Will you get the Covid vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hospital says they will have the vaccine in ten days and are asking for volunteers who they will then prioritize. It is not mandatory. (I’m assuming that’s a “not mandatory yet”)

I'm mixed on it. I know I should get it, but I'd be happier waiting a bit to see how it goes. I know this means I am asking others to be a guinea pig for me, but honestly as I won't be in one of the first groups eligible, it's a somewhat moot point as my comfort level may change as we see how this progresses. I am more than willing to wear a mask and keep my distance from people.

I don't think vaccines will become mandatory for travel, concerts, etc., especially as more and more people get the shot. Businesses are too worried about their profit margin to sideline a chunk of potential customers, especially if the majority have had the shot.

I'm mixed on it. I know I should get it, but I'd be happier waiting a bit to see how it goes. I know this means I am asking others to be a guinea pig for me, but honestly as I won't be in one of the first groups eligible, it's a somewhat moot point as my comfort level may change as we see how this progresses. I am more than willing to wear a mask and keep my distance from people.

I don't think vaccines will become mandatory for travel, concerts, etc., especially as more and more people get the shot. Businesses are too worried about their profit margin to sideline a chunk of potential customers, especially if the majority have had the shot.

Lee, Ticketmaster has already designed a system to verify proof of vaccine when you purchase tickets. And I spoke to an executive from an organization that promotes touring Broadway shows and he told me that those shows are going to re-open based on the areas with most stringent vaccine guidelines.

Oh please with all the righteousness people. We have no duty to inject ourselves with anything to protect you. You hold no moral high-ground here, the reason you are getting the vaccine is to protect yourself first and foremost. You aren't doing it for anyone else and you know it.

Oh please with all the righteousness people. We have no duty to inject ourselves with anything to protect you. You hold no moral high-ground here, the reason you are getting the vaccine is to protect yourself first and foremost. You aren't doing it for anyone else and you know it.

You've laid quite a bit of self-righteousness down on me before, so welcome to the club? :D

As soon as I possibly can, I will be waiting in line.

I'm good, I obey the rules and pretty much only leave the house to get groceries/necessities. Went out a little more during the summer when things were better in our area. But my dd is immune compromised, I'm overweight and both dd and dh have asthma. So the thought of COVID entering our household makes me extremely nervous.

But I'm tired of quarantine. Even as an extreme introvert I'm really getting tired of never leaving the house. I want to go on vacation and go out to eat, concerts, go to lunch with my sister, see my parents, have friends over for dinner etc.

I think if we're at a point where we can ask people to close (and many lose) their businesses they have built over a lifetime for "the greater good" then we're at a point where we can ask people to take a vaccine.

I do think it's very selfish if people decide to suck up the herd immunity the rest of us create, by choosing (without necessity) not to be vaccinated. The herd immunity needs to be reserved for those who *cannot* be vaccinated.

Absolutely yes. And this page is heartwarming to read.

FYI: I am in the Moderna study, so feel free to ask me anything if you'd like more info- I can personally dispel some of the myths and conspiracy theories.
If you’re in the placebo group, are they going to give you the opportunity of taking the real vaccine or ask that the study remains sterile for two years? Have seen it reported both ways.

If you’re in the placebo group, are they going to give you the opportunity of taking the real vaccine or ask that the study remains sterile for two years? Have seen it reported both ways.

Great question: literally yesterday, we were informed that the placebo group WOULD receive the real vaccine. We got a letter directly from Moderna. No exact time frame, but they are discussing it with the FDA currently.

I think if we're at a point where we can ask people to close (and many lose) their businesses they have built over a lifetime for "the greater good" then we're at a point where we can ask people to take a vaccine.

I do think it's very selfish if people decide to suck up the herd immunity the rest of us create, by choosing (without necessity) not to be vaccinated. The herd immunity needs to be reserved for those who *cannot* be vaccinated.

And I disagree.

Great question: literally yesterday, we were informed that the placebo group WOULD receive the real vaccine. We got a letter directly from Moderna. No exact time frame, but they are discussing it with the FDA currently.
That’s great news, thank you for participating. Going forward it would have been difficult for sign ups on future COVID vaccines or ongoing studies if the placebo group “had” to be blind for two years with very effective vaccines available.

That’s great news, thank you for participating. Going forward it would have been difficult for sign ups on future COVID vaccines or ongoing studies if the placebo group “had” to be blind for two years with very effective vaccines available.

Very true- I know several people who have been asked to participate in the JnJ study but have declined because it would prevent them from getting the "sure thing" approved vaccine.

The only time I get a bit questioning is when people say they are doing their part by staying home, wearing masks, limiting contact with people and more but then say they won't get the vaccine or they are going to wait for a long while. The one poster I asked explained their reason and I respect it but it's hard not to look at the phrase 'doing your part' and say a vaccine is just the other side of the coin.

I don't want to get that conversation started again but bringing up the 'righteousness people' made me think of this coin metaphorically.

There's no basis for disagreement- she's factually correct. It's not an opinion. It's math.

She's factually correct about her opinion?
Didn't we have a discussion about this in your thread. I'm not doing it again with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter