• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

My sis and I both are registered! Yay!!

Question for ya...I just booked a room at POR through the RunDisney number, but am having trouble figuring out what the discount actually is percentage-wise. I'm wondering if it's the best deal, or if I were to wait for an orbitz discount, if that'd be cheaper. I plan on adding tickets later once I figure out how many days we'll need. ( staying 11/1- 11/10)

Even though I only booked a room, I was told it is considered a package since it includes event bus transportation. That seems a bit odd to me...I'm used to the room only discounts that Disney offers that are not considered a package. Is this correct?? Thanks!!

ETA: OK! In case anyone is a discount fiend like myself, I figured out that the discounted rate compared to the regular room-only rate is about 25% off ( for the moderates at least) which I think is a pretty great deal! The package thing is still throwing me though...

Last edited:
Well, I got in, but my sister who wanted to do the 5K couldn't get in in time. :'( So I'm excited, but disappointed for her.

I honestly think Disney needs to get rid of the C2C for next year if they don't plan to have any new races at WDW. I doubt it will make registration last much longer, if at all, but it's certainly not helping since there are less options for the Florida leg.

I bet there is zero way they get rid of C2C. Not when they just created the pink C2C challenge medal. C2C just ensures (for Disney) that races sell out sooner than later, more than anything else. If anything, they'll probably try to come up with a 3rd C2C around Star Wars/Avengers.

I'm so glad I had the vacation time bank built up, and was able to take today off from work. I'd toyed with the idea of working, and coming home to register, as it seemed it lasted until at least dinner time in 2014. Count us among those who would like to see 1-2 more races at WDW. Perhaps expanding this weekend by adding a 10k, and making a 10k and 1/2 challenge?

What is the reported runner capacity for this race?
I think at least 1 completely separate weekend is what's needed most. Adding a challenge to this one wouldn't help, it would probably just make it worse.

I bet there is zero way they get rid of C2C. Not when they just created the pink C2C challenge medal. C2C just ensures (for Disney) that races sell out sooner than later, more than anything else. If anything, they'll probably try to come up with a 3rd C2C around Star Wars/Avengers.
I doubt they actually would either, since all that matters for them is filling the races, regardless of how fast it happens and how many upset people they have. But WDW desperately needs a new weekend in 2016.

Last year I signed up pretty late for Wine and Dine through a travel provider- May or June maybe? I've booked many runDisney races through three of the different travel agents that are currently offering for Wine and Dine 2015. GET doesn't do waitlists, Cruise Planners does, and Acclaim occasionally will get extra bibs because they allow people to cancel and then Acclaim can resell the bib. This is how it has been in the past, but for any of you still looking I would contact *ALL* of the travel agents listed on the page and see if you can get on a waitlist while you still can be close to the top of the list. Don't give up hope quite yet!

I doubt they actually would either, since all that matters for them is filling the races, regardless of how fast it happens and how many upset people they have. But WDW desperately needs a new weekend in 2016.
I vote for a Jolly Holiday Half in the slow part in December- another night race with all the Christmas decoration up. Maybe the same course as Princess? Running through the icicle castle would be nice. And the weather wouldn't be too bad :)

I agree that WDW definitely needs to have more race weekends. Clearly the demand is there! After reading about all the people who were unable to register or only got a portion of their party registered I feel extremely lucky to have gotten my fiance and I both registered before 12:00 even hit! Between that and snagging a BOG reservation this morning for my September trip I feel like I'm on top of the world :goodvibes

I agree that WDW definitely needs to have more race weekends. Clearly the demand is there! After reading about all the people who were unable to register or only got a portion of their party registered I feel extremely lucky to have gotten my fiance and I both registered before 12:00 even hit! Between that and snagging a BOG reservation this morning for my September trip I feel like I'm on top of the world :goodvibes

You need to go buy lottery tickets ASAP!

I vote for a Jolly Holiday Half in the slow part in December- another night race with all the Christmas decoration up. Maybe the same course as Princess? Running through the icicle castle would be nice. And the weather wouldn't be too bad :)
That sounds like an awesome idea. I also say bringing back Tower of Terror as a more expanded weekend is a possibility.

Last year I signed up pretty late for Wine and Dine through a travel provider- May or June maybe? I've booked many runDisney races through three of the different travel agents that are currently offering for Wine and Dine 2015. GET doesn't do waitlists, Cruise Planners does, and Acclaim occasionally will get extra bibs because they allow people to cancel and then Acclaim can resell the bib. This is how it has been in the past, but for any of you still looking I would contact *ALL* of the travel agents listed on the page and see if you can get on a waitlist while you still can be close to the top of the list. Don't give up hope quite yet!

THIS!

Also - it appears Marathon Tours will put their packages/bibs on sale tomorrow.

http://www.marathontours.com/index.cfm/page/Walt-Disney-World-Wine-and-Dine-Half-Marathon/pid/13815

So my husband did the registering and somehow got my age wrong lol! Does anyone know how to get that changed.

So my husband did the registering and somehow got my age wrong lol! Does anyone know how to get that changed.

It lists your age at the time of the race, not as of registration ... so, if you haven't had your birthday yet this year, that's why your age could be wrong!

So glad I found this thread again a few nights ago. If not for Keels, I probably wouldn't be registered. I would have waited until now to try to register. Really glad we opted out of doing the 5k now, would have been a ton of stress getting us both registered for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter