• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Willamsburg hotel?

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
I am going to VA beach and I am all set with a hotel there thanks to this board. I had a room booked for Great Wolf Lodge but decided to cancel it since it has not received great reviews and my kids are ages 18 and 14. I now have to find a hotel. I would love your suggestions. I would like a hotel near proximity to Busch Gardens and like a outdoor pool and restaurants inside if possible. Thanks in advance.

We went to Williamsburg in May, loved it! We stayed at Wyndham Kingsgate... 2 BR with full kitchen, balcony, pool, arcade, movies, etc all for about $85 a night plus a $5 resort fee (but covers all of the video games, movies, etc). Very close to all of the typical tourist attractions, stores, and some restaurants. We loved it.

Thank you so much. This sounds perfect, but it is booked. The price is crazy low. So bummed it is booked. Do you have any other ideas? Does anyone else have any suggestions?

I'm not sure how fancy you're willing to go or not go. My Fiance and I are in williamsburg about once a month for Busch Gardens. Medium range: Quality Inn at Kingsmill, Low Range: Rodeway Inn and Suites are our top picks :)

IF you have questions about specific hotels in the low price range, feel free to PM me, we've stayed at quite a few of them.

We stayed at the Springhill Suites. It was about a 15 mins drive to Busch Gardens. It does have a pool, but it is indoor. Has a nice free breakfast in the morning. No on site restaurant, but is on the "strip" so you could walk to a few food places or drive to tons or others.
The room we had a 2 double beds and a pull out couch. There was also a mini fridge and microwave.

Good call on gwl. I've been to that one three times. It's okay but musty smelling and the food onsite is very limited. We have season passes to water country and I am trying to explain to the kids that one night at gwl is more than our season passes to bg and wc.

I'm local so no help on hotels.

We went to Williamsburg in May, loved it! We stayed at Wyndham Kingsgate... 2 BR with full kitchen, balcony, pool, arcade, movies, etc all for about $85 a night plus a $5 resort fee (but covers all of the video games, movies, etc). Very close to all of the typical tourist attractions, stores, and some restaurants. We loved it.

Just make sure you book a 2 bedrooms suite for the full kitchen and laundry.

That was the hotel I got from Hotwire bid. It was $73 per night for a 1-bedroom suite. It was listed with full kitchen and laundry. A week before I left to Williamburg, I called Kingsgate to confirm about the full kitchen. (Their website said kitchenette). There was not a full kitchen. Called Hotwire, offered 10% credit. 3 days before I left for the trip, got an email from Hotwire that said laundry is not available due to renovation and again offered 10% or free cancellation. I cancelled this time and booked Residence Inn. It costs more, but I was just not comfortable with Kingsgate under the circumstance and the Tripadvisor reviews.

We had a great stay at Residence Inn. The 1 bedroom suite was big with 2 queen beds. Full updated kitchen and hot breakfast daily. Working wireless internet connection (extremely important to my family) The location is right on center of Richmond Road. Very close to Colonial Williamsburg, 10 mins drive to Busch Gardens and 5 mins the Outlets.

Just make sure you book a 2 bedrooms suite for the full kitchen and laundry.

That was the hotel I got from Hotwire bid. It was $73 per night for a 1-bedroom suite. It was listed with full kitchen and laundry. A week before I left to Williamburg, I called Kingsgate to confirm about the full kitchen. (Their website said kitchenette). There was not a full kitchen. Called Hotwire, offered 10% credit. 3 days before I left for the trip, got an email from Hotwire that said laundry is not available due to renovation and again offered 10% or free cancellation. I cancelled this time and booked Residence Inn. It costs more, but I was just not comfortable with Kingsgate under the circumstance and the Tripadvisor reviews.

We had a great stay at Residence Inn. The 1 bedroom suite was big with 2 queen beds. Full updated kitchen and hot breakfast daily. Working wireless internet connection (extremely important to my family) The location is right on center of Richmond Road. Very close to Colonial Williamsburg, 10 mins drive to Busch Gardens and 5 mins the Outlets.

That would have ticked me off, too! We did have a full kitchen, laundry, etc. We did not book directly with Wyndham, however, we used Sun or Snow vacation rentals and had a wonderful experience. I was also worried bc some of the reviews talked about some of the units being dated, but many have been upgraded. We actually got a "dated" unit, and it was perfectly fine... We usually stay in DVC villas and I would say the quality was about the same.

OP, I had asked about your dates bc there are many timeshare rental places that rent these properties. Before you give up, check some of those. You can start on VRBO.com and Homeaway.com.... There are three (I think) timeshare resorts there, and they all have similar prices and reviews. It is just such a nicer vacation to not be cramped in a hotel, I think. Good luck, you are going to have a blast regardless!

Kingsgate is our favorite for Williamsburg, followed by Governors Green, and Patriots Place and Powhatan. All have suites with full kitchens etc, and plenty of room.

D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter