Windsor Hills condo or townhouse with an excellent cancellation policy

Shelly3630

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me a website or info for a three bedroom condo or townhouse in Windsor Hills that has an excellent cancellation policy or at least a really good one? I believe our on-site stays at Disney will soon become a thing of the past with the outrageous prices they are charging!

I rented through Villadirect dot com and they offer homes in Windsor Hill, there cancelation policy was really good.

Here is a copy of it since I am still not able to post links:

The Guest may cancel their booking at any time up to or during the Rental Period. In the event that the Guest exercises their right to cancel, the Company will levy the following cancellation penalty percentage rates of the Total Rental Fee (amount shown on the booking confirmation):

From initial date of booking up to 60 days prior to the arrival date 20%
Between 30 and 60 days prior to the arrival date 50%
Between 15 and 30 days prior to the arrival date 75%
Less than 15 days prior to the arrival date 100%

The Company regrets that it is unable to waive any of the cancellation charges above, whatever the circumstances. The Company recommends that all guests take out adequate cancellation or vacation insurance either through their insurance broker or travel agent. Alternatively, the Guest may elect to purchase cancellation protection through VillaDirect (only available at the time of initial booking). Please ask for details. Further terms and conditions apply.

Another idea is to buy "cancel for any reason" trip insurance. We always buy trip insurance now that we rent offsite.

www.insuremytrip.com gives you quotes from many different cpmpanies and is very easy to use. good luck planning!

I suppose buying trip insurance is what I'll do. I bought it for our Disney package in 2005 and our Disney cruise this year and thankfully never had to use it. Has anyone else out there bought it just to insure a condo or house?

Yes, I always buy it just to insure the home I'm staying in. I use insuremytrip.com just as Mainebound does.

We actually bought the home cancelation insurance that villadirect offered. Reason being is because we knew we were going to take the trip no matter what, we were just concerned about the other half of our party. One couple was iffy on going and I wanted to book right away and not wait until July to miss out on the home we wanted to stay in. Of course though if the 6 other people were not going to come, we did not need a 5 bedroom home.

The cancelation insurance was inexpensive and worth the piece of mind that we would lose a certain amount of the deposit. Plus, villa direct also was willing to allow us to switch to a smaller home had only one couple cancel and we would then need a 4 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter