Windsor Hills #301

shadowflax

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone :wave2:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I love these boards and I found soo much information here for my trip, so I thought i would post a review of the condo we stayed at.

I stayed at Windsor Hills condo #301 from vacationcentralflorida.com from January 24-31 2009.

First, the owners were great to work with and always answered my questions quickly.

The condo was just like the photos on the website. It was a three bedroom two bath within walking distance to the pool and clubhouse. When we arrived, the condo was clean and there was no check in involved, as they have an electronic lock, all you need is the code. It was great not having to worry about a key all week.

We used the shuttle service all week and it worked well for us. It was $10 a person round trip for the Disney parks and $14 for Universal/Sea World.

All in all it was a great condo, the only things I found wrong was the lack of dishcloths in the kitchen and the fact they say you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from your balcony when all you can see is the top of the fireworks from the end of wishes (maybe you can see more on different nights, I'm not sure).

I would stay there again for sure!

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Hi Everyone :wave2:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I love these boards and I found soo much information here for my trip, so I thought i would post a review of the condo we stayed at.

I stayed at Windsor Hills condo #301 from vacationcentralflorida.com from January 24-31 2009.

First, the owners were great to work with and always answered my questions quickly.

The condo was just like the photos on the website. It was a three bedroom two bath within walking distance to the pool and clubhouse. When we arrived, the condo was clean and there was no check in involved, as they have an electronic lock, all you need is the code. It was great not having to worry about a key all week.

We used the shuttle service all week and it worked well for us. It was $10 a person round trip for the Disney parks and $14 for Universal/Sea World.

All in all it was a great condo, the only things I found wrong was the lack of dishcloths in the kitchen and the fact they say you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from your balcony when all you can see is the top of the fireworks from the end of wishes (maybe you can see more on different nights, I'm not sure).

I would stay there again for sure!

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

We stayed there at the end of October. It was nice. Just like the website. Pots & pans were a little worn. I don't remember having issues with the dish towels, so maybe some of them disappeared between then and now? :confused3

Didn't know there was a shuttle. We had a rental van.

I loved how close it was to everything.

And you can't see the fireworks. You can hear them though.

Sarah

How does the shuttle system work? We'll most likely have a car but you never know.

I would like to know this too. My DH and DS are driving to Kennedy Space Center for a day leaving us without a car. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

How does the shuttle system work? We'll most likely have a car but you never know.

I would like to know this too. My DH and DS are driving to Kennedy Space Center for a day leaving us without a car. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you go to the clubhouse there is a Welcome center right beside the sundry shop. They have the schedule for the shuttles on the wall.

Windsor Hills uses two companies for the shuttle service. The first one is Maingate Transportation. They are the ones that charge $10/person for Disney and $14 for Universal/ sea world. You have to call the number on the schedule and book a spot on the shuttle. They pick up at Windsor hills at set times at the clubhouse only. I think they were 9:20 and 11:00 and they pick you up at the park at set times, usually an afternoon pickup and one a half hour after the park closes.

Maingate picks up at more than just Windsor hills, so they recommend you book a spot on the shuttle 24 hours in advance. We did it an hour in advance, but we were there at a slow time.

The other company they use is Good Times Transportation. They are more money (for us anyway, we were only 3 people), and works more like a taxi.
They charged $45 round trip to Disney (not per person, per van) and $65 to Universal. You can expect them within 1/2 of when you call usually. Their rate sheet is in the Welcome center as well. They will actually pick you up at your condo or home.

We used both companies and they were both great. There was one incident where our Maingate shuttle was late, but usually they were on time. One driver was even early picking us up from the Magic Kingdom!

Do they have a website?? how do I find out more about booking?

The website is vacationcentralflorida.com (I can't post links yet) They have all the information you need on there. Every condo (except 301 for some reason) had a video tour. They even have an online booking and payment system.

We stayed there at the end of October. It was nice. Just like the website. Pots & pans were a little worn. I don't remember having issues with the dish towels, so maybe some of them disappeared between then and now? :confused3

Didn't know there was a shuttle. We had a rental van.

I loved how close it was to everything.

And you can't see the fireworks. You can hear them though.

Sarah

Yeah, I remember the pans being somewhat worn too. We had dish towels, just not wash cloths for the dishes. We just ended up using a face cloth instead.

Wow that looks great, thanks for the recommendation!

How were the mattresses?

Wow that looks great, thanks for the recommendation!

How were the mattresses?
The mattress in the king room was great. It was on the firmer side and very comfortable. My friend who was in the queen room said she slept great, and she never sleeps well away from home.

Thanks for your post. I am going to check them out. I think I am going to book townhouse #1 for my trip...since my dates are stilll available.

Their prices look VERY good. We're thinking of going offsite for a late January/early February trip. I really want to go to Windsor Hills, so this is a great recommendation. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter