Windsor Palms VRBO #51188

LurkerLisa

Mouseketeer
6 bed, 4 bath home

Pros
Location - Windsor Palms is close to Disney, this house is not overlooked, and the lot is HUGE. However I thought that I was in Windsor Hills:lmao:, so I was surprised that the pool was smaller than I remembered from the internet - duh!
House - it's a nice, clean house that looks like the pictures.
Price - I had originally wanted a different house (the owners have several), but it was booked, so I was given a discount since I only had 7 people staying.
Owners - Very responsive. Always returned emails quickly.

Cons
Location - This particular house is located in the back of the subdivision which is adjacent to a sewage treatment plant:sad2: :scared:. You only smell it if the wind is blowing FROM the east and gee, that never happens, right? Except it did for the whole week we were there. Sometimes the smell was VERY strong and sometimes you'd only get a whiff here and there. We did not smell anything in the clubhouse area.

Patio Door - the door from the main livining area to the pool was bolted shut:confused3 :confused3 so if you wanted to bring food to the pool area you either had to go through the master bedroom or the bathroom - kind of wierd.

Towels - there were no hand towels or wash cloths:confused3 and the amount of towels was rather skimpy (owners said the smaller towels always go missing, so they have given up - also said that additional bath towels would be added)

Bowls - the only bowl in the whole house, other than cereal sized ones, was being used for a centerpiece. This made it hard when cooking a dinner for all of us because there was nothing to serve food from (again, owners said that they would investigate).

Overall it was fine, but due to the sewage plant, I'd not stay there again.

PM if you have questions.

Lisa

Lisa,

There was a thread recently about this and a manager from WP wrote in to dispute the sewage smell claims. I am glad we are hearing from someone who had actually stayed there. It is important for people to know. But I do hope you had a great trip anyway.

You are a champ to be so positive after experiencing that smell. So much of what we enjoy on our Orlando vacations is being able to be outside all the time when we are cooped up with the looong Maine winters. It would have really bothered me to smell anything unpleasant when I was out by the pool.

Thanks for the report!

:goodvibes
I know about that thread - I wrote it and it's true!:lmao: And I really felt like a prize idiot for not knowing about the sewage plant:rotfl: since I must have looked at 500+ homes and actually picked this one:rotfl2: (admittedly it was our 4th choice, but still!)

Lisa

Thanks so much for posting. We stayed in Windsor Palms and didn't smell anything but we were not in the back, we were very close to the club house. We've been staying in the Davenport area, but if we ever decide to stay at Windsor Palms again we will keep this in mind. Otherwise, Windsor Palms was a lovely resort.

We stayed at Windsor Palms last Jan. in a house near the back and usually could smell "the smell" in the mornings. I would stay in WP again as long as the house wasn't near the back of the property.

Is there a map anywhere that would show the "back" of the property? Where is the plant in relation to the property, ie. "It's just east of there", so I could find it's reletive location on Mapquest?

If you want to figure out your location relative to the sewage plant:

Go to Google Maps
Input this address:2203 Windsor Palms Way Kissimmee, FL. This address is in the cul-de-sac located at the "back" of Windsor Palms
Change to the satellite view and zoom in. The 2 "pools" that look like a pair of glasses are the treatment ponds - yuck!

PM if you have any questions.

Lisa

We have one of the townhouses towards, I guess, the "front/left" or "top" of WP. Saying a silent prayer that we don't have any stinky smells to deal with!

We are looking at a house owned by Yogesh Patel on Sun Palm Drive. Can someone possibly Google that address and tell me if I would have a problem? I don't want to email the guy and ask him if his villa stinks. :0

Thanks,
Tammie

Towels - there were no hand towels or wash cloths:confused3 and the amount of towels was rather skimpy (owners said the smaller towels always go missing, so they have given up

This was a problem in the townhouse we stayed in WH (not Palms) as well. It seems like a small thing, but the accomodation is supposed to include towels, and I don't want to have to make a trip to Walmart to buy washcloths, which I did.

We are looking at a house owned by Yogesh Patel on Sun Palm Drive. Can someone possibly Google that address and tell me if I would have a problem? I don't want to email the guy and ask him if his villa stinks. :0

Thanks,
Tammie

We are planning to stay at this same location. Did you end up staying there? Was the smell a problem?

We live in a rural area where the fertilizer is spread and the "eau de cow" smell can be abundant. It does go away. I'm just glad I don't live in a city with exhaust and smog. Just a different perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter