• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

It will be interesting to see if the Luisa casting call for WDW is for the half marathon, christmas party or something else

Never been to the post race party. Is there a lot of food options as you stroll around the world? Or should we get dining reservations somewhere?
Have you been to food and wine before? It's so much fun. I rarely make reservations during this time of year because I want to try as many booths as possible!!!

Never been to the post race party. Is there a lot of food options as you stroll around the world? Or should we get dining reservations somewhere?

I recall all of the food stands for F&W being opened during the party, at least at the start. F&W is wonderful and I highly recommend grazing and trying as much as you can. It isn't cheap but worth it.

Trying to wait patiently for the W&D course maps to be released but know we still have a few weeks.

Many have said they don’t change much and to look at recent years. I found some but they are a little difficult to read. Quick questions:

1. Looks like the 10k went through Hollywood Studios. Does anyone know what part? Did it go through Galaxy’s Edge?

2. For Epcot, looks like the 10k went through the back gate at Epcot through the World Showcase. Did it go through Canada/England or towards France, Morocco, etc?

Trying to wait patiently for the W&D course maps to be released but know we still have a few weeks.

Many have said they don’t change much and to look at recent years. I found some but they are a little difficult to read. Quick questions:

1. Looks like the 10k went through Hollywood Studios. Does anyone know what part? Did it go through Galaxy’s Edge?

2. For Epcot, looks like the 10k went through the back gate at Epcot through the World Showcase. Did it go through Canada/England or towards France, Morocco, etc?
Last years w/d 10k entered studio from backstage where lighting McQueen racing academy was went past that and RRC than turned down to sunset and exited the park (half route last November went through Star Wars as did the springtime 10 miler)

As for world showcase last November 10k just came in between uk/Canada than went through canada before heading towards the front of the park
IMG_8648.png

Thanks for the info 1lilspark. I will be doing the HM, and looking at the old map it basically does the same as the 10k but longer (surprise!). So it's a few miles before you hit Epcot park itself, out to the Boardwalk area, down into HS, and then a long old push back up towards Epcot park, last mile through the park and then finish in the car park... right?

Excited about HS tour - looks great! I feel a nice balance of stop/ start to take it all in and grab character photos, as well as some pretty decent miles to get the legs kicking and pace up :)

Thanks for the info 1lilspark. I will be doing the HM, and looking at the old map it basically does the same as the 10k but longer (surprise!). So it's a few miles before you hit Epcot park itself, out to the Boardwalk area, down into HS, and then a long old push back up towards Epcot park, last mile through the park and then finish in the car park... right?

Excited about HS tour - looks great! I feel a nice balance of stop/ start to take it all in and grab character photos, as well as some pretty decent miles to get the legs kicking and pace up :)
I didn’t do the half so don’t have the map saved in my camera roll other posters here may have it

They have at least three different 10k routes that they’ve used post-covid. I’d say it’s a better bet that they go with one that starts and ends in Epcot but beyond that I couldn’t tell you which they’d go with. As for the half I’d guess they use the route that starts and ends in Epcot but who knows, entirely possible that they go back to the one that starts in the MK lot one day.

I liked last years half course. I liked having the majority of park time in the first part and then the open road for the second part. It let me have fun in the beginning and then I was able to buckle down and focus for the rest. I know some people didn’t like it since it was so many miles of open road all together.

I liked last years half course. I liked having the majority of park time in the first part and then the open road for the second part. It let me have fun in the beginning and then I was able to buckle down and focus for the rest. I know some people didn’t like it since it was so many miles of open road all together.

Count me in the group that absolutely hated last year’s courses. The half was just a longer version of the 10k, while previously it had been completely different. Started in the MK parking lot, went through the forested backroads into Animal Kingdom, through the Studios, and then finished with a lap around the world and then under Spaceship earth. Last year was highway, then ramp, then highway, then ramp, etc. It‘s an obvious design to open the parks earlier.

Count me in the group that absolutely hated last year’s courses. The half was just a longer version of the 10k, while previously it had been completely different. Started in the MK parking lot, went through the forested backroads into Animal Kingdom, through the Studios, and then finished with a lap around the world and then under Spaceship earth. Last year was highway, then ramp, then highway, then ramp, etc. It‘s an obvious design to open the parks earlier.
Same. I was not a fan of the course last year. I missed Animal Kingdom and miles 6.5-12 really needed something to break it up. I am assuming we will be starting in Epcot for security reasons again, but I hope the course is a little bit more interesting.

Hey all, does anyone know if post race party tickets ever pop up again after selling out? I was able to secure spots for my wife and I in the half, but of course only after the party sold out!

Hey all, does anyone know if post race party tickets ever pop up again after selling out? I was able to secure spots for my wife and I in the half, but of course only after the party sold out!

If you got into the half you get admission to the party and you do not need to buy a separate ticket.

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Highlights:

• 13.1 mile course through Walt Disney World Resort
  • After-Hours access to a post-race party at EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

If you got into the half you get admission to the party and you do not need to buy a separate ticket.

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Highlights:

• 13.1 mile course through Walt Disney World Resort
  • After-Hours access to a post-race party at EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
Whelp stupid me for not reading and just assuming Disney would want every penny they could get! Thank you so much for responding!

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked (if there is a way to search a specific thread, I cannot for the life of me figure it out), but I was wondering if anyone can speak to their experience as to how long the wait for GotG was during the after-party? Are we talking like over an hour, or was it 20-30 minutes? Thanks!

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked (if there is a way to search a specific thread, I cannot for the life of me figure it out), but I was wondering if anyone can speak to their experience as to how long the wait for GotG was during the after-party? Are we talking like over an hour, or was it 20-30 minutes? Thanks!

I rode it twice last year. Early in the party the line went out of the building, but it moved fast. Maybe 30 min? Later on it was basically a walk-on, with only how long it took to get through the queue being the delay. I’ve found the biggest waits to be the characters. In 2019 they had the Three Caballeros and it was several hours.

CMs there were telling us “2 hour wait” most of the night, but those who decided to brave it reported 30 mins or less. I’ll be remembering that this time!

We rode it early in the party and the line was 30-40 min. We went by later (around 10-11pm?) to try to ride it again and the line was even longer! But it had just opened last year. I would expect wait times to be slightly less for it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter