Windsor Palms 2 br townhouse

dgaston

Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies tshirt"
I spent a lot of time researching and found an extremely affordable 2 br condo (only $465 a week) at www.peppers-florida-vacations.com We traveled over Feb vacation week, and there was no bump up in cost. I mailed checks to the UK without any trouble and checked in through the management company located right at the Formosa Blvd plaza. While everything in the condo was very beige, both DS17 and DH said they'd be happy to stay here again. The apartment was equipped with everything I needed for cooking. DS played a lot on the Playstation 2, and we watched a movie in the Clubhouse with a few other people. We like the location of Windsor Palms (have rented a home twice) and didn't find the commute to WDW difficult at all. We use Sherberth Rd to get to Disney property.

If you have questions, feel free.

Hi Debbie!

It looks like you have stayed at Windsor Palms on more than one occasion and also on-site many times, therefore, I would love to get your opion on a few things.

I'm in the infancy of planning a Dec. 2007 trip and would love to stay on-site, but am heavily considering off-site to save $$$. With the savings, purchase APs instead of MYW tickets. :woohoo: I think DH is convinced APs would be a good thing! ;)

Here is a little history......As married adults, we have only had two WDW vacations. The first trip was focused on visiting family and we ended that trip by spending only two days @ WDW. We hit all 4 parks comando-style and stayed at CBR. He agreed to a second trip only on the condition that we slow it down, to which I readily agreed! I spent countless hours :surfweb: researching everything possible and came up with a wonderful vacation while getting great deals on rooms, airfare, car, etc. We spent 1st night in POP, then BW (studio) for 5 nights (rented points from DVC member), and spent the last night in ASM. We had 5 days in the parks and loved every minute of our trip!

I'm just worried that staying off-site will be a let down since so many of our fond memories revolve around staying at BW and the convenience it provided. I know I would love a 2br condo even though it is just the two of us. I love big rooms and having the ability to spread out :yay: . I also would love us to become AP holders! :love:

Do you feel staying off-site took away from any of your vacations?

Can you tell me more about your overall impression of Windsor Palms and how it compairs to a Disney Resort? :confused3

Assuming you had a different condo on each visit, was the quality of the decor, furniture, appliances, equipment, etc. in each unit about the same?

Windsor Palms is currently my first pick of the four off-site places I am considering, so any info good or bad would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Because we live in Florida, we visit WDW 3 or 4 times a year. We alternate on and offsite to mix it up. Our first condo experince was at Windsor Palms a and we loved it. You can find the condo we stayed in at yourdisneycondo.com. We tried renting homes too, however we decided gated condo communities are best for us. We liked Summer Bay and Windsor Palms best. If you are considering windor palms, also check out Windsor Hills resort. It is a tiny bit closer to WDW and brand new! You can go to windsorhillsrent.com and choose the very condo you rent. We stayed in a 3 br/3ba townhome with a small screened in splashpool. You can find it at islandlkproperties.com. We love to stay on property but feel the need to go to the parks all day and get no rest. Staying offsite occasionally or at OKW or SSR for that matter, you are a little farther away from the hustle and bustle and will probably relax more. Have a wonderful trip wherever you decide to stay! :wave:

We stayed at FW and OKW on our last trip two years ago and decided to rent a three bed, two bath condo at Windsor Palms on this trip for about half the price. I can let you know when we get back whether or not I enjoyed staying at WP as compared to staying on-site. I'll keep you posted. I'm actually kind of looking forward to staying offsite if only to regain my sanity at the end of a long day in the parks. Sometimes staying on Disney property doesn't let me relax as much as I'd (or the hubby) would like. I'm hoping for the best! :banana:

P.S. Can I just say how much I love these smilies on this site? They are so fun!!!

Timon711: I have a philosophy about the Disney Magic, and I believe it's creating wonderful memories for your family. We have had super vacations on site, off site, budget, and not-so-budget trips. On our last WP stay, we watched Hitch in the movie theater at the clubhouse, great family memory. WP is very close to Disney and I don't think it changed any of the restaurants, or special activities we had planned. I do think I might like to try out Windsor Hills (www.windsorhillsrent.com) just because of their beefed up pool and water slides.

I have spent 4 Christmas Days at WDW -- one at POR (then Dixie Landings), cabins at FW (cooked our Christmas dinner), WP (cooked Christmas dinner), and WP (finally wised up and ordered Christmas dinner from Publix!). Each provides us with good memories.

On one budget anniversary trip, DH and I even took the Lynx bus from the MCO area to WDW. We laugh about our adventure in doing that. We almost always hit the Disney outlets and have found great bargains that add to our magic. One of my favorites was finding the lightup saying twirlers for only $2. The new ones ($20) are programmable, so my adult kids don't think mine are so cool anymore. That's ok.

Best wishes on your planning.

The only drawback we have found for our DS17 is the lack of transportation directly to WP. We do end up doing a bit more 'taxi service' than on-site.

You are right, the magic :wizard: is in the memories made during a trip. Like I said as an adult, both trips were on site. As a child, I had three visits off site (a day visit w/my aunt and two trips with my high school band). Now thinking about it, I think the trips w/ DH were so "magical" b/c they were with him, not b/c we stayed on site.

After reading more threads about off site stays even from DVC members, I am more certain that for this trip off site is the way to go.

Thanks again! Your opinion helped put my mind at ease on this issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter