• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Windsor Hills/Mickey's Condo Review

MiniMooMoo

Earning My Ears
We stayed at Mickey's Condo in Windsor Hills from 12/7/08-12/13/08.

From start to finish, staying here was a great choice for our family. Working with the owners was easy and stress-free ... all of my emails/questions were answered quickly and professionally.

Checking in was a breeze and walking into the condo for the first time was so fun - we were all running around checking out our rooms and all the great Disney decor. We immediately felt right at home. Being able to cook our own meals, do laundry when we needed to and spread out when we wanted some quiet time were the reasons we chose to stay off-site at a condo & I'm SO glad we did.

Because, guess what? My son came down with a stomach virus on our second day at Disney and eventually passed it to the rest of us. Having multiple bathrooms, a nice quiet place to recover (we never heard a peep from anyone other units), the ability to go into a bedroom and close the door to sleep while other people were awake and make an emergency trip to Walgreens at 9PM all provided so much comfort to me in what was a less than ideal vacation.

Other things that we enjoyed about Windsor Hills ... the pool is a lot of fun and the playground is very nice. We could see the fireworks at night, which was nice. The drive to the parks was no big deal and we were able to meet our every vacation need within a few miles of the condo.

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer them. I'm so thankful to all the people on this board who talked up Windsor Hills - I never would have known about it without them. I'd love to go back someday to stay at Mickey's Condo again & do Disney without all the stomach issues. ;)

Sorry everyone got sick on your trip. I am glad you had a great experience in the condo though! Thanks for the review.

We are staying in Mickey's Condo in March so I'm glad to hear that you liked it! I loved the pictures on the website, especially the mickey themed bedrooms and bathrooms and I can't wait to see it in person.

Were you able to see fireworks from the balcony like it says on the website?

glad you liked it. I'll be checking in next weekend on the 17th.

I hope all the stomach bug germs are gone. I hear the bug was going around at Disney.

Are there any tips to offer.

And I too want to know about the fireworks view.

Thanks!

Yikes! So sorry about everyone getting sick, but so glad that at least you were comfy. Glad to hear that WH worked well. Like you, I learned about WH here and am very excited about our stay in another condo next month.

Yes, we could see fireworks from the balcony, but honestly, they are far away and were not as exciting to us as it sounded in print. ;)

Other tips ... if you drink coffee in the morning, the coffeemaker uses basket filters and there are none in the condo. There are lots of places to buy souviners on the main road near the condo ... I think Walgreens had the cheapest mugs/trinkets.

Hope you enjoy your stay there - it's a really great place to stay!

:)

Hi! :wave2: Was there anything that disappointed you about the place? I just went to the website and it looks really nice. (and the price is great!) I was wondering if you happened to see the 5 bedroom one with its own private pool? Sorry so many questions.:) Thanks!

The condo is nice. We had a great time. We could see the MK fireworks and we saw a missile launch from NASA.
This is our second stay off site. Staying off site is a different experience than on site. You have to think about how your family vacations. I have been to Disney several times so I do not do Disney every day. Think about the time of year you plan to go. In off season the commute to Disney is easy.
Off site is best if you want more space at a lower cost and your family does vacation with a laid back style. If you plan to go to Disney every day then I would suggest on site.
Our Disney vacation is a totally different experience depending on if we do on or off site.
Just something to think about and have fun planning.

Great trip report! Too bad your son got sick though. :(
How long did it take you door-to turnstile to get to each park?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter