Windsor Hills Townhouse Review

smkiya

<font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta
Me, dh, dd5, and ds 4.5 months just returned from a week in Disney. We stayed offsite in the resort community Windsor Hills. The resort itself was very clean, had a gym, clubhouse with game tables, arcade, movie theatre, DVD rentals, store, double olympic pool with slide, and gated security guard access. The security guards did a great job of making sure that everyone who entered was supposed to be there.

We stayed in Magic Villa 6 from http://www.themagicrentals.com/. When making our reservations, Rita was very good about answering all of our questions promptly and courteously. When we got there, we entered a code into the keypad on the front door instead of a key, and did this for the remainder of the stay. Much better than having to get a key from someone. Once inside, the house was bigger than what we thought. Usually pictures portray a different story, well the pics on their site were true to what we saw when we arrived. The place was clean and fully stocked. There was even a stroller and high chair, which we didn't use, but was a nice touch. The splash pool was also larger than what we expected. I was upset with myself because on the drive down, I remembered that I didn't bring anything to use in the pool, but they had it all right there. There was obvious wear, though not anymore than you'd see anywhere else. There was a small tear in the loveseat, the coffee table was worn in one area, and when I went to use the ironing board, the handle came off in my hand. Aside from that everything else we used was fine. I was going to stay onsite for our trip next year, but we can't imagine staying anywhere else. We had a great time and highly recommend them.

If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me.

Sounds like you had a great stay. We stayed in the townhomes a few years ago and thought they were very spacious for the money.

The homes at Windsor Hills are great, my friends and I have stayed there several times. Reccommend to anyone!! Travel time to go see "the mouse" is very short. One word of advice for a person looking to book at Windor Hills - stay away from a renter named "Bob Lavender" - my group had a REALLY bad experience dealing with him. On the other hand, a guy named Lars who rents out "Ascot House" was great, we would totally work with him again. Just my 0.02!!

I'll second the Bob Lavendar complaint.
He is not pleasant and I wouldn't rent from him again.
We were blamed for and charged for issues with the home that we were in no way responsible for. Please think carefully before renting from him.

Otherwise, the Windsor Hills rentals are wonderful and a great alternative to staying on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter