Windsor Hills "Romancing the Mouse" Review and TR

jkelly86

Mouseketeer
We took a short trip (5 nights) to Orlando in May. We stayed in a 5BR at the Windsor Hills Resort. It was truly fantastic and affordable. Mark and Holly are the owners and were wonderful. The house itself was in fabulous condition and very clean. We were greeted by Mark himself, bringing muffins, OJ, and chocolate chip cookies. The pool faced southeast, and was an easy walk to the clubhouse pool. The Master Bed was very comfy! The weather cooperated, and we were in heaven. (PM me if you would like a referral discount.)

We had two children (ages 5 & 8) as well as four adults (parents and grandparents) in our party. Plenty of space for privacy and peace! We spent Saturday at Blizzard Beach, which was fantastic, with the exception of Teamboat Springs being refurbished. We went to Bahama Breeze on Saturday night, which was also fantastic. I had the Almond Encrusted Tilapia. My MIL had the Scallops over Peruvian Corn Cakes (on special) and loved them. The wait was 35 mins with call ahead seating. Afterwards, we went to Downtown Disney to explore.

On Sunday we took it easy by the pool, and then went to Sea World for the Makahiki Luau Dinner Show. Just FYI, you can enter the park 1 hour before the show, and admission tickets to Sea World are not required. The dinner and show were outrageously good. We all gave it a thumbs up.

On Monday we officially visited Sea World. We used the $5 child tickets and were told that we could upgrade them to a second day free, but did not need it. We loved the new Dolphin feeding process. It made the whole ordeal hassle free with the kids. I took pictures from across the dolphin pond while my family went in. We ate dinner at Logan's Roadhouse on 192, which was good and cheap.

On Tuesday, we cashed in our GAD tickets at Magic Kingdom. The park seemed empty! (Wait times at 1pm included 15 mins for Splash Mountain and 10 mins for Thunder Mountain!) Went back to the house for a swim and a break from 3-5pm, and ordered Giordano's Pizza. It was great. Then, we returned to the park for rides and fireworks.

On Weds, we checked out and went to Anna Maria Island, which was spectacular. Overall, a fantastic vacation.

Glad to hear that you guys had a great trip! If you do not mind me asking how much was this 5 Bdrm? And do you know which # it was? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter