• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Windsor Hills

lmk

Dedicated to Elise - Elmo's biggest fan!
Just wanted to give my high recommendation for Windsor Hills - it is the ideal place to stay for families with small children. The location is amazing, the splash pool is great after a day at the parks and the playground and pool areas are beautiful. We really enjoyed our stay and plan to return. Many thanks to George (www.5mins2disney,com) for all his help. We rented his townhome #2 and it was perfect.

I am thinking of staying there as well next year. How long did it actually take to drive to Disney? Was there a washer/dryer there? Glad you enjoyed your time.

Gaby

Hi Mickeymom! The drive is very quick - about 5 minutes if you take the back road. The townhomes and houses definitely have a washer and dryer - I'm not sure about the condos. For the price I would absolutely recommend at least a townhome. The splash pool was such a nice thing to have - just be sure to get it heated if you're not going during hot weather. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I should clarify - the drive to Animal Kingdom is about 5 minutes. Probably closer to 10 minutes to the other parks. MK takes a bit longer since you have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Centre and take the Monorail over to MK but it still took less than half an hour from our townhome to the park. It's very conveniently located.

Thanks for the review! I just saw earlier tonight that they added a 3rd townhome and I am interested in that one (the other two are booked).

Good to hear from folks with good reviews. :goodvibes

A third townhome?? Geesh George - looking to become the next Donald Trump?? :) Can't say I blame you - the place is awesome.

Hey LMK, thanks for the kind review, we really appreciate it! Yes, we just added a 3rd townhome tonight! It's actually our friend's brand new townhome right across the street, we will be handling their bookings and guest relations for them, just like we do for TH#2! We were just there 2 weeks ago (and are actually considering buying it for ourselves!)...but we agreed to take it on, only because it's furnished to the extremely high level that our first two homes are decorated at (our niche has always been to have the very nicest places in the resort). :thumbsup2

So...more open dates in our calendar we can work with now, which is a great thing! I get bored with having to tell people that we're booked all the time! LOL

Thank you again very much for the kind mention, and we're so happy you had such a great trip! :goodvibes

We looked at these townhomes when searching for a place to rent in Windsor Hills. They look really nice and were actually my favorite. I really hope to stay there one day. I will have to check the new addition out.

... The townhomes and houses definitely have a washer and dryer - I'm not sure about the condos...

For the record, my family and I will be staying at a condo in Windsor Hills in May (see link in my signature), and it does have a washer and dryer. I think they are pretty standard.

I am pleased to see so many positive reviews of Windsor Hills. It makes me feel good about our decision to stay there. I plan to be one of the satisfied customers when we return!

Mike in the Maritimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter