Windsor Hills - the place to stay!!

coppergators

Earning My Ears
I just spent the week at Disney with my twin 8-year olds. It was amazing! One of the best parts of the trip was our lodging. For the first time, we decided to stay off of Disney property. I never knew!!! Not only was it a lot cheaper, we had so many better, less expensive choices for dinner. We even cooked in our full kitchen!

The Windsor Hills amenities were five *****...Olympic size pool, water play area, volleyball, putt-putt golf, basketball, movie theater, pool tables, ping pong, huge play area - all less than 2 miles from Disney! We stayed the same number of days at the resort as we did at the parks! My kids can't wait to go back.

We did have to pay $10 to park every day but, were allowed to come and go throughout the day. We went to Magic Kingdom early, then came back to the condo for a nap, then back to Epcot for the fireworks at night.

The home itself was immaculate with all the amenities from home. We've already booked our next vacation with the owner so, now I can share the website with you! Check it out! website is: diZneycondo. com (the owner's names are Liz & Rob). Their number: (305) 785-7728.

Michele:cheer2: :grouphug:

Oh, I am so glad that you had such a great time! It looks like a lovely condo. Isn't it wonderful to stay there?? I like staying on-site too, but I really enjoyed all of the room and the kitchen at WH. And the property is so nice. My kids had a wonderful time there. We stayed for a week in May and only went to the MK one day, and to Sea World for two days. The rest of the time, we just played at WH and Downtown Disney. Its a lovely spot to vacation!

We have booked our second trip there too!

Best wishes for another magical vacation!

It's good to hear that as we'll be staying at WH in Jan 09 and this will be our first time offsite, looking forward to it.

We have 8 yr. old twins, also, who I have been showing the pictures of the condos at WH, they are now so excited to go !!! :banana:
We are looking at renting one of the 3 bedrooms with our own splash pool, which they think is just amazing !!!! :thumbsup2
They said, they are ready to really start saving their money for our trip !!;)
What did your kids think of the pool and waterslide ?
And, does anyone really watch movies in the theater?
If so, what kind of movies do they play ? I don't know if we'd have time
to see them, but it's nice to know we have that option !
So, you had no problem with having to drive to the parks ?:confused3
If you pay for parking for the day, can you also park at the resorts, if you plan to have dinner there ?

We have 7 yr. old twins, and they really enjoyed the large pool; they also thought that the slide was very fun.

We did not watch a movie, but a lady there said that her son and mother were in the theater watching something while she was out at the pool with her younger child. She said that you just schedule whatever movie and time that you want, and then you might even have the theater to yourself. They had a great list of kids' movies to pick from, but I can't recall any at the moment. There were quite a few available.

We did not have any trouble getting to and from the parks using the Sherboth (sp?) shortcut. It was really quick back and forth. Just a bit of time to get from your car into the park, especially the MK. So do plan for that, especially if you ever want to be at rope drop. (the drop-off for resort buses is right at the entrance; but you don't have any wait time for a bus when in your own car.)

We did not have to pay to park at any resorts at which we had dining reservations. We just told them that we were there for dinner, etc., and they let us in (and we had not even been to a park that day). We did pay if we wanted valet.

We just really had a great experience there and are looking forward to our trip again in November.

I hope that you will have as magical of time as we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter