• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

The more I look at it, I feel like you get a lot more bang for your buck for this race, than the other half marathons. Maybe that's just me? And I know this is probably a silly question: the after party is 'free' for anyone who was registered and is running, correct? It's only the 'spectates' - so friends and family - who have to purchase a special ticket for that? I just want to be 100% sure I understand the way they word that.

The more I look at it, I feel like you get a lot more bang for your buck for this race, than the other half marathons. Maybe that's just me? And I know this is probably a silly question: the after party is 'free' for anyone who was registered and is running, correct? It's only the 'spectates' - so friends and family - who have to purchase a special ticket for that? I just want to be 100% sure I understand the way they word that.

That is correct. Your bib & wrist band has been the 'ticket' entry for runners in years past. I'm not sure what the party guests get as ticket media.

That is correct. Your bib & wrist band has been the 'ticket' entry for runners in years past. I'm not sure what the party guests get as ticket media.

I find that to be really cool. None of the events here at Disneyland have anything like that that's 'free' for the runners to enjoy Park things

For those that have been before, is there usually a good selection of things available/how 'crowded' is it?

I ran 2.5 and then rode my bike for 5 miles today. Going to repeat that on Thursday and then ... (gulp) my first-ever half marathon on Saturday!

To say I'm nervous right now is a complete understatement ...

You'll do great!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

correct!

I find that to be really cool. None of the events here at Disneyland have anything like that that's 'free' for the runners to enjoy Park things

For those that have been before, is there usually a good selection of things available/how 'crowded' is it?

I have not been to W&D before, but I have done TOT which has the park open until I think it was 3:30. It was busy, but it isn't the same feel as a day in the parks. Mostly adults and mostly slow moving, not running from ride to ride! It will clear out drastically as it gets later. And I'm not sure how much of Epcot they keep open for this, but they did roll with highly exaggerated wait times. Probably trying to keep from having the park open for too long after the event? (I think I've seen this mentioned on the boards before). The posted waits were 45-65 minutes. Actual wait time: walk on. So something to keep in mind! Also, I was injured so it took me awhile to finish, I think almost 2 1/2 hours. And the character lines then were very short. Within an hour though, they really started to add up.

Nearly everything was open though, and I didn't notice lines being longer than any other time. Note though, at special events where the parks are open late, gift shops close promptly at the end. They do not stay open like they would on a normal park day. So, even injured and with a time I was not happy with, I still really enjoyed the party. Definitely worth it! And I think at Epcot it will be even better.

I ran 2.5 and then rode my bike for 5 miles today. Going to repeat that on Thursday and then ... (gulp) my first-ever half marathon on Saturday!

To say I'm nervous right now is a complete understatement ...

Good luck Keels!!! I know you'll give us the full report. :)

Wait, so is all of Epcot open for the after party, including rides like Test Track and Soarin'? Or just World Showcase?

And yay, so glad to see a specific mention of the Osborne Lights!

Wait, so is all of Epcot open for the after party, including rides like Test Track and Soarin'? Or just World Showcase?

And yay, so glad to see a specific mention of the Osborne Lights!

I believe both Soarin' and Test Track have been open in past years! Hopefully others will chime in.

Is anyone else having trouble with the travel section of the runDisney site? You used to be able to view what hotels where available for each event and now the page won't show anything. I've tried it in different browsers, but can't get it to work.

I'm trying to budget our trip. Does anyone know what runDisney's discounts on tickets and hotels looks like?

Is anyone else having trouble with the travel section of the runDisney site? You used to be able to view what hotels where available for each event and now the page won't show anything. I've tried it in different browsers, but can't get it to work.

I'm trying to budget our trip. Does anyone know what runDisney's discounts on tickets and hotels looks like?

Oooh - maybe they are updating? I just checked it a few hours ago and it was fine but now it also isn't coming up for me. Again, I haven't done W&D before, but for TOT I think tickets were around $350 for a 6 day park hopper? And Epcot area resorts were in the 350-400 range a night.

Joining in! This will be my first RunDisney event, and I'm so excited!!! A bit nervous about registration though...
Thank you so much @Keels for the link! And the payment copy/paste tip - GENIUS!! :)

Joining in! This will be my first RunDisney event, and I'm so excited!!! A bit nervous about registration though...
Thank you so much @Keels for the link! And the payment copy/paste tip - GENIUS!! :)

You're welcome!! I would make sure you're on the computer with the link called up about 10 minutes before "go time" and then start refreshing constantly about 5 minutes prior. The link for Disneyland opened up early right around then and I got the husband's registration and a friend's registration BOTH done before Noon.

I'm ready for all of us to get "official" so we can really start the fun!

I agree that copy/paste tip is genius!! My husband is in charge of our registration and I have been giving him all the tips!

Totally forgot to check my schedule at one of my jobs for next week. I'm normally off Monday/Tuesday because of when my workload gets shipped in but they added an extra day for me as a placeholder to give me extra hours! :scared: So glad I checked because the had me starting at 8:00 am on Tuesday (I'm on the west coast, so registration for me is at 9:00 am). Oops! Thankfully they wouldn't have noticed if I showed up late, but at least I caught it today and got my schedule fixed.

I really hope the rest of this week goes by quickly.

Better go back & check for he genius tip! I'm pretty sure I missed it!

Better go back & check for he genius tip! I'm pretty sure I missed it!

Ha! I just said to type in your credit card info into an email draft or a note file so you can copy & paste without having to waste time typing and checking the number. Easy peasy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter