Windsor Hills Break ins/Theft

purple250

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I am getting married in Disney this may and am staying inside the park. However, my parents are staying outside of the park in the Windsor Hills resort because we are bringing our too Yorkies along. I have read about break ins/theft occurring at this resort. Has anyone else heard of this? I would be absolutely devasted if someone broke in and we lost our two dogs! Does anyone know if this resort is unsafe and I should book elsewhere? Thanks!

~Lauren

I wouldn't worry about WH not being safe. We've stayed there 3 times, last time was for 2 weeks and we didn't see anything.:thumbsup2 I'm not saying it couldn't happen because it can anywhere, even in Disney which has had numerous thefts.
I would be more suspect of the two posters on TA since they don't seem to have any other postings except one somewhere else and that was also a bad place. Don't take all TA reviews as the truth.
I'm more surprised that someone at WH will accept pets. I know from the homeowners association that they are not allowed in the public areas of the resort included streets. :confused3

I wouldn't worry about WH not being safe. We've stayed there 3 times, last time was for 2 weeks and we didn't see anything.:thumbsup2 I'm not saying it couldn't happen because it can anywhere, even in Disney which has had numerous thefts.
I would be more suspect of the two posters on TA since they don't seem to have any other postings except one somewhere else and that was also a bad place. Don't take all TA reviews as the truth.
I'm more surprised that someone at WH will accept pets. I know from the homeowners association that they are not allowed in the public areas of the resort included streets. :confused3

Hmm thats interesting to learn about the pets. Maybe its because my parents are just renting a condo as opposed to one of the villas? I think since they are privately owned it is up to the owners. The rental agency we rented from specifically informed us of this specific condo in windsor hills that said they do in fact accept pets. All we have to do is pay a pet security fee to cover any damages that may occur, and it is refundable at the end of our stay.

you know I was recently looking at condos for sale in Windsor Hills, and the info on the realty page was that pets were allowed.

I do know I've read reviews on condos in other areas of Florida where they had separate rules on pets...one irate vacationer was saying that the condo owner plainly told her that pets were allowed, but when she went to walk her pet in the designated pet area, one of the neighboring condo owners told her she had to leave, only owner's pets were allowed.

Maybe Windsor Hills has similar rules...owners pets allowed, but not renter's.

you know I was recently looking at condos for sale in Windsor Hills, and the info on the realty page was that pets were allowed.

I do know I've read reviews on condos in other areas of Florida where they had separate rules on pets...one irate vacationer was saying that the condo owner plainly told her that pets were allowed, but when she went to walk her pet in the designated pet area, one of the neighboring condo owners told her she had to leave, only owner's pets were allowed.

Maybe Windsor Hills has similar rules...owners pets allowed, but not renter's.

All I know is that the rental company is allowing me to bring them...so they are coming. Hopefully, I won't run into any problems. They will spend the majority of the time inside the house and they don't bark. They are 3 and 5 lb dogs! They don't need to walk very far..a walk up the street for them is like a marathon for them! :rotfl:

The Windsor Hills Community Declarations, which are binding on the homeowners, provide that dogs under 25 pounds are permitted in the townhomes and in the single homes but not in the condos. The rules further provide that the dogs cannot be walked on any of the common elements of the community. This makes it extremely difficult to have a dog in the townhomes since everything outside the lanai in the rear and the small patch of grass in the front is common area. In the single homes, the yard is available to walk the dog which makes it manageable. Neither owners nor management comanies/rental agents can give guests any more rights than are given in the Declaration so even if an owner, management company or rental agent indicates that pets are ok in the condos, they are still not permitted. Guests are bound by the rules set forth in their rental contracts with the owner as well as the Community Declaration.

I bring my 4lb chihuahua to WH all the time he has been over 8 times in townhomes. he walks everywhere. I have seen many dogs and someone had 2 big golden retrievers. never a problem. been there for 2 years now
maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter