Will you be using MaxPass?

Will you be using the MaxPass system?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nope. $50/day for my family is ridiculous. Completely stupid!!! I don't mind being the runner - especially at parks as small as DL and DCA. Now I'm in competition with people who can dole out the extra cash and stand still to book a FP.

Don't other parks (Magic Mountain and Universal) charge way more for their "fast pass"? I swear the last time we went to Magic Mountain it was an added $99 to get the Flashpass per person. All this did was save your spot in the queue for the line so if the current line was 40 minutes you could go to the ride in 40 minutes without a line. You could only do one ride at a time, also.

$10 isn't a bad value but I won't be using this service. I like paper passes and like you think $50 for a family of 5 per day is pretty high.

I'm not sure if we'll use it. Our next trip is at the end of May-beginning of June. We're going to go to DL for 3-5 days. On prior trips, we've purchased a PhotoPass+ and have made good use of it. The last time we got one, it was $69 and you could use it up to 2 weeks. Now, PhotoPass+ is for 1 day ($39) or 1 week ($78).

If I do the math, it would actually be cheaper for 1 of us to get MaxPass for all 5 days ($50, assuming that the price doesn't go up prior to our trip). However, there's no way that I'd pay $40/day for the 4 of us to have MaxPass each day. And since I'm usually our family's FP runner, what I'd end up doing is still going to the FP distribution location to get FP tickets for the rest of my family. However, that seems kind of silly.

BUT if you compare the PP+ alone against the cost of buying PP+ **AT** the park ($99), $50 for Photopass is a pretty good deal.

So....I'm not sure.

Don't other parks (Magic Mountain and Universal) charge way more for their "fast pass"?
I don't know anything about Magic Mountain, but as to Universal, I feel like it's just a different system. I believe Universal's pass lets you skip the line (or basically, use a FP line) once for each ride without limitation on timing, so you could basically walk through the park and go on all the rides one after another (I've never used the pass, so sorry if I'm wrong about that). MaxPass isn't guaranteeing a FP for every ride, and since you have to work around return times and limitations on frequency, and not every ride even offers FP, it's unlikely you would come anywhere near getting a FP for everything. I'm not sure if it's a fair price or not, I'm just thinking it makes sense that Universal's pass costs more, since it offers more. Based on your description Magic Mountain is a fair comparison though.

We have a trip planned in August. I can see you trying it out for a day, but for every day of our trip? It would be too expensive.

I'm noticing people in the other thread on this topic calculating out how much it would be for everyone in their party for each day of their trip, but I'd do it for one day in a multiple day trip, just like you're describing.

I'm going to say yes and probably. My first trip to DL will be this May for the Tink run, and I'm going solo (my fam is staying home) but I'm going with my sister. We'll probably get it for some/most days as it is not bad when going as a single person. Now, when I know that this trip will be fun and I'll just have to bring my family of four back for our family visit, then I'm going to say that we'll probably use it for most days there. I could see us using it for like 2 out of the 4 days of a trip or so. Just sounds like it'd make it easier to get a fp online plus I for one like the photopass idea with it (I always got the photopass at wdw when we go). I'm also thinking that these two trips (single and future family trip) will probably be our only trips there, so I'd want to make it as easy and get as many rides as I can each time we go.

Has anyone seen any information as to whether or not this will be offered on a day by day basis or if it will be an 'upgrade' for the total number of days on your hopper? Same for an AP, will it be an upgrade for the total period of the AP (like parking) or will someone be able to 'buy' MaxPass days when and if they wish?

Our family is only three, so this won't be that much for us, we will definitely use it. I can understand larger families not liking it, but then everything is more expensive if you have a larger family -- that's one of the great benefits of having an only child!

Frankly I'm more upset about paying $17 per day for self parking at DLH than I am about this upcharge.

I thought parking is now $18 per day for self, $25 for concierge, at the hotels (GCH, DLH, PPH). Either way, I feel parking should be free for hotel guests.

i'd consider it if they installed wifi. my cell phone data is just too unreliable in the parks, and if it's crowded at all i can really forget about it.

but without wifi, no way i'll be paying for this. which is a shame, because i'd be interested in at least trying it.

Probably. I've only been to DL once before and may not go again for a long time. Not familiar enough with the parks, fp kiosk locations, ect. I want to maximize my time spent there. But $10/pp/pd ? I need to hear how it works out for folks.

No, we will not be paying for this either. The costs are going up, and a lot of the value is going down. We did have a trip planned in April (to celebrate birthdays) but cancelled. We are looking at other places to go instead of Disneyland because of the continual price hikes on things, coupled with the quality of entertainment, food and quite a few CMs with negative attitudes. We do want to go to Disneyland again, but when, we do not know. The value for our dollar isn't there.

Most likely no.

My days of commando touring have been over for quite awhile and I always try to visit during less busy times so I don't typically use FP much.

I'm not interested in PhotoPass and it angers me that Disney wants to tie two unrelated services together to convince me that I'm getting more for my money. Sorry no, not if the extra service is something I never wanted to begin with. I have the same issue with this that I did when they first did this with AP's at WDW and DL.

Charging for something at DL that's free at WDW (for essentially the same thing) just isn't right.

The only thing I'm glad to hear is that DL is not implementing the full FP+ system that I hate at WDW.

I'm noticing people in the other thread on this topic calculating out how much it would be for everyone in their party for each day of their trip, but I'd do it for one day in a multiple day trip, just like you're describing.
I am hoping if we have a multi day ticket we will have the option to add it for just a day. That way you can plan strategically which day might be most advantageous to have it.

I am hoping if we have a multi day ticket we will have the option to add it for just a day. That way you can plan strategically which day might be most advantageous to have it.

That's an interesting point. I assume you'll be able to add it for just one day. But who knows?

I'll definitely using it. I go solo for the most part, and for $10 I'd do it just for the photos, never mind the convenience of being able to book the fastpasses without criss-crossing the parks

I would try it out. And not everyone has someone in their group capable of being the 'runner'.

And not everyone in their group has an extra $10 a day. If they want to offer it, offer it for free. We're getting soaked enough by Disney.

Like I said in other posts: we should all stand together against this, but there will be a bunch who say "I'll do it" and thus make the rest of us pay.

I've only been to DL once which was in 2013 and I'll be going back this June.
I most likely will not return for a number of years.
I only have to pay for myself. My friends and I have decided its worth at least giving it a try for the first day.
If we like it we'll buy for the other days as well.
I think it will make it easier for us to do what we enjoy and to me an extra $40 for a trip that will probably not happen again for 4-5yrs is a small price to pay.
Also the lack of wi-fi does not deter me. I am generally in a place that has wi-fi so I don't use much of my data so I won't be worried about going over. And the hotel I'm staying in has free wi-fi so I don't have to be concerned about using data there just at the parks.
If this were implemented at WDW I may decline since I go more often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter