine tastings in some countries too - separate from the "walk" deal. France usually has a pretty big assortment to choose from. :thumbsup2

I'd like to know more about this too! I didn't know about the passport.

I've brought home bottles of wine and (carefully) packed them in my suitcase after I had tastings at the F&W Festival. They were fine every time, so I'll definitely do that again. Brought home a bottle of the Banfi to have with dessert on the holidays! I had never tried this before I went to Disney.

Now I buy it here at home to give as gifts with my homemade chocolate dipped cookies at Christmas and to serve with chocolate dipped fruits at parties. Always a hit! :goodvibes

The options are pre-selected.

You can purchase the passport in any of the participating country's wine shops (Italy, Germany, France)

I'd like to know more about this too! I didn't know about the passport.

I've brought home bottles of wine and (carefully) packed them in my suitcase after I had tastings at the F&W Festival. They were fine every time, so I'll definitely do that again. Brought home a bottle of the Banfi to have with dessert on the holidays! I had never tried this before I went to Disney.

Now I buy it here at home to give as gifts with my homemade chocolate dipped cookies at Christmas and to serve with chocolate dipped fruits at parties. Always a hit! :goodvibes

If I could ask...Which one do you serve/give? Is it the Rose? I'm always curious which wines people love, and I'm looking for an Italian wine to serve with dessert. Thanks! :) By the way, if you have other ideas you might want to mention I would be happy to hear them. I typically like my wines crisp and clean, not to dry and prefere more of a sweeter taste and not the sweet that wine connoisseur's refere to...sweet to taste, but not to sweet unless it's going with a dessert. Hope that made sense. lol What kinds of wines do you like?

Millie I know you weren't asking me but I LOVE Mascato D'asti.
It is a Sparkling white wine that is very sweet and not bitter.
Whole Foods carries it around here.

I did this in December - I think they called it a "wine walk around the world" or something along those lines.

For $20 you got a little "passport" sort of paper and it allowed you to get 2 samples of wine each in France, Italy and Germany.

I enjoyed it very much and ended up buying 2 bottles of the wine I tried. :thumbsup2

ETA: you could purchase the passport in any of the 3 companies and they stamped it with a nifty unique stamp of each company. Actually a pretty nice souvenir - particularly if you scrapbook.

Thank you so much for the information:cool1: I am so excited to try this the next time I go. I knew someone on the DIS boards would know something about this.:woohoo:

This sounds great- we'll definitely have to try this. Thanks for posting about this!

I'm looking for an Italian wine to serve with dessert.

FWIW, one of the wine samples I got last year in Italy was for a sparkling red called Rose Regale. Really lovely and I would absolutely serve/drink it with dessert. I bought 2 bottles when I got home! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the information. BTW - your dogs are beautiful!

You're welcome - and thanks! :goodvibes

ooh I'm going to have to see if they have this when we go, I'd love to try a bunch of different wines since the last few years my palate has really matured!

Since we are talking favorites, I have found I can't go wrong with a Petite Syrah(Sirah) or a Shiraz for a red or a Gewurztraminer for white and I always enjoy Port with dessert!

Millie I know you weren't asking me but I LOVE Mascato D'asti.
It is a Sparkling white wine that is very sweet and not bitter.
Whole Foods carries it around here.

Oh Coltink...Thank you, your so sweet to offer your fav. dessert wine to me.
I have a new favorite that I loooove and it's from Portugal a Vinho Verde called Casal Garcia, it's a white. It's a young wine, fruity, delicate as the lable would say, it's not what I would call a dry. Very good if you want something lite when you eat, or say your having a summer wine and cheese/chocolate party and you don't want to overwhelm everyone with a heavy wine. This would be ideal, and the bonus when I went to buy it....it was under $10 dollars! Can't beat that! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter