Windsor Hills - Disney Discount Condo

CheeseburgerParadise

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We're considering staying in a ground floor unit at the very end of Building 2 on Alamation Loop. I think it's #109.
It's advertised on it's own website as Disney Discount Condo and I've also seen it on the windsorhillsrent website. It's also known as Lightning McQueens Pad on the Florida Sun Vacation Homes website.

I know it's a bit far from the pool but apart from that, can anyone think of any other pros and cons to staying in this particular condo?

Any input would be appreciated.
The place looks great on the website and the owner is informative and friendly in our e-mail correspondence. Given it's location, the price is also fairly attractive.

Just want to obtain additional information from people who have already been in WH and who might have stayed in this particular condo.

Thanks,

CP

I've stayed in condos twice at WH. Once on the GF, and once on the 3rd floor. If building 2 is the one I'm thinking of (the one with the lake view), you won't be far from the pool at all. When we stayed on the GF, the condo above us was empty. With the 3rd floor condo, this was not the case, and there was a good bit of noise coming from the condo directly above. That's the only negative I can think of. We are going again in November and I specifically sought out a 4th floor condo for that reason.

Thanks Savannahcat, but we're definitely not talking about the same building.
Building 2 is furthest away from the pool and with absolutely no view.

That in itself doesn't put me off at all. Was just interested in hearing other people's experiences re. this particular condo.

From all that I've read, WH is great in terms of location and facilities. Still, not all condos were created equal! :-)

Sorry can't help as we haven't stay YET, but you are right the building by the lake is building 7 not 2. That said I don't think the difference in walking is very much a minute or so extra is what someone else told me, whether this is right or not I am not sure.

I am sure the unit will be great. I have only ever seen 1 bad review (and that was just very recently) of the condos in all my research which is why we decided with WH.

Have a great time.

Kirsten

CP,

We just got back yesterday and stayed in the opposite building (#1) on Almaton Loop. It was a 3rd floor unit called Never Never Land and faced an open area with a parking lot for oversized vehicles and some tennis courts. The only concern that I would have with a first floor unit is if it is on the street side of the building since cars parking at night would shine directly into your windows.

Other than that, there is a back gate into the pool area and it is not a long walk from the building that you are considering. The unit that we rented was very nice and Florida Sun Vacation Homes was great to deal with. Feel free to post any other questions you may have about Windsor Hills or the unit that we rented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter